Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #217
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Hmm. Weird they are in the demo. In fact they might b a little to long for my taste. Post game show to
Don't understand why ppl want to sit through it. Its nice the first time but once is enough for me
Old 10-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #218
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Don't understand why ppl want to sit through it. Its nice the first time but once is enough for me

I'll explain why. Some of us like presentation elements in our sports games. We like to see the highlights of our best plays etc.

Sad that both basketball games have been a total letdown in this department for 12 minute quarter players.

When I get home I will delete the patch and reinstall it and see if it comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #219
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

It worked for 12 min quarters pre patch, they're working on it right now.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #220
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Alright cool so I won't delete the patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #221
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
What worked? The halftime show? I actually didnt even see it in the demo, but I'm assuming that first day patch affected the demo as well?? Lemme know, cuz I'm confused.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #222
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
So they gave us an update to fix some things at the expense of taking other things out? This is exactly why we are so hard on you EA Live team. This is why we hammer you hard and do it so much we get the "zero tolerance" threads just before your game comes out.

You're like the fat girl in a size 2 dress getting ready to go to the club. You look in the mirror and think you're hot. News flash, your opinion of your own game matters none. Its what WE, the people giving you 60.00 every year think about your game. So whats the deal with your halftime show gone after the update??????
It's a bug; I don't think they did it intentionally. In any case, I've only played one game post-patch (12-minute quarters), and the halftime and post game shows were both there for me. I'm on XB1, so I don't know if it's a PS4 only issue or just intermittent.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #223
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Go watch my archived 48 minute game cavs at knicks. All highlights worked prior to the in game update. It'll be fixed.

Highlights at the end of each quarter, half time and end of game.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #224
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I got in about 3 games with the demo last night, and for the most part enjoyed myself:

Pros:

-Player models look great, significantly more realistic than those in 2k

-The weight and pace of the game feels good to me, it seems like gravity is more a factor and I wasn't seeing lots of sliding.

-I love the dribbling in Live, and always have. It feels faster and more responsive, even though I'm not a fan of the Broadcast camera. It's great that they brought back the sizeup, and I liked the signature dribbles as well, although I only had a small sample size.

Cons:

-The collision animations are still clunky and stiff when driving the lane. Nowhere near the smooth feeling of 2k when you drive to the rim and take some contact. I was expecting good things since the collisions in FIFA are so good, but Live isn't there yet. I saw the same animations repeatedly, which gets old after a few games.

-The passing is a bit stiff too, they need more animations, and although I found the contextual passing to be adequate, it would be nice to have more control over the types of passes made.

-Sometimes I felt like my ball handler wasn't facing up with the basket while performing dribble moves, which looked and felt a bit awkward to me.

-Too many shots going in, period. Kyrie Irving was 13-15 against me, and the bulk of those were fairly well contested shots. A few of them were WTF moments.

-Pick and Rolls weren't too great, or maybe I just don't understand the system yet. Apparently the action of the screen setter is contextual, and I never really felt sure of what he was going to do until the icon would change suddenly. Jury's still out on this one.

-I'm not sold on the player tendencies based on the demo. LeBron was unbelievably passive in all 3 games. Guarding him never felt difficult, or any different than guarding anyone else.

Overall, I really had fun, but until I try the full version with the patch, I can't really commit to this game. I've heard people say the patch is a huge difference, but I'm skeptical about how much they could possibly clean up, in the animations department especially. Anyone have any links to some gameplay post-patch?

Thanks guys
The pick and roll controls are based on how you use the pick. Obviously, you know that holding LT/L2 brings the screener over to set the screen, and he won't move until you let go. To have him slip, just let go of the trigger as soon as you want him to go. To have him roll, start to go around the pick, and let go as he is making contact with the defender. To have him pop, keep holding the trigger until after the defender is around the screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »