Home

BL, rosters done by release date?

This is a discussion on BL, rosters done by release date? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
BL, rosters done by release date?

bl, i read in another thread that your rosters will be done on the day of release of the game? is that correct? so u get the game ahead of time before release? if that is so, i am completely stoked and will be planning on sending my memory card to you a few days before release...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: BL, rosters done by release date?

I'm not sure about BL, but I think fairdale kings said that.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

i've also heard about "that other guy" who does ps2 rosters having his on release day
Old 06-24-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

its quite amazing. i guess they get their copies early.

i remember 2 years ago and 3 years ago, we would "wait" 7-10 days afterwards. technology has come along way
Old 06-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #5
87% L*m*ny Fr*sh

blacklover's Arena

OVR: 8

Yes I will try and have them out by retail release day.

At the same time it's a double edged sword. The naming part has to be the most boring, tedious thing there is to do. I much prefer the fine tuning that occurs in the later roster versions. Such as creating all the missing players, getting equipment right, tweaking depth charts, fixing all the players that left their teams or that were not transferred to their new teams, etc. That's the good stuff.

I find it extremly amusing that the first set of rosters also known as version 1 are the ones that people generally give me grief on for inaccuracies. Ummm...of course. Getting the game early usually means Saturday before the Tuesday/Wednesday release. So do the math. 119 teams. 4 days before release day. That's a 30 team a day average to get done by release day. I can do 4-5 an hour. So 7 hours a day. I have a wife and three kids.

Yeah I'll try and have them by release day. Also they will be done when they are done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 11:21 PM   #6
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Sounds good, BL. I can't wait. I know you wish EA would implement the name/match database feature that College Hoops 2k uses. You'd likely have the 1st version done a day or two before release. However, I suppose that wouldn't sit well with the NCAA and their cracking down on name editing.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #7
87% L*m*ny Fr*sh

blacklover's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Sounds good, BL. I can't wait. I know you wish EA would implement the name/match database feature that College Hoops 2k uses. You'd likely have the 1st version done a day or two before release. However, I suppose that wouldn't sit well with the NCAA and their cracking down on name editing.

Yeah that would be great. Even better would be like with the WE series where you can edit the roster save on a PC. Man that makes it so much easier.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #8
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklover
Yes I will try and have them out by retail release day.

At the same time it's a double edged sword. The naming part has to be the most boring, tedious thing there is to do. I much prefer the fine tuning that occurs in the later roster versions. Such as creating all the missing players, getting equipment right, tweaking depth charts, fixing all the players that left their teams or that were not transferred to their new teams, etc. That's the good stuff.

I find it extremly amusing that the first set of rosters also known as version 1 are the ones that people generally give me grief on for inaccuracies. Ummm...of course. Getting the game early usually means Saturday before the Tuesday/Wednesday release. So do the math. 119 teams. 4 days before release day. That's a 30 team a day average to get done by release day. I can do 4-5 an hour. So 7 hours a day. I have a wife and three kids.

Yeah I'll try and have them by release day. Also they will be done when they are done.
We appreciate all your hard work. I know it get tedious for me to just do my favorite college team (WVU) let alone the other 118.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »