Home

The 2016 New York Knicks: Now that we're done tanking...

This is a discussion on The 2016 New York Knicks: Now that we're done tanking... within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #913
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The 2016 New York Knicks: Now that we're done tanking...

I'm not liking this about D-Rose. Even if he didn't rape her, his comments are extremely crappy. It makes me sick.

https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-ro...5e2#.ad3z6zj67
Old 09-02-2016, 08:01 AM   #914
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Theres a reason I've been looking past this year and talking so much about Russ and the future man. I don't know what's going to happen with this. I don't care how talented he is or comes back and performs this season, I've just seen a pattern of obnoxiously stupid decisions going back to cheating on the SAT for this dude. Not that the test in itself is some great crime, just that it shows, IMO, a mentality. And he keeps showing this mentality every time he opens his mouth. It's ****ing infuriating. Has this guy never had a media coach? Did his lawyers not prepare him for the testimony he was going to give, coaching him around making the most asinine and damaging comments to his case possible?

I was reading on Reddit that growing up in Chicago he just had a really rough upbringing and his brother always looked out for him, to the point where to this day he doesn't know anything except for basketball and has other people do everything for him. Apparently his brother was courtside at the UC yelling out plays and telling him what to do. I just read stuff like this and I pray that KP takes the next step and becomes a superstar to the point where CP3 can save me from this now that Russ is off the table.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 09-02-2016, 08:14 AM   #915
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

That article is disturbing. Between that and listening to his first few pressers/media appearances in NY have been kinda scary. He is certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #916
MVP

OVR: 6

Well one good thing is that it is a one year deal and we can let him walk. I am still not sure if his body can hold up past 60 games

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2016, 08:01 AM   #917
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

Last edition of the PJ Chronicles, on hiring Hornacek:

http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-e...ring-hornacek/

Mostly just talks about his playing career and how things he's seen from him coming all the way up have been impressive. Sees him as a teacher, someone with no ego who knows he's had a lot of success.

Quote:
It was Kurt Rambis who first suggested Jeff. They had played together in Phoenix for several seasons so Kurt had a good read on Jeff. The Suns’ coach was Cotton Fitzsimmons who had been an assistant at Kansas State under Tex Winter. So Cotton knew the triangle, ran pieces of it and believed in system basketball. It was there that Jeff teamed up with Kevin Johnson in a two-guard offense, which is how the triangle is formatted.
Quote:
The first time we met was in Los Angeles and spoke for about six hours. We diagrammed plays and discussed various offenses and defenses. I liked the way he saw the whole game and how every part was interrelated. Jeff also said that he believes in visualization, that a shooter should visualize the ball going through the hoop every time he shoots.
Quote:
In sum, I like our relationship. As far as his own game plan, all I did was to give Jeff the basic format that I like and he was enthusiastic about using it. But I understand that he has to coach what he knows how to coach. His plans for fastbreaks, early offense, build-up drills and the like are up to him.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #918
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

More Derrick Rose details:

http://deadspin.com/lawyer-derrick-r...t-m-1786681789

He said he doesn't know what "consent" is.

It's not good.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #919
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

I've probably been following this too closely and reading any and everything I can find on it, but that doesn't mean much to me. He's not a very smart guy, his lack of knowing a word isn't that surprising. It's almost just semantics, they did that to trick him and make him sound worse than he is. On paper, that quote can be used to imply that he is some monster who's never come across a consenting woman, where in reality he's probably just a nub.

Either way, shout out to flair on Reddit. There's a lengthy primer posted on /r/nyknicks and it's just a game of dodgeball trying to avoid all the D Rose fans who seem to have all the facts. I didn't know what to expect when this guy got here, but I can already tell it's going to be quite the year.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #920
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

Someone give me a good explanation as to why we signed Lou Amundson again? Everything I can find basically is a shoulder shrug or a "you know how Phil does" and then just leaves it at that.

We have 2 point guards, Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings. Phil is really going into the season without a 3rd option, given the pretty likely scenario one of them goes down for a little while? Pray for us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »