Home

What Happened: 'The Demo Was So Hot'

This is a discussion on What Happened: 'The Demo Was So Hot' within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
Rookie

Star1's Arena

OVR: 6
What Happened: 'The Demo Was So Hot'

It entailed an intuitive, fluid game. Either against a Human or CPU opponent, it was smart & engaging. It was almost like that game we always hoped for, but never expected to see anytime soon.

We longed for a different 'experience' from that game, with all the updates + slider adjustments, but still equaling dismal gameplay. Are we supposed to still be figuring out what the relevance of ACE is, if there is any? Micro-transactions etc. ...

Anyways, we couldn't wait for this NBA LIVE full game to drop.

But now, most people are sharing their time with both games, because most gamers feel like NBA LIVE left all the sizzle in the demo game. The fluid responsiveness + controls no longer exist. I'm still playing around with the right game speed to play, since online & offline game speed seems to differ with all the updates.

Has anybody seen improvement in gameplay after a Synergy update? I know I haven't.

It's overall effect & results remain unexplained or mentioned, just like ACE. For whatever it's worth, I turn ACE off. I don't mess with it. It feels like it does more harm than good ... consistently missing simple defensive assignments, etc.

NBA LIVE, can we please have back the game that was back in the demo, before all the updates (Synergy?) kicked in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
Rookie

wundrbread33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What Happened: 'The Demo Was So Hot'

Feels better to me. Controls are more responsive. They have vastly reduced the latency of the shot meter so you can actually make jump shots now. Contested shots in the post actually are hard to make now.

Love this game. This is the most fun I have ever had playing a basketball game. It is excellent.

Just add head to head vs. a friend. I'm afraid to tell my friends to buy the game since they would roast NBA Live for not having such a basic feature. It would be so fun to play against a buddy online.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:15 PM   #3
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

Once you get used to the controls and the changes in the shot meter the game becomes very fun.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by kac; 10-12-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:55 PM   #4
Rookie

mitsurugi_78's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with the OP on this, most of it anyway, the game feels far from the demo and not in a good way, I really didn’t notice any difference in the shot meter, maybe it’s a bit faster but that’s about it. I notice a lot more missed shots, but too many misses that should be makes. It’s just too forced and ruins the game when guys can’t make easy layups...contested shots in the paint is one thing....the guy having his back to you and being near by is not contested and should not result in a miss. The game definitely felt like it played better to me in the demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-13-2017, 02:14 AM   #5
Rookie

It may sound too much, but lowering game speed to 50 , will completely change the way game plays , change animations & even change how cpu plays. I know the latest may sound unreal but try it for 1 complete game. It is like a a "different" game. Just take your time to adjust for the first minutes.
All moves are way better, especially post game, rebounds , driving, every thing. And due to the fact that you play different especially on defence it changes cpu tendencies for more realistic basketball play

Last edited by teofross; 10-13-2017 at 02:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 02:37 AM   #6
Rookie

Much much better than the Demo in my experience
Old 10-13-2017, 09:17 AM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I feel in most respects, the updates have improved the gameplay....

I think for some, it's just a matter of playing the game, learning the ins and outs and and discovering warts that effect your experience. In the beginning its all a fresh/new experience....
Old 10-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #8
Banned

There was a time I felt the demo played better.. but that was probably because of a particular update I didn't like. But overall the game is really good in its current state.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »