Home

Did I miss the Player Ratings reveal?

This is a discussion on Did I miss the Player Ratings reveal? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2017, 11:48 PM   #9
Benchwarming Since 92

TDYRX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Did I miss the Player Ratings reveal?

As much as it sounds like an excuse, it's Madden season. I'd imagine EA wants everyone to focus on their money maker right now, especially since the Live demo has been producing solid impressions and content (YT specifically) to keep a buzz going. I think we'll get more info towards the end of the month, leading up to release.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:21 AM   #10
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

We have a demo. How are they not advertising their product?

What do ratings do but show a number. It doesn't matter. We have actual gameplay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 08-25-2017, 08:39 AM   #11
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
We have a demo. How are they not advertising their product?

What do ratings do but show a number. It doesn't matter. We have actual gameplay.

i think the art of effective advertising is not known to many here. this demo is nothing. they need to interact with the community. 2k has nba players interacting with fans on Twitter and well known gameplay devs interacting on OS. building hype is essential in getting purchases and live is MIA after demo release. 2k is even inviting youtubers ( influencers with milions of subs) to freely advertise . what live has done is enough for the small #of people here but to the million of others they havent made a dent

Last edited by thedream2k16; 08-25-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 09:37 AM   #12
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
i think the art of effective advertising is not known to many here. this demo is nothing. they need to interact with the community. 2k has nba players interacting with fans on Twitter and well known gameplay devs interacting on OS. building hype is essential in getting purchases and live is MIA after demo release. 2k is even inviting youtubers ( influencers with milions of subs) to freely advertise . what live has done is enough for the small #of people here but to the million of others they havent made a dent
The Live developers are communicating with the community.

My point is one dropped gameplay and people want ratings. The other is dropping ratings and people want to know about gameplay.

They are both just as active as the other. In my opinion, giving people a hands on demo is more immersive than a number next to someone's name that most looking forward to it don't agree with anyway and want to edit.

We do this every year. News doesn't start pouring out until September. Guys need to wait.

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 08-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #13
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
i think the art of effective advertising is not known to many here. this demo is nothing. they need to interact with the community.
I have bought 2K religiously for many many years, I have played the heck out of the Live demo and will be purchasing it instead of 2K, so it at least worked on me. This demo has been EVERYTHING. Have you seen EA Rocky and others in the threads interacting back and forth? They have been present.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Live is doing good job for where it is. They dont need to do what the giant is doing...or even try and measure up against it. Any screenshots would get drowned out by what they have going on right now anyway...

They have a free demo out, devs are active in the community taking feedback.

I've actuallty seen a lot more physical advertising than I have in the past (ads embedded in the Google Play Store etc)

I think they are doing fine for the lane they are in..
Old 08-25-2017, 11:16 AM   #15
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
what live has done is enough for the small #of people here but to the million of others they havent made a dent
How can you really know that until you see some sales numbers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 03:31 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
It is sad the lack of marketing this game gets. In the world of social media we have these days no excuse for the lack of interaction. The other game is constantly releasing new info and basically NOTHING since we got a 2 team demo(with Park modes) from Live team.

Lack of info formation makes me believe the game is bare bones outside of the online my player modes. Which is why no information is getting revelaed. Even if that is the case they could still reveal some ratings every now and then.
I feel the same way. I already preordered it, but I can't seem to find much info on the game anywhere. No ratings, no info one what was improved in this year's game, nothing. More people would give Live 18 a chance if ea did a better job of promoting the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »