Home

Leaked 5v5 gameplay

This is a discussion on Leaked 5v5 gameplay within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #177
Rookie

akacmac911's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Leaked 5v5 gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancio23
For people like yourself a lot of them won't like how the game animates, which leave it up to preference for every basketball fan you have 2 game to choose from. You have gave your impression from your eaplay visit you said they made improvements but you still don't seem sold on the game. As for me that have bought both games every year since 2014 I see the improvements and like what I've heard, I'm not saying yes EA you get a pass for not adding roster editing, yes EA you get a pass for a couple hard to look over animations not say that at all, but even tho your not bashing the game it's seems like you want people to be on your side saying well I saw some bad animations let's not get the game, but from what I'm hearing the game as improved and they still have a couple more months to make improvements and can still change some stuff after the game as been shipped. At the end of the day it's all down to PREFERENCE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preference, that is basically what it boils down to. We should all come to the conclusion that nba live will always animate like this until they change whatever is they use for player movement in the game. So if you can't get pass the jerky, stiff, robotic movements, just play the other game. That's why it's good to have two. Preference.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #178
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I prefer Live. Well, actually I prefer Inside Drive but no one is giving us that anymore and I curse the development gods for taking it away from us.

But Live has some ugly animations and that's me also liking the video and seeing the improvement. It still needs work to get me pushing people to buy it.

I'm in. Don't get me wrong. I'm all in. But I'm not surprised others aren't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #179
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
For people like yourself a lot of them won't like how the game animates, which leave it up to preference for every basketball fan you have 2 game to choose from. You have gave your impression from your eaplay visit you said they made improvements but you still don't seem sold on the game. As for me that have bought both games every year since 2014 I see the improvements and like what I've heard, I'm not saying yes EA you get a pass for not adding roster editing, yes EA you get a pass for a couple hard to look over animations not say that at all, but even tho your not bashing the game it's seems like you want people to be on your side saying well I saw some bad animations let's not get the game, but from what I'm hearing the game as improved and they still have a couple more months to make improvements and can still change some stuff after the game as been shipped. At the end of the day it's all down to PREFERENCE.

Man I hope you're trolling talking about im looking for people to be on my side.

I am first and foremost not anti consumer and I also don't cosign something that's garbage.

Compare this to any other videogame in the industry and it makes no sense what you're saying.

I plan on getting the game, im just not sold on full price.

Instead of trying to filter out my motives you should want the game to be better to avoid more 8-10K sales numbers.

I've been around this series for a mighty long time and im not about to let some 25 year old nostalgia cloud my judgment.

Some of you dudes are just not honest and that's really what it is.

What i'd prefer is to have 5 basketball games again but this has nothing to do with that. This has everything to do with this game not lasting as long as the same complaints remain.

Its ridiculous how people defend anything at all just because they like it. I don't even want to get started on this because like a few others ive been more involved in the past than you probably ever will be and saw more nonsense happen than you'll ever know.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #180
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Man I hope you're trolling talking about im looking for people to be on my side.

I am first and foremost not anti consumer and I also don't cosign something that's garbage.

Compare this to any other videogame in the industry and it makes no sense what you're saying.

I plan on getting the game, im just not sold on full price.

Instead of trying to filter out my motives you should want the game to be better to avoid more 8-10K sales numbers.

I've been around this series for a mighty long time and im not about to let some 25 year old nostalgia cloud my judgment.

Some of you dudes are just not honest and that's really what it is.

What i'd prefer is to have 5 basketball games again but this has nothing to do with that. This has everything to do with this game not lasting as long as the same complaints remain.

Its ridiculous how people defend anything at all just because they like it. I don't even want to get started on this because like a few others ive been more involved in the past than you probably ever will be and saw more nonsense happen than you'll ever know.

28 actually lol, I wasn't defending the game it as its fault just like every other game. I can point things out that was wrong with 16 I can't say nothing about 18 cause I haven't played it.

I wasn't coming at you, that's just how your approach came off to me. I can't make videos game or know how they animate all I can do is appreciate and applaud what is being done.

And I'm pretty sure you've been around and been involved more than I am and will ever be. Wasn't trying to get involved in anything just here to read and share my thoughts which I only do on rare occasions.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #181
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
28 actually lol, I wasn't defending the game it as its fault just like every other game. I can point things out that was wrong with 16 I can't say nothing about 18 cause I haven't played it.

I wasn't coming at you, that's just how your approach came off to me. I can't make videos game or know how they animate all I can do is appreciate and applaud what is being done.

And I'm pretty sure you've been around and been involved more than I am and will ever be. Wasn't trying to get involved in anything just here to read and share my thoughts which I only do on rare occasions.

and again, I don't need you to try to weigh my approach. I did play but that wasn't even the point.

Anyone making excuses for stuff in the game that needs to be fixed ASAP is not a real fan of seeing this series succeed, and it makes me wonder if they actually play games in general.

....because in no way can you watch smooth animations at both 60 and 30fps in multiple genres and feel as though this is okay, even with it causing cacellations, delays and low sales points.

Individual preferences mean little to nothing when the majority of what they need are shunning the product itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #182
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

So I contructively criticize what I've witness with Live 18 so far but yet my post get deleted wtf is going on?

I've been a OS member since the 90's. I'm very disappointed in you guys. . .

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #183
Rookie

What exactly are Live fans defending and preaching as ok here? No one has said screw roster editing or the animations are perfect. No mention of 3 year plans either.
We don't buy this game cause nostalgia but the hate seems to be nostalgia based.. going forward with all the inprovents to movement and animations we've heard Live fans/ mods should not longer accept animations suck from the haters.

Post a vid and make your claim with the final build. Rag on the product/developers whatever. But this whole Live fans are the problem or I'm better cause I only care about this game from afar is bull ****.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #184
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Enforcer
What exactly are Live fans defending and preaching as ok here? No one has said screw roster editing or the animations are perfect. No mention of 3 year plans either.

We don't buy this game cause nostalgia but the hate seems to be nostalgia based.. going forward with all the inprovents to movement and animations we've heard Live fans/ mods should not longer accept animations suck from the haters.

Post a vid and make your claim with the final build. Rag on the product/developers whatever. But this whole Live fans are the problem or I'm better cause I only care about this game from afar is bull ****.

You literally have someone saying crappy animations, robotic, stiff, non human looking player movements is a preference and if you don't like it buy the other game cause that's just how Live animates. People are literally saying they know there is no roster editing in this game for the 9th consecutive year but they're buying it anyway to 'support competition.' Not sure what forum you're reading but there is definitely defending here.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »