Home

Roster Updates

This is a discussion on Roster Updates within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2017, 07:44 AM   #225
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Roster Updates

Whether we agree or disagree on how injured players are handled...giving us options would end the conversation all together....that's really the long and short of it. It's frustrating that it even has to be a conversation going on 4 years now.

In the mean time, we need to sure up things like Brandon Paul being a light skinned post anchor...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #226
Pro

OVR: 0

The injured players ratings don’t go down they just go on the reserve list which you can take them off before the game starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #227
Rookie

You know what's really frustrating? Not being able to change anything in Franchise Mode that doesn't apply to your team. On 2K16 & 17, I "user-controlled" all 30 teams for this reason. EA did an update on 11/15, but my franchise is stuck in the past now, seemingly forever, with Bledsoe forever a Suns player and Brandon Knight still balling for them.

I can't cut Knight from the Suns nor can I cut Knight or change rotations for the other 29 teams. I was hoping EA roster updates would affect franchise mode. Guess not. If EA isn't going to allow more user control, then those updates should affect franchise mode. Never mind that in my franchise, the Nets have signed Chris Bosh and cut Spencer Dinwiddie to do it.

:facepalm:

So, EA's solution is that I constantly restart my franchise whenever a trade goes down in reality or cope with rosters never being updated, if I want to keep a realistic experience going. Even previous lives let me edit rosters in dynasty mode! Which is why I enjoyed Live 10 so much...

Oh, and by the way, I just checked rosters outside of Franchise Mode after the 11/15 update aaaaaaaand...BLEDSOE IS STILL ON THE SUNS!!!

Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 11-16-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #228
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

I'd have been alright without roster editing if they could have at least kept the transactions up to date. My copy is collecting dust.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-16-2017, 07:38 PM   #229
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Days later, and surprisingly this thread keeps the laughter going. Where are those folks who said they don't need roster editing hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 11-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #230
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

Yea I wish there was roster editing and a better franchise other than that I think they did a good job on the game play.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-16-2017, 11:20 PM   #231
Rookie

The shooting system and defensive rotation system is dodgy, but I'll admit after playing a few games with my Lakers the gameplay is growing on me. The menus are so slow, though? Also my copy keeps disturbingly crashing on me, which is rare for any PS4 game to do. It happened once yesterday and twice today as I was adjusting my rotation. Luckily, it seems to be a problem with the menu loading system? The actual games have not crashed, thankfully... *knock on wood*. Reminds me of a glitch due to bad scratch on my PS2 copy of NBA Live 07 where "exit game" would cause it to freeze (after I'd played a full game, lol). Very frustrating. It may be my disc, but it's brand new and I haven't done anything to damage it. Plus PS4 discs are tough to screw up, too. Anyway, still frustrating to not be able to fiddle with anything for the other 29 teams, but I'mma stick with it. It doesn't help that I can't really get any value for the game, probably, via GameStop. I'm too lazy to return it to Amazon and I did get it for $20-something. The pros outweigh the cons, but the cons could get worse. Still going to press on...fun playing with Lonzo and the commentary is a lot better than I thought it would be.

Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 11-16-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #232
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang
The shooting system and defensive rotation system is dodgy, but I'll admit after playing a few games with my Lakers the gameplay is growing on me. The menus are so slow, though? Also my copy keeps disturbingly crashing on me, which is rare for any PS4 game to do. It happened once yesterday and twice today as I was adjusting my rotation. Luckily, it seems to be a problem with the menu loading system? The actual games have not crashed, thankfully... *knock on wood*. Reminds me of a glitch due to bad scratch on my PS2 copy of NBA Live 07 where "exit game" would cause it to freeze (after I'd played a full game, lol). Very frustrating. It may be my disc, but it's brand new and I haven't done anything to damage it. Plus PS4 discs are tough to screw up, too. Anyway, still frustrating to not be able to fiddle with anything for the other 29 teams, but I'mma stick with it. It doesn't help that I can't really get any value for the game, probably, via GameStop. I'm too lazy to return it to Amazon and I did get it for $20-something. The pros outweigh the cons, but the cons could get worse. Still going to press on...fun playing with Lonzo and the commentary is a lot better than I thought it would be.
Lonzo needs to be updated and shooting ratings drastically decreased

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »