Home

Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

This is a discussion on Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #73
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Last edited by cam21224; 04-30-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #74
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

I know we taking our time with a coach but
Old 06-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #75
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
I know we taking our time with a coach but
At this point the only coach left will be Byron Scott. Maybe that was their plan all along to have everyone else sign coaching gigs elsewhere and then have to settle for Scott(who they wanted all along).

I still have hopes Lionel Hollins somehow gets the job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #76
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

I don't know about you guys but for the first time in a decade, I'm excited for summer league. Even if Randle does have the foot surgery done(I'm hoping he does if it will fully fix his injury), we still get to see how Clarkson, Ross & Kane look out there. I expect Clarkson to make the squad but Ross and Kane may be able to make it as well since we literally have no-one on the roster at this point.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #77
MVP

cam21224's Arena

I definitely want Lionel as our coach now that we have Randle, I really don't want Scott as our coach at all.

Off-season Goals

* Re-sign Pau to a reasonable deal if not let him walk.

* Trade Nash - doubt that will happen due to lack of suitors

* Make a run at a couple free agents

* Randle to work on that jump shot & some more post moves, that barreling into defenders won't work much at this level
Old 06-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #78
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

At first I wanted Pau gone in a sign & trade so we could at least get something back for him(an expiring deal that would in essence create cap space for next summer) but now I feel we need him with Randle because he has the ability to play in the high post as well. Randle will not be the low post scorer Pau is but he will be a banger for us and get fouled a lot(which indirectly leads to more free throws for everyone). So I agree we should bring him back if his asking price isn't past the $10 mil range.

As for Nash I say we just keep him for this last year and take the cap space next summer when his deal expires.

In terms of FA which ones does everyone think we should make a run at? A lot of the players LA is said to be targeting will be expensive & I don't see anybody I would want to commit long term big money to with the exception of Monroe.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #79
MVP

cam21224's Arena

Outside of Monroe don't really see a fit for anybody else, Lowry is one that I would want but looks as if he'll end up back in Toronto or possibly with Miami.

Not even going to think about Melo or LeBron seems they'll both stay put with their current teams IMO.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #80
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

I just want no part of giving Ariza, Deng, Lowry or insert any other close to 30 or over 30 FA anywhere close to 9 or 10 mil a year.

Give Gasol 10 mil for 2 years(we can offer more than what any other team wanting him can). Resign Young(no more than $4 mil), Hill(same as young), Meeks, Henry & Johnson all to 2 year deals. IS that a contending team for next year? Nope, but it will be a hell of a lot better and should make the playoffs if the young players (Marshall, Meeks, Johnson, Henry before he got hurt) continue to improve. I don't know what other big man will be available but we can find one on a minimum deal after we get the meat of our roster in order first(sort of like our coaching search).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »