Home

Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #713
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

Yes, agreed, Pro is great. Tweaked the cpu sliders a bit to make the cpu even more aggressive for more challenge...awesome.

My problem is that the only time I can play is late at night, and by then I am really tired.

So it happened again last night. Was playing with the Pistons vs the Celtics last night. Kyrie was amazing and unstoppable in the first half, just out of this world. So by halftime I'm down 50-47, and ready to start the 3rd quarter.

A minute or two in, Celtics are still up...and then it happend! I fell asleep for a while. I wake up and they're up 74-52...I play another minute, fall asleep again...and then every time I get called for 5 or 8 second violation I wake up for a bit, play another possession and off to sleep again...

Managed to pull myself together and played the last few minutes of the game. Lost about 126-83. Believe it or not, this scenario happens several times a week...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 05-15-2019, 10:31 PM   #714
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Yes, agreed, Pro is great. Tweaked the cpu sliders a bit to make the cpu even more aggressive for more challenge...awesome.

My problem is that the only time I can play is late at night, and by then I am really tired.

So it happened again last night. Was playing with the Pistons vs the Celtics last night. Kyrie was amazing and unstoppable in the first half, just out of this world. So by halftime I'm down 50-47, and ready to start the 3rd quarter.

A minute or two in, Celtics are still up...and then it happend! I fell asleep for a while. I wake up and they're up 74-52...I play another minute, fall asleep again...and then every time I get called for 5 or 8 second violation I wake up for a bit, play another possession and off to sleep again...

Managed to pull myself together and played the last few minutes of the game. Lost about 126-83. Believe it or not, this scenario happens several times a week...
LOL. Awesome. I've been there before as well. Glad I'm not the only one.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 05-15-2019, 10:34 PM   #715
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Pro plays a MUCH more realistic and free flowing game than All Star or Superstar. Much less cheese going on, and it feels like they play to their teams strong suits moreso.
Pro with sliders is so legit. I'm going to start a Mavs franchise again once free agency gets rolling. Going to do shortened season and see if I can take the squad to the tournament.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2019, 01:11 AM   #716
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Pro plays a MUCH more realistic and free flowing game than All Star or Superstar. Much less cheese going on, and it feels like they play to their teams strong suits moreso.
You play default or sliders on pro?

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden19- 85 Falcons year 1
FIFA 19 - NewCastle year 2
Show 19 - Braves year 1
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
RLL4 - Sydney Roosters
RC3 - Highlanders/USA
Old 05-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #717
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
You play default or sliders on pro?

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden19- 85 Falcons year 1
FIFA 19 - NewCastle year 2
Show 19 - Braves year 1
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
RLL4 - Sydney Roosters
RC3 - Highlanders/USA
As little as I get to play, just default. I just sit back and run plays, and don't "force" my action, so it stays competitive.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #718
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

I’ve been enjoying this game more and more. I might be in the minority, but I like the overall fee of the game. I prefer the player models, sound, animations for the most part, and the momentum swings.

Add more depth to the franchise mode, allow camera editing etc, more accessories, clean up and add some animations, and this will be the only bball game i purchase in the fall. This is the longest I’ve played a Live title after purchase since 2005 ( 2010 and 2004 are close)
Old 05-17-2019, 09:16 PM   #719
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Really really like the graphics. The game looks amazing, in my opinion. Frostbite or not, when EA want, they create amazing graphics with very nice little details.

It's hard to believe that Live 14 was actually part of this series on current gen, when it comes to graphics. But I've been loving the graphics ever since Live 15, they really made a huge progress.

Decided to play some football and got a cheap copy of Madden 17 (not really a hardcore football gamer, just wanted an NFL game with nice grahics and decent gameplay). I've been watching lots gameplay videos and M17 looks great visually, can't believe some people think the graphics are bad.

ZX Spectrum

Last edited by youvalss; 05-17-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #720
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

What a game I had last night!!! Finally started a franchise with the Pistons. 1st game of the season, at home vs the Nets.

1st quarter I move the ball, dominate with Griffin and we're up 30-23. Suddenly Nets go on a run, fire 3's with nice ball movement...and at the end of the first they're up 31-30.

2nd quarter they move the ball well, keep making threes, Russell, Dinwiddie and Crabbe score from all over the place. At the end of the 2nd they're up something like 63-55.

3rd quarter more of the same. They move the ball extremely well and their off ball movement is fantastic, so they keep making 3's and midrange and going to the basket when I slack. Griffin still dominates along with Jackson to keep us in the game.

4th quarter I manage to tie the score bit by bit, then several lead changes. 2 minutes to the end, right before shot clock expires, Russell crosses me (Jackson) over and goes for the step back midrange. Somehow I manage to stay colse to him and even somewhat contest the shot. For a split second I'm confident he's not making the shot. I was wrong...nothing but net with the shot clock buzzer. I was upset, but not giving up.

I manage to take the lead back, but make mistakes and didn't foul them quick enough...then they go to the line to make 1 of 2...and they're up 1 with 2 seconds to go. I inbound the ball to Griffin from the midrange, but they manage to contest the shot and my shot meter suddenly shows very little yellow and I miss the shot. Nets win 111-110.

Both teames shot at 43%. Nets shot 14-30 from 3 (I have cpu 3 slider at 60, otherwise I find them missing too nany open 3's). Pistons shot 4-25 from 3 (thanks Kennard, Ellington and Brown for ruining my game). Russell finished with about 24 pts but on 8-24...managed to defend him, but he was still making 3's and the clutch shots. Both Crabbe and Dinwiddie had a good game with double figures.

Griffin finished with 30, 12 rbs and 2 blocks (one if them he blocked a layup high above the rim, his head almost at rim level). Jackson finished with 23 and 13 assists. Drummond with about 15 (Nets bigs were very physical with him and contested most his shots), 12 rbs and 6(!) blocks.

It was a very fun game, although we lost.

ZX Spectrum

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »