Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Video: Duke vs. North Carolina Gameplay

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Video: Duke vs. North Carolina Gameplay within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 01:40 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Video: Duke vs. North Carolina Gameplay

Maybe it's just me but the gameplay is looking weaker every time i see a new video.............

At one point this game looked like a day 1 purchase for me. Now it's slowly fading away and becoming a pass just like MM 09.

I don't know how anyone can look at that gameplay and be excited. Sure the presentaion looks good but the gameplay is way to goofy and clumsy looking. I mean seriously they had 1 year to improve the gameplay and yet this game looks no different than something from MM08 and MM09.

EA do yourself a favor and lower the price tag on this game down like $40 at the most. The only people that could possibly make this a must purchase are college b-ball fans that absolutely need a college game this year.

They still have C's and PF's all looking the same in body build just because they are big guys. Hello, have you ever seen PF's like Dirk, Bosh, Duncan or Garnett. Just because they are PF's or C's don't mean they should all be body builders.

In fact i highly doubt you'll see that many guys in College with shoulders like the way we see them in NCAA 10. It's crazy because they make their football players look too skinny yet the basketball players all resemble Ron Artest.

And I sure hope they don't use some weak azzzz ratings system to rate the players for the 3rd straight year. I mean seriously what's the point of Blue Ribbon rating the teams if it doesn't translate over to the actual players.

That shot by Singler is the same shot 1200 guys in this game have pulled of every year it seems. How about some player seperation for once EA.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #58
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
This is what I will be waiting to see if the players all have pretty much the same ability. Also if the rosters are all messed up again like last year. That info will come out instantly and if it is the same as last year, it's a no purchase for me. Too many games come out now that get things right to fool with PATCH NEEDED games out of the box, due to fundamentals being broke that never should make it to the retail version. I won't be suckered again by this college game or any other sports game in the future. Been burnt to many times. Peace!!!
Yep I am holding off on this one till I read the reviews which will say something along these lines: "EA's NCAA Basketball 10 gets it done with gameplay/presentation but falls short with a lack luster dynasty mode" 7.0

Honestly its sad that I am still playing 2k8 because of the options the game has.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 11-03-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #59
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
The problem I have with this game is every player looks, acts and plays like every other player. Watching that dude from Duke do that crazy left handed layup I hope he is rated high in something that allows him to do that. Not too many players can make plays like that in college basketball.

I hope they did something with individual players.
That was probably my main gripe with NCAA 09. There were essentially three types of teams in NCAA 09 and it was based on their team tempo (which was executed very well, even better than Live '10 somehow). There was team definition but absolutely no individual differences. Even playing with Steph Curry I didn't feel like I was knocking down anymore shots than with AJ Price.

Once every team was in the half court you had no idea who the star of the CPU team was. CH2K8 had the shooting tendencies for close/med/3PT/drive which helped but even that wouldn't solve all the issues because it didn't affect how many touches they got.

Hopefully they improved this, it made last year's game get stale pretty damn quickly.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #60
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
That was probably my main gripe with NCAA 09. There were essentially three types of teams in NCAA 09 and it was based on their team tempo (which was executed very well, even better than Live '10 somehow). There was team definition but absolutely no individual differences. Even playing with Steph Curry I didn't feel like I was knocking down anymore shots than with AJ Price.

Once every team was in the half court you had no idea who the star of the CPU team was. CH2K8 had the shooting tendencies for close/med/3PT/drive which helped but even that wouldn't solve all the issues because it didn't affect how many touches they got.

Hopefully they improved this, it made last year's game get stale pretty damn quickly.
That's where playbooks came into play. In CH2K8 playing as Wake the 1st year JJ Hickson never got enough touches vs me. He would always end up with like 8-10 off putbacks. Then I switched their playbook to a custom playbook with a lot of post up sets and his average suddenly went up to 16-20. Coincidentally I started getting much tougher games from State.

2's & 3's used to always kill me in CH2K8 because of the generic playbooks before I made the playbook switches. Hopefully NCAA Bball has something similiar. I would hate to play teams that didn't give their best players the ball.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #61
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I experimented with that but eventually decided to stick with the balanced playbook. If you overload it with post up plays for teams like UNC then Hansbrough would be good but Ellington and Lawson would be really quiet.

For me I just decided to roll with the more perimeter orientated CPU attack.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #62
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I experimented with that but eventually decided to stick with the balanced playbook. If you overload it with post up plays for teams like UNC then Hansbrough would be good but Ellington and Lawson would be really quiet.

For me I just decided to roll with the more perimeter orientated CPU attack.
Yeah. I actually kept UNC at default and our scores were always in the 90s to 100s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »