Home

March Madness 06 Impressions

This is a discussion on March Madness 06 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2005, 02:04 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: March Madness 06 Impressions

o yeh a important question i was meaning to ask, are the players able to make most of there midrange jumpers? or do they miss occasionally cuz on live 06 if u go for a midrange j its basically automatic especially wit the superstars, which makes it hard to have good games online and makes it easy to blow out the computer in single player
Old 10-13-2005, 02:10 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenLivER
o yeh a important question i was meaning to ask, are the players able to make most of there midrange jumpers? or do they miss occasionally cuz on live 06 if u go for a midrange j its basically automatic especially wit the superstars, which makes it hard to have good games online and makes it easy to blow out the computer in single player
I haven't had any alarming success shooting mid range or further with anybody yet. Even the AI controlled Redick was missing shots when I was playing against Duke in several games.

I just fouled a guy out on purpose. Nothing special happens cut scene wise, and was the case in the '03 or '04 version(s). It was fun checking though, cause I used the hard foul button several times.

Someone mentioned there are some over the top dunk animations. I have seen one or two myself. I will say this. I thought the dunk animations last year weren't very good at all, and that they had been getting worse over time for some reason. I think they reversed course on that this year and cleaned many of them up.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:13 AM   #75
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

The dribble handoff thing is something that Syracuse uses all the time with Gerry McNamarra. Very nice feature.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 06:19 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

maybe im way over my head here asking, but could someone post New mexioc's rosters, whether just numbers, pos, yr, height, or take a screenshot, or even just number and race....

this could potenitially save me 6 dollars, from rental fees.

Thanks guys
Old 10-13-2005, 07:49 AM   #77
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

i like the game, college basketball is probably my favorite sport, but there are some things that bother me...

-the dribbling seems to slow, crossovers, etc.

-75% of dunks underneath look like a 'shaq' dunk, and then they slap the backboard with both hands (never seen this in a real college game, especially from a pg)

-there's a 'pised off up in your face' animation after almost every foul...that is not college basketball

-it was there last year but i still hate the 'ultimate spiderman' player models, way too arcady and cartoonish. this series needs to get more realistic for the next generation of systems (ultimate spiderman link below)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=operasport-20

-still not sold on the lockdown stick.

last year it seemed the MM team focused on the unis, this year its on the floors. at least if my two small schools are to be an example, the floors are close to perfect. the physics/player movements are more realistic, which hopefully is a small taste of more to come for the xbox360/ps3, but overall not alot different from last year. if you're a huge college basketball fan like myself, there never is an option as to whether you're picking up the game or not. but if you can wait for a potenial 360 or ps3 release, i guarentee that's where most of the attention for the development team was focused this year (thus the reduced price).
Old 10-13-2005, 09:05 AM   #78
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

As a College Hoops 2k5 fan. I broke down and bought this game. I did not like last years game at all.

My first game I played 10 min halves and I played Kentucky vs Iona. I know cupcake, but I just wanted to get a feel for the game. I played on Varsity but not by choice. At first I went into the opening menu and messed with some of the settings. There was not a option to set the difficulty or the min halves. You have to do this in the options menu in the team selection screen. I did not know that at the time so I just went into the game.

- They have the keys to the game opening like last years.

- I was trying to find a good camera angle to play with so I settled for press with some zoom from the default.

- I noticed a lot of steals in the begining of the game with the Kentucky but they were playing Iona. I still need practice with the lockdown stick because the computer players were getting most of the steals not me. I liked how they adjusted in the 2nd half because I was able to get 9 turnovers in the first half but only 4 in the second.

- The game play stills feels like ice skating but not as bad as last year. I guess I am use to the tight feel from College Hoops. It is tighten up from last year like someone previously mentioned.

- I kept doing that alleyoop move becuase icon passing is the opposite button as it is in College Hoops.

- The FG% at the end of the game looked good. 39% for Iona and 44% for Kentucky that won 79-62.

- For me the game speed was fast at the default 50 so I lowered it to 40 and it felt a little better. I also do not like the fact that there is no Auto-Sub feature. Overall the feel of the game was not bad, the atmosphere was awesome but it still feels to arcady. Maybe some slider adjustments (Playmakers) might help.

I still need to play more to get a better feel for my final decision. This could be a keeper for me once 2k6 comes out.

One last thing somebody ask - Mid range shots were not automatic like last years, although being open will help, they still miss.

Racerx
Old 10-13-2005, 09:11 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

^hey, as with nbalive, subs are dealt with via the substustion frequency via sliders... so it may be located there.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #80
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Can you edit all the player names in this year's game?

Does the game run in 720p, like NBA Live 06 does??

Thanks for the impressions guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »