Home

Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2018, 09:02 AM   #33
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

Impressions after a few games. 10 hour trial. Xbox One version.

- Player models are off. Body types need a lot of work, and some of the players look nothing like what they do in real.
- Noticed some questionable calls from the cpu on substitutions. Quick subs after only one play for example.
- CPU PG would drop the ball just before hitting center court. No defender on them.
- Didn't see any additions or improvements in Franchise mode. Looks to be the same as NBA Live 18, with an updated interface/menus. Very bare and weak news around the league and my team menu. I find myself skipping this part in franchise mode and going to my next game. I was hoping for improvements on this part of the game, so this is disappointing.
- top 3 replays of the game are not correct at times. I've seen some nasty dunks that should have been rated #1.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 08-31-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:07 AM   #34
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdish
Last year the halftime.show previewed the upcoming games night games around the league. Then during the post game show the same games around the league would be shown without updated scores. Has this been fixed? I doubt it but it would be super nice for immersion to get the scores from around the league in the post game show

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
I do see post game results at the end of the game. You see the results from the games played that night/day.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:05 AM   #35
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justonepost
The game itself won’t start.

You have to open the EA access app and browse to the Game Trials section then select Live
so I was able to get the game started the trial but I thought if you pre-ordered it I could get the full game now it says I only have 10 hours left. Will I be able to play the full game after the 10 hours expires

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 10:07 AM   #36
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
so I was able to get the game started the trial but I thought if you pre-ordered it I could get the full game now it says I only have 10 hours left. Will I be able to play the full game after the 10 hours expires

It's a 10 hour trial for the game with EA Access. Full game releases next week.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:40 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Live really improved signature shooting styles...forms differed last year but it almost felt like the bases were the same. Now they have set shots etc.that really stand out.
I noticed that as well, a few of them could use a little work, but there much better than in years past. Do you know if they added more free throw routines for other players, I've seen a few here and there. Or if they added more free throw routines for your one player? The options have been pretty limited from 16-19 I didn't see any new ones in the demo. Just these same ones they've had for the past few years. If you can let me know that would be great.

Underhead
K.Irving
K.Walker
K.Durant
D.Lillard
S.Nash
R.Westbrook
L.James
V.Oladipo
Old 08-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bliss
Nor could you import custom rosters into franchise or the league last year. Which is a bummer cause you would have to wait until Erika does a roster update and she was not to swift or consistent with the updates with Live 18. I hope she's more faster and consistent with the updates this time around. Not being able to import your custom roster will make the game feel stale and outdated real quick.
That's strange cuz last year when they added roster editing. I never had a issue importing my custom rosters over to a franchise and being able to play. But it is what it is for now I guess. Thanks for the info

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #39
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSavageBeast
It's a 10 hour trial for the game with EA Access. Full game releases next week.
Oh okay. I'm dumb

Old 08-31-2018, 10:58 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
okay I deleted my custom roster that I imported to franchise and imported the default rosters in the franchise save no longer crashed when I try to open it.

so obviously you cannot import edited rosters into franchise and use them either which sucks
Thanks! I'll have to try it after I get out of work today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »