Home

The Michigan Roster w/names....

This is a discussion on The Michigan Roster w/names.... within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Michigan Roster w/names....

I think those a lot of ratings need adjusting. How did you confirm all the names are correct?

I plan to redshirt Grady, Manningham and Brandon Harrison for sure on my dynasty. I don't care if the REAL Michigan wouldn't. It's foolish to not redshirt your 4th best back just because he is a 5-star. My only argument for redshirting vs. not redshirting is this. If you arne't going to play them much freshman year anyway, you might as well redshirt them and try to get an extra year out of the deal.

EDIT: A couple of other comments. There are a TON of guys out of position (mostly on the O and D lines).

Also where is Anton Campbell?

Last edited by MattSharp; 07-01-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSharp
I think those a lot of ratings need adjusting. How did you confirm all the names are correct?

I plan to redshirt Grady, Manningham and Brandon Harrison for sure on my dynasty. I don't care if the REAL Michigan wouldn't. It's foolish to not redshirt your 4th best back just because he is a 5-star. My only argument for redshirting vs. not redshirting is this. If you arne't going to play them much freshman year anyway, you might as well redshirt them and try to get an extra year out of the deal.

EDIT: A couple of other comments. There are a TON of guys out of position (mostly on the O and D lines).

Also where is Anton Campbell?
i agree on the ratings, i didn't even want to list them all out because several are either over or underrated.

i am 99.9% positive the names are correct. i watched the video available and matched up numbers and classes very meticulously, trust me on this one.

i'll redshirt the guys that Michigan redshirts in real life in order to maintain realism. therefore, Grady, Mario, maybe Bass, Harrison, Taylor and maybe Sears will all play in year 1 for me.

yes, several of the o-line positions are out of wack. the d-line and outside linebackers are based on the 3-4 Michigan used last year. they are going back to the 4-3 this year so several changes will need to be made.

Campbell was one of the few upperclassmen left off the default rosters, and for good reason. He's a special teams guy really, hasn't found his niche on defense. Rumors were that he might leave the team, still hasn't happened yet though. I'd much rather have all the freshmen in there, good job on that this year EA, 15 true freshmen on the Michigan roster.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewberdude
ALthough I agree that a 95 is a bit high, I am pretty sure that Woods will not only start now that Woodley is at DE, but he will make an impact as well.

I agree on your other points though.

-Noah
Michigan plans to run the 4-3 this year. They tested Woods out at defensive end during Spring practice and he did not fair well. He didn't play much of anywhere in Spring practice, and yes he is healthy.

His main problem is dedication and attitude. He's in Carr's doghouse and has been for the last year and a half. Things aren't going to change, so don't look for him to play much this year and definitely don't expect him to start.

The starting linebackers will be as follows:

Will - Chris Graham
Mike - Scott McClintock/or David Harris
Sam - Prescott Burgess
Old 07-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #28
Rookie

So if that is the case, Woodley needs to be moved to DE? It seems like there are BUNCH of DEs that should be DTs so that is what I meant as far as position changes go. I also thought Jamar Adams moved to LB and Will Paul moved to FB so there are changes all over the defense which will require a ton of ratings changes as well (I think? Do the ratings change like if you did a normal position change in between seasons?).

I didn't know they were switching back to 4-3 so things start to make a lot more sense. If you don't think Woods is going to paly are you going to lower his ratings?

I agree with your sense of realism but the way I see it, as soon as I play 1 play of my dynasty it stops being perfectly accurate, so I figure it's my discretion. If (when whoever does rosters does them) and makes Grady and Manningham better I may not redshirt them, but I think it makes sense from a future standpoin. I didn't know about Campbell. I didn't think he was terrible last year, but you are right he won't see much time thise year.

Great job on the names.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
So if that is the case, Woodley needs to be moved to DE? It seems like there are BUNCH of DEs that should be DTs so that is what I meant as far as position changes go. I also thought Jamar Adams moved to LB and Will Paul moved to FB so there are changes all over the defense which will require a ton of ratings changes as well (I think? Do the ratings change like if you did a normal position change in between seasons?).

I didn't know they were switching back to 4-3 so things start to make a lot more sense. If you don't think Woods is going to paly are you going to lower his ratings?

I agree with your sense of realism but the way I see it, as soon as I play 1 play of my dynasty it stops being perfectly accurate, so I figure it's my discretion. If (when whoever does rosters does them) and makes Grady and Manningham better I may not redshirt them, but I think it makes sense from a future standpoin. I didn't know about Campbell. I didn't think he was terrible last year, but you are right he won't see much time thise year.

Great job on the names.
yes, woodley needs to be moved to DE.

Will Paul also needs to be moved to FB.

Jacob Stewart, not Jamar Adams, moved from SS to OLB in the spring, that needs to be fixed on EA's roster too.

I do plan on lowering Woods rating from 95 to say 84. He is a senior, so I don't want to go too low, but he's not even close to a 90 rating based on real life production.

the redshirt issue is all up to the user. some users like exact realism, some want to dictate how they would do it as a coach. i don't think one way is better than the other, i just prefer the realism approach.

not a problem on the names, it was my pleasure as they will definitely hold me over until i get my hands on the game. then the real roster tweaking begins. if you need any information regarding the michigan roster, just let me know in this thread.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk2beacpa
yes, woodley needs to be moved to DE.

Will Paul also needs to be moved to FB.

Jacob Stewart, not Jamar Adams, moved from SS to OLB in the spring, that needs to be fixed on EA's roster too.

I do plan on lowering Woods rating from 95 to say 84. He is a senior, so I don't want to go too low, but he's not even close to a 90 rating based on real life production.

the redshirt issue is all up to the user. some users like exact realism, some want to dictate how they would do it as a coach. i don't think one way is better than the other, i just prefer the realism approach.

not a problem on the names, it was my pleasure as they will definitely hold me over until i get my hands on the game. then the real roster tweaking begins. if you need any information regarding the michigan roster, just let me know in this thread.
Yea you are riht about the safeties. My bad. I don't know as much about Michigan as I would like to so it's nice to talk to someone who knows more.

I agree about teh redshirt. Depending on how ratings change I might change my mind, but as of now I don't know what I'm gonna do.

If you are bored and want to discuss it more here are my next questions. How many create a player slots are there and who are you planning to create?

Also what other changes have you thought of so far? How are you going to modify Clayton Richards into another player?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:52 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
If you are bored and want to discuss it more here are my next questions. How many create a player slots are there and who are you planning to create?

Also what other changes have you thought of so far? How are you going to modify Clayton Richards into another player?
OK, hopefully this helps, just my opinions though....

PLAYER SWITCHES
-Change Clayton Richard into Tyler Ecker-this will eliminate Richard and correct Ecker's class

-Change the old Tyler Ecker into TE Kevin Murphy

UNIFORM # CORRECTIONS
-QB Jason Forcier - #4 to #19
-RB Kevin Grady - #25 to #3
-WR Mario Manningham - #1 to #86
-WR Antonio Bass - #87 to #18
-RT Jeremy Ciulla - #63 to #70
-LG Marques Slocum - #75 to #93
-RG Grant DeBenedictis - #52 to #64
-CB Brandon Harrison - #24 to #27
-CB Johnny Sears - #39 to #25
-SS Jacob Stewart - #28 to #41
-P Zoltan Mesko - #36 to #41

POSITION SWITCHES
-RT Jeremy Ciulla - move to LG
-LG Rueben Riley - move to C
-LG Marques Slocum - move to DT
-RG Leo Henige Jr. - move to LG
-RG Grant DeBenedictis - move to LG
-LG Alex Mitchell - move to RG
-RE Patrick Massey - move to DT
-LE Alan Branch - move to DT
-LE Will Paul - move to FB
-RE Rondell Biggs - move to LE
-DT James McKinney - move to RE
-ROLB Pierre Woods - move to LOLB
-LOLB Lamarr Woodley - move to LE
-ROLB Tim Jamison - move to RE
-MLB Prescott Burgess - move to LOLB
-MLB Chris Graham - move to ROLB
-FS Brandent Englemon - move to SS
-SS Jacob Stewart - move to ROLB

CREATE A PLAYER (2)
-TE Michael Massey 76ovr RS-Fr
-MLB John Thompson 74ovr RS-Fr

MAJOR RATINGS CHANGES
-ROLB Pierre Woods - 95 to 84
-QB Jason Forcier - 76 to 72
-WR Doug Dutch - 74 to 82
-TE Kevin Murphy (old Tyler Ecker) - 86 to 74
-MLB Chris Graham - 72 to 80
-FS Brandent Englemon - 68 to 80
-There are several other minor (+/-2 changes I will make, but not worth listing

Hope this assists you a little bit...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2005, 09:23 PM   #32
Rookie

What are you planning to do about Marquez Slocum? He has found out he has to go to prep school for a year but says he wil still come to Michigan later. Some have said they will edit him out so I just wondered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »