Home

Leaked 5v5 gameplay

This is a discussion on Leaked 5v5 gameplay within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #145
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Leaked 5v5 gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
EA sports are no longer a viable threat? I mean if you consider because they dominate the sports game market already lol. Your post makes no sense, the majority flock to their games year after year with the exception of Live so they must be doing something right. I am frustrated with their sports games at times as well but as soon as I put in 2k or PES there are another whole set of issues easily just as problematic in their own ways. This is just a hating comment in response to positive feedback.
I won't speak for the whole division but in general, I'd agree with you.

However, you are looking at the thoughts and feelings of a lot of people out there that feel that way and it was created by EA themselves in regards to NBA Live.

This has nothing to do with 2k, especially when compared to all games as a whole...just games.

NBA Live is lacking TREMENDOUSLY and have a huge hill to climb. The question is how do you stop the majority of people from feeling like the above?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #146
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

I've stepped away from video games these last few years and coming back in with a fresh perspective, NBA Live honestly seems like it could be a fun and different experience.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #147
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
I've stepped away from video games these last few years and coming back in with a fresh perspective, NBA Live honestly seems like it could be a fun and different experience.
That's what ultimately matters. None of the comparisons and all of that.

Also they've had a hand in gimping that kind of experience as well... with plenty of things mentioned here over the years..but I do think there is some fun to be had here if you like the series.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #148
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Even the most dedicated Live fans were completely down on the game as far as Live 16... We are optimistic because there are a ton of good positive changes.

As far as gameplay looks, changing a few animations, adding some new ones, taking out some old ones, and change the floaty passes. If they do that, maybe fix a little stiffness, the gameplay would be the best of the best. All of the things I mentioned above can be patched. Even roster editing is at least on the radar. Things are very optimistic and haven't been on here in a very very long time.

2K is way behind in certain areas as well. People say Live chased a cash cow but a 57 rated start to my career? Forced story line? Orange juice? Forced cut scenes? Lack of control. Stuck in animations, super slow mo basketball at times (to keep animations looking pretty). Live for the most part is showing they are fixing a lot of things people don't like.

No doubt 2k is still 9/10. Live looks like it may approach 8/10. But we are excited for something fresh. And that 8/10 may help us avoid those problems we hated dealing with in 2k.

So if I can save $20 compared to having to buy $20 of VC just to get a 70 rated player, I will enjoy myLive "mycareer" so much more. There are a lot of small problems that make 2k difficult for me to play.

All this to say there is a reason for optimism​. It's not a bunch of "blind Live fans". Live 14 sucked, 15, and 16 with little to no progress. We held them accountable, and minus roster editing and some Nonie things (all which can be patched in day one or later) the game looks great overall and it's refreshing to us. Nothing wrong with that.

I preordered every 2k and loved them overall. Preordered Live 14, hated and sold it. Live. 15, bought later and hated it. Still bought 16 on black Friday and eventually hated it.

Live 18 has convinced me not only to buy but to not buy 2k this year. They she doing something right. (I compare because, I, like many, will only buy one basketball game. For many it is a competition, which is perfectly fine)

Last edited by zrohman; 06-13-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:18 AM   #149
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Leaked 5v5 gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman

Live looks like it may approach 8/10. But we are excited for something fresh. And that 8/10 may help us avoid those problems we hated dealing with in 2k.

i will save this quote for later
Old 06-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #150
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

The more I look at that video the more I like it! You can clearly tell the speed difference between the players, the ball physics are great, the player collision physicality is really good, the player movement and animations are better.

I didn't like the Kevin Love double team, what was he doing? Didn't like Zaza Pachullia scoring from the post, passing animations look weird, & players look weird when getting up off the floor, they get up like The Undertaker.
Can't wait to get my hands on the demo in August.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Americas Team; 06-14-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #151
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbstoner43
This game look like a typical EA game. The player models look robotic. EA sports are no longer a viable threat in the sports market with the exception of FIFA. Madden has been in production almost 30 years and it nowhere close to being remotely close to a true SIM game. It amazes me people are fooled by EA sports each and every year, while at the same time complaining about how the game suck. There is no for EA to change when they look at sales and the money is flowing in.
Man I cannot STRESS this enough, everything you've stated is exactly how I've been feeling for a very long time. . . when are people going to demand better from EA Sports?!

I am still completely underwhelmed

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #152
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbstoner43
This game look like a typical EA game. The player models look robotic. EA sports are no longer a viable threat in the sports market with the exception of FIFA. Madden has been in production almost 30 years and it nowhere close to being remotely close to a true SIM game. It amazes me people are fooled by EA sports each and every year, while at the same time complaining about how the game suck. There is no for EA to change when they look at sales and the money is flowing in.
They're all bad including 2k. All riddled with legacy issues. We buy them all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »