Home

NBA Live 18 Videos Released

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Videos Released within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #49
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 18 Videos Released

Players still can't stand straight/knees bent
Old 05-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #50
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Some things should be a baseline across all sports game that claim to be sim, and in 2017 realistic looking movement and animations is one of them.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #51
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Hopefully EA understands that fair or not, this game wont be released to universal praise....just dont abandon ship. I feel like they got spooked into abandoning their vision multiple times through 14-16

Just stick with it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 09:05 PM   #52
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Their faces need more expression... from what I saw
Old 05-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #53
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Hopefully EA understands that fair or not, this game wont be released to universal praise....just dont abandon ship. I feel like they got spooked into abandoning their vision multiple times through 14-16

Just stick with it...
That's true. If anything, they've released something to social media and bigger youtubers because they're confident with what they have so far. Unlike previous outputs where it was hush-hush until the last moment

At least Agent 00 was fair in his praises and criticisms if you heard them, and even said that those who were there got to see stuff that none of us had. He said it was pretty funny, for all the right reasons. We'll just have to wait until EA Play to really find out what's up

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 05-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #54
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Enforcer
I love how anytime the word animations is brought up here it also includes the word looks and not feels which is EA's strong point. Over photoshopped filtered selfie generation I guess.
Im older, grew up playing Live in the 90's and early 2000's. I don't understand why some people are saying EA Sports games give you more control, imo I do not think they do, and if they do it's not that big of a difference that warrants EA Sports games bad movement and animations.

A few months ago after getting tired of playing 2K17 I installed and played Live 16 and imo 2K felt much better, I feel like I have much more control in NBA 2K, in NBA Live it feels like the dribble animations dictate the direction you go, in 2K you can control the direction you go with the left thumb stick. I prefer 2K controls better.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #55
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
NBA Live 18 Videos Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I dont want Live to be 2k.

Which is the reason I dont feel the need to bring up 2k constantly while in this forum...I would prefer Live to stand on its own two feet....and I'm not going to be complementary of evetything they drop because its 'not 2k'. A lot of people here will be caught in that trap and end up dissapointed if thats their basis.

Yes, in theory id take some clunky animations over suction/unrealistic outcomes etc....but as of right now, thats just a hypothetical...because that wasnt the case in Live 14, 15, or 16....

So ill keep pushing for a game that looks good in motion and plays well...I hope the community does to...

I think the 2 will always be compared. Fair or not. Roll back in time here on the forums. The back and forth has been going on since Live 03. Both bring something to the table. We the consumer win if sales are solid because both companies will push to be better every year. I played a lot of the other game this year. It's not bad it just does not draw me in like Live.

The big thing for me is that lots of people are talking. Good or bad that will drive sales as people will be aware of the game. I am fully on board with what I have see so far. I can't wait for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief

Last edited by TecmoZack; 05-24-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Im older, grew up playing Live in the 90's and early 2000's. I don't understand why some people are saying EA Sports games give you more control, imo I do not think they do, and if they do it's not that big of a difference that warrants EA Sports games bad movement and animations.

A few months ago after getting tired of playing 2K17 I installed and played Live 16 and imo 2K felt much better, I feel like I have much more control in NBA 2K, in NBA Live it feels like the dribble animations dictate the direction you go, in 2K you can control the direction you go with the left thumb stick. I prefer 2K controls better.
I thought 2k17 finally found a good balance with their control and animation. I'm not a 2k head so every year I test it out with open eyes. I wish people would do the same here with live after actually playing the game.

In the third or 4th vid I think there was a written gameplay feature. Can someone post that? New post moves!!

Last edited by Nemesis Enforcer; 05-24-2017 at 09:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »