Home

Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #657
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

I liked Live 18 better than 2k18. So is Live 19 better this year also?

2k has movements for me, where the player will hold me all the way down the court and stop me from having a fast break.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:08 AM   #658
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesjone
I liked Live 18 better than 2k18. So is Live 19 better this year also?

2k has movements for me, where the player will hold me all the way down the court and stop me from having a fast break.
Nba Live 19 is better than Nba Live 18 and Nba 2K19 is worser than Nba 2k18. I think you will like it even more this year.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:25 AM   #659
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The disregard for the NBA side shines through in a lot of places man...the server that the OH2H matches are on are horrible in comparison to what's mostly a clean experience on the Live Run side. Theres so much potential for the peer to peer matches in this game but you never know what the server is going to be like...meter is all over the place....it can definitely get annoying.
It seems like sports game companies (for basketball games at least) care for this game from Late July to September (before release) to Late November (a few fixes and updates). From December to Late July they are happy with their $$$
Old 02-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #660
Pro

Need some reference.
I'm a 2k Guy (10-18) but played Live or what the name was a very long time ago.

I'm considering a switch from 2k ,i hate that money grabbing game.
Is it worth it?
Game play Vs 2k
Career mode vs 2k (Mycareer vs One)

And there's no "myleague" in this one right?
Since the game is €/$10 on Xbox store I'm probably gonna get
Help appreciated

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 02-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #661
Banned

I think The One is a ton better than the MyCareer. It's one of my favorite game modes in my history of sports gaming. There are so many modes within the mode, it never gets boring.

Gameplay is simpler, and no where near as deep as 2K. for me, that was part oath attraction. I had long since stopped playing a ton of 2K basketball because I found the gameplay to be too stiff and complicated. For bitterer worse, in live I just play and it feels smooth and natural. But the game creates the animations based on context, where in 2K it requires you to trigger the right animation to make the shot.

The NBA side is weak as hell. If you are going to play NBA games, I think you will be very disappointed, as the production is nowhere near as good, and EA just doesn't to invest in getting lineups and rotations right, and, overall, it lacks any depth.

The One side is the playground side, and it is an absolute blast. you have The Street and The League to play through to develop your player. Then Live Run lets you play 3v3 or 5v5.

Court Battles is a totally odd mode that is more fun than it should be be. You customize your court. you creat two teams. One that you play with, which has your player and four other players you acquire from a roster of available layers, to play other teams on their court. The other team is the one that defends your court, but you don't play. you just set the five players, and they defend your court as an AI team.

But to make it interesting, you can set rues for your court. There are dozens of variations. the one I am using now sets Dunks=4, Layups=3, Jumpers=2, and Threes=1. You can also set a condition, of which I chose teams are required to play to SFs. Then I set my gameplay to Feed the Bigs. but you can run it the opposition, privileging threes and making dunks worth one point. Then you would want to different gameplay.

When you challenge a court, you read the rules, and the assemble your team bed on there set. So you are changing styles of play and rosters all the time. Games can be played to 21, or 3 minute halves. Some rule sets add a point bank, so that every missed shot adds to the bank, so the next made shot gets the points and the bank. I played on yesterday that was half court, make it take it, and required you to win by seven.

Then you have Live events, where you can play solo or on a team and take on an AI team in a specific event. The challenges and requires are constantly being changed.

If you want to delve into that side of the game, it's awesome. The NBA side, not so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #662
Pro

Thanks JayhawkSTL
It's a no brainer for $10,I'll deffo DL later.
I leaned in more tw franchise on 2k (18) like you said Mycareer is horrible,without purchasing VC ,I think you need to play 250-400 to get over 85 ovr.
Thanks for the answer buddy,if you see my gamertag online ,feel free to add me

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 03-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #663
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Good video summing up the post game issues..

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/com...reddit-android
Old 03-10-2019, 01:32 AM   #664
MVP

OVR: 6

downloaded from ea access and really surprised how good of a game this is!

If you just want to play basketball like the old ps1/ps2 NBA live's it feels like that.

I really enjoyed THE ONE intro and setup.

I am tired of 2K although I know it's a better game than Live but I have'nt bought 2k this year and I think Live is enough for my NBA fix.

Too bad this game gets trashed and is overlooked (even by me). This is one plus about having EA Access since I would have probably never tried this game if I had to spend $$ for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »