Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #49
Rookie

jnelson32's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Patch (PS3) already available 5:10AM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
So in otherwords, the tourneys are only in if you are using a team that's playing in one of them, and it's only that specific tournament included in the dynasty? So how are they filling the schedule spots for the teams playing in other tournaments?
Correct, it's only the specified tourney for the team you're using. It looks like they include the 1st game of the tournament, i.e. ND/IU, for non-user teams and that's it. I noticed some teams with only 5-6 non-conference games due to this. What a bummer.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #50
Rookie

jnelson32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I don't really mean to rile everyone up here, but why is there so much complaining about trivial matters that don't effect the gameplay?

I'm sure there will be some small deviations from authentic schedules due to liscensing issues, and I am sure there may be some quirks in recruiting logic- are these really game killing issues?

Sorry again, but it just seems that people do nothing but complain on these forums about the smallest of things.
To each his/her own. I just think that tournaments that EA has licenses for should be in dynasty mode whether the team you're playing as is in the tournament or not. I really do enjoy the game and my Gophers schedule isn't effected by this, but it's an issue I think EA should know about.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #51
Pro

jaygg1's Arena

OVR: 5

As a 360 guy, I must say I am way jealous! Hopefully we get our patch soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #52
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson32
To each his/her own. I just think that tournaments that EA has licenses for should be in dynasty mode whether the team you're playing as is in the tournament or not. I really do enjoy the game and my Gophers schedule isn't effected by this, but it's an issue I think EA should know about.
i think in season 2 you can join what ever tourney you want. the first year is ment to be authentic
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 11-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #53
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah I think you'll get invited to one of the preseason tournaments each year after Year 1.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #54
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson32
Correct, it's only the specified tourney for the team you're using. It looks like they include the 1st game of the tournament, i.e. ND/IU, for non-user teams and that's it. I noticed some teams with only 5-6 non-conference games due to this. What a bummer.
Well that sucks then. So where the tournaments like this before the authentic schedule patch and can you customize schedules for your first season?

Last edited by crques; 11-26-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #55
Rookie

jnelson32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yeah I think you'll get invited to one of the preseason tournaments each year after Year 1.
I'm really not concerned by getting invited, I just find it odd that the other teams don't play out the tournaments.

Nice job with the roster, btw. You guys did great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #56
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Can't describe it, but I'm not feeling the game play as much post-patch. Maybe it's the new initial game feel wearing off, but it seems to play tighter and more rigid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »