Home

Official Spurs Thread

This is a discussion on Official Spurs Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2004, 02:29 PM   #1
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19
Official Spurs Thread

I am wondering why there are no Spurs threads? Is it because there are no fans of the spurs here?

I am not a real fan of the spurs, but they have been one of my favorite since I really started watching the nba in the mid 90's.

Let's talk about the spurs!

What's up with brent barry, why isn't he producing? I expected him to play a lot of minutes and score a little over 10 ppg, but he's bearly done anything. Beno Udrih is playing more than him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
Drive for 5

Lonestar210's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Official Spurs Thread

I never even come to this forums, but I live in San Antonio and I am a big Spurs fan.
Barry, I'm not worried about him, he is a proven guy who can shoot and create shots.
Udrih looks better than Tony Parker in Tony's rookie year, watch this guy in the future.

Devin Brown is amazing, what a story. All-time leading scorer in basketball in San Antonio High School history. All-time leading scorer at UTSA (University of Texas at San Antonio), Now he gets a prominent role on his hometown team.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #3
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

I wonder if Devin Brown will become an all-time spurs scorer? lol

I seriously think Barry needs more playing time, he's almost deserving of a starting role.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:49 PM   #4
Drive for 5

Lonestar210's Arena

I like Barry coming off the bench, the reason hes not starting is because Ginobili has proven himself as a scorer and Bowen is one of the top defenders. Bowen is used to guard people like Kobe, Lebron, Carmelo so Bowen can try to contain them.

Barry is supposed the Ginobili of last year, Barry is supposed provide that much needed spark off the bench but unlike Ginobili, Barry can shoot better and pass just as good. Devin Brown will be an all time leading spurs scorer is if snows in San Antonio.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:43 PM   #5
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornsin2003
I like Barry coming off the bench, the reason hes not starting is because Ginobili has proven himself as a scorer and Bowen is one of the top defenders. Bowen is used to guard people like Kobe, Lebron, Carmelo so Bowen can try to contain them.

Barry is supposed the Ginobili of last year, Barry is supposed provide that much needed spark off the bench but unlike Ginobili, Barry can shoot better and pass just as good. Devin Brown will be an all time leading spurs scorer is if snows in San Antonio.
but whenever I see spurs play, I don't see barry in the normal rotation. Instead of Udrih and Devin Brown. Those two players are pretty consistent, but Barry has the starter touch and I think he deserves to play way more min then both of those two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2004, 11:46 PM   #6
Rookie

tyronebiggums35's Arena

OVR: 5

Did anyone see the game tonight?The spurs played absolutely great defense.

The final score was

San Antonio Spurs(23-6)115 VS Phoenix Suns(24-4)94

What a blowout!
Old 12-29-2004, 02:14 AM   #7
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronebiggums35
Did anyone see the game tonight?The spurs played absolutely great defense.

The final score was

San Antonio Spurs(23-6)115 VS Phoenix Suns(24-4)94

What a blowout!
I can't believe the spurs destroyed the number 1 team record-wise. WOW!

I didn't catch the game, but in the 1st quarter I saw that the score was close, then I went out and at a pizza shop they had the bulls game going so I saw the score for the spurs game and it was something like 93-69 spurs...and I was surprised! lol
Old 12-29-2004, 04:57 AM   #8
Rookie

gez20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523
but whenever I see spurs play, I don't see barry in the normal rotation. Instead of Udrih and Devin Brown. Those two players are pretty consistent, but Barry has the starter touch and I think he deserves to play way more min then both of those two.
I think Pop doesn't play him because he is in a slump right now and his defense isn't as good as Brown's right now. Once he catches a rythm and learns the system more I think we'll see a lot more of Brent Barry.

Re: the Pheonix game...

I figured the Spurs would lose to the Suns. They seem to have had trouble with small, running teams (see: Seattle, Orlando) this year. I didn't see this game but I guess they must have made the proper adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »