Home

Worth buying or rental?

This is a discussion on Worth buying or rental? within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: Worth buying or rental?

alright i cant even get my hands on a used copy because no stores in my vicintiy carry one. Looks like ill be picking up NHL 09. Be A Pro looks sick however i never play hockey games.
PSN: alexsportsguy (lame but whatever)

Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #18
Rookie

Jason2112's Arena

OVR: 19

Dude hockey's the worst competitive sport ever invented. Can't see the ball, I mean puck or whatever. Oops, I didn't just say that. Wait, maybe I can say that in the NCAA Basketball forum. Anyways, buy this game if you are INTO college hoops. Otherwise, rent it. If you are not willing to devote a lot of time to this game then don't buy it because it's pretty good, but not something that's gonna suck in a non-college hoops fan.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex96
alright i cant even get my hands on a used copy because no stores in my vicintiy carry one. Looks like ill be picking up NHL 09. Be A Pro looks sick however i never play hockey games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason2112
Dude hockey's the worst competitive sport ever invented. Can't see the ball, I mean puck or whatever. Oops, I didn't just say that. Wait, maybe I can say that in the NCAA Basketball forum. Anyways, buy this game if you are INTO college hoops. Otherwise, rent it. If you are not willing to devote a lot of time to this game then don't buy it because it's pretty good, but not something that's gonna suck in a non-college hoops fan.
yeah i might consider buying it but it just doesnt appeal to me. I know that nhl 09 isnt really competitive but i just like checking people, fighting guys, and plus it one 7 sports awards or something. Also including that NHL 09 has one of the best secondary game modes Be A Pro. And actually most people can spot the PUCK! But anyway i'm not into college hoops 2k8 much anymore. If the final roster checks are made into choops ill start playing and enjoying.

Happy New Year everybody!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 10

I think that for you to really enjoy this game, you will have to be a die-hard College Basketball fan. All the people that have said that they didn't like it said that they were not really into College Hoops. On the other hand, if your looking for a game to just pick up and play, then I would suggest that you rent. I just don't see people who are not HUGE College Basketball fans buying this game, but that's just me.

Go Spartans!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles1291
I think that for you to really enjoy this game, you will have to be a die-hard College Basketball fan. All the people that have said that they didn't like it said that they were not really into College Hoops. On the other hand, if your looking for a game to just pick up and play, then I would suggest that you rent. I just don't see people who are not HUGE College Basketball fans buying this game, but that's just me.
yeah but im officially done with rentals because they never have games that i want. Also im not really a die hard fan, i just enjoy college basketball and coll bask games.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #23
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex96
yeah but im officially done with rentals because they never have games that i want. Also im not really a die hard fan, i just enjoy college basketball and coll bask games.
Glad your enjoying this..it doesn't get enough credit for what it does right!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #24
Pro

Behindshadows,
what do you mean? i didnt get ncaa b-ball 09. are you talking about nhl 09? anyway im gonna have to way until i get a video game cause freakin school is starting up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »