Home

NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach

This is a discussion on NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2019, 02:51 AM   #73
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Get outta here.

In 2k, you can stand there dribbling and do nothing, the defender can press the button to reach for the ball, they can touch the ball only, and be called for a reach.

In 2k, you can be rewarded for good defense, which is actually NOT sim. If you watch the NBA, many times good defense is played and it still goes in. Someone like Harden can go into iso, put a dribble move on, and get JUST ENOUGH space to get a shot, but be heavily contested, and it can still go in.

Sometimes open shots are missed, etc.

I know this is the case for 2k too... But I've seen people miss several layups in online play, based on rating, they don't all go in, it is definitely chance.

Live used to have them all go in, now they only MOSTLY go in if you have a really good rating.

You are entitled to believe Live gameplay is less sim. But I would challenge you and agree that the reason why people believe it is less sim is because there isn't any depth with coaching options or other things. Also, with such limited editing options and other gameplay modes people can feel the gameplay is lesser simply based on that too.
Yeah you are right and if you adjust the sliders in Live, you can turn it into a sim, seems like that guy is playing with default sliders and playing on low difficulty level, commenting on that...
Old 08-03-2019, 03:07 AM   #74

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel like we're going to get a digital release with online-only gameplay. That's my prediction. No franchise or offline anything.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:41 AM   #75
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

They focused entirely too much on the street thing compared to the actual NBA stuff.

If they make the game 20-30 dollars and just sell that mode, they would do pretty well. They do a good job of bringing content, celebrities and etc in those events.

Their NBA side though has been bad. People would be willing to excuse the not great gameplay if they worked on the modes but they didn't. Franchise Mode is not good, no allstar weekend, The One was pretty much copied and pasted from last year. I liked their non stories but they could change it a little and they didn't.

It just felt like they only cared about the online street mode.

There is no reason for people to pay $60 for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2019, 03:48 AM   #76
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
They focused entirely too much on the street thing compared to the actual NBA stuff.

If they make the game 20-30 dollars and just sell that mode, they would do pretty well. They do a good job of bringing content, celebrities and etc in those events.

Their NBA side though has been bad. People would be willing to excuse the not great gameplay if they worked on the modes but they didn't. Franchise Mode is not good, no allstar weekend, The One was pretty much copied and pasted from last year. I liked their non stories but they could change it a little and they didn't.

It just felt like they only cared about the online street mode.

There is no reason for people to pay $60 for that.
"They focused entirely too much on the street thing compared to the actual NBA stuff. " Isn't it the same for 2K too ? What do you think?
Old 08-03-2019, 04:01 AM   #77
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

My prediction:

- Free2Play
- Only THE ONE - no NBA
- Delay because of legal issues with the NBA and 2K Sports
Old 08-03-2019, 04:31 PM   #78
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

I am really bummed about this. I may have to reconsider my 2k boycott. Either that or dig out my original Xbox and fire up Inside Drive 2004 or something.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:43 PM   #79
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
My prediction:

- Free2Play
- Only THE ONE - no NBA
- Delay because of legal issues with the NBA and 2K Sports
Guaranteed no buy from me if that prediction comes to be.

I buy basketball games because of the NBA, otherwise I’d just go outside and play basketball.

From what I gather from people is they have had little to no focus on the NBA side of their game for years which is what people want and it’s in the title of their game. They drop that from their game they’re done. Which I think they’re just delaying the inevitable update of it’s cancelled
Old 08-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #80
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
"They focused entirely too much on the street thing compared to the actual NBA stuff. " Isn't it the same for 2K too ? What do you think?
The issue is that 2K has had a foundation for years and years now, Live can't afford to not build on their modes when they're bare bones as it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »