Home

Bigger game killer?

This is a discussion on Bigger game killer? within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2004, 05:58 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Bigger game killer?

Not being able to change every players name or bad on court gameplay? What if March Madness plays a great game of basketball while ESPN's plays just so-so but you can edit all the players, which one do you buy? Don't give me this I want both crap, because you may not be able to have both this year. Pick one, not grey area BS here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Bigger game killer?

Bad on-court game play is by far the bigger killer, but after playing both MM and CH, neither has bad on-court game play. They play differently, but each is fun in it's own right. I'm glad i've got 2 kick-*** college hoops games. Now if I could only find time for them both...

The thing about the lack of being able to enter player names is that it becomes a moot point after playing four seasons in Dynasty mode. So while it is a big mistake on EA's part and I understand why it's a game killer for some folks, it's not for me.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 11-19-2004, 06:12 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Bad on-court game play is by far the bigger killer, but after playing both MM and CH, neither has bad on-court game play. They play differently, but each is fun in it's own right. I'm glad i've got 2 kick-*** college hoops games. Now if I could only find time for them both...

The thing about the lack of being able to enter player names is that it becomes a moot point after playing four seasons in Dynasty mode. So while it is a big mistake on EA's part and I understand why it's a game killer for some folks, it's not for me.
Thank you for being a voice of reason.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:15 PM   #4
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree with Quint and I have played neither game. From playing both in the past and reading tons of opinions on both titles at this and various forums it seems both games do some things really well gameplay wise.

I am really hurt that MM has this bug, or what have you, in it, because it was the game I am most familiar with and have liked in the past.

Maybe change can be good.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, well, good thing I read this first because I haven't opened MM 2005, and now I plan on returning it. May have to settle with keeping my old MM 2004, at least it'll have all real names on it, even if it is a year out of date. =/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2004, 03:05 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lansdowne
Yeah, well, good thing I read this first because I haven't opened MM 2005, and now I plan on returning it. May have to settle with keeping my old MM 2004, at least it'll have all real names on it, even if it is a year out of date. =/
So you are one of the ones that would rather have the inferior game as long as it has the names? I just don't understand that.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:11 AM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
So you are one of the ones that would rather have the inferior game as long as it has the names? I just don't understand that.
I don't know how you can call espn inferior but I guess each person has their own tastes......

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-20-2004, 12:56 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Have you played CH2K5?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »