Home

Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

This is a discussion on Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #41
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Rumors swirling around that we might pick up Shannon again. I don't see much difference between him and Meeks other than athleticism. I want us to get Kendall Marshall if it's true the Wiz are cutting him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #42
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Who would we cut to pick him up though. We already have 3 PG's(even though I think Nash breaks down by the end of December). Henry or Harris?

I would like to pick him up the stash him in the league to see if he can develop there.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #43
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
Who would we cut to pick him up though. We already have 3 PG's(even though I think Nash breaks down by the end of December). Henry or Harris?

I would like to pick him up the stash him in the league to see if he can develop there.
Develop who Harris?
Old 10-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #44
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

Marshall is who I was referring to trying to develop.

Henry is already who he's going to be as a pro. Someone who can get to the rim & finish. Harris really didn't show anything special during the summer so I see him as just a cheap roster spot.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #45
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

If Nash is seriously thinking about retiring
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #46
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...angeles-lakers
Old 11-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #47
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

I don't get what's so bad about the deal. What other options did we have? Lebron was never coming and neither was Melo. So who were were going to spend the money on?

Jimmy Buss & Mitch essentially gave Kobe small peanuts compared to what they Lakers are going to make during his farewell tour. It also sends a message to other players that we take care of our own. Don't think future wont see this and not notice how even a declining Kobe was taken care of by the Lakers. Yeah, we won't be winning any titles during that window but who honestly believed we would? Having Kobe keeps us on TV(remember the first couple years after Shaq left and how we were barely on TV), sells A LOT of jerseys and sells out a overpriced arena.

Now just keep in mind I have fully resigned to the fact that we could not fully start to rebuild and compete again until after Kobe left and we basically hit reset on the franchise. This gives us the timetable with the rest button attached to it.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #48
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

We never rebuild we re load. Now I do agree we did have a lot of money since we won't get Melo etc. Spending like that was the wrong move but sent the right message. It was a bad move because we should've at least constructed a team and seen then if Kobe wanted to take a pay cut.

Upper management said **** it and gave him the deal. Yes he technically did take a pay cut coming from 30 million to 23 million.Was just hoping it maybe a little bit cheaper.Somewhere along the line of 2 yr/25-30 mill? That would've been great honestly.Some players looking to team up might be scared off a little bit I don't know will see.

Now of course the novice ESPN fanboys will say this cap strap us from getting stars.As I stated earlier doubt this season wasn't the season for a big FA splash anyway. Look at all the bandwagon fans stating we would get Paul George or John Wall .Those 2 where RFA and so is a lot of the young players in this FA.

I said and I'll say it again 2015 is a tad bit more realistic than 2014 FA class. Now on the brighter side the deal does show future players that we take care of our own. I think it was more so a statement contract than anything. So will wait and see what happens right now let's just get threw this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »