Home

Flypaper always catches a thief... DT Lindner exposed

This is a discussion on Flypaper always catches a thief... DT Lindner exposed within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #17
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: Flypaper always catches a thief... DT Lindner exposed

DT is lying piece of waste...his parent must be proud at the fact that they wasted their time rasing this sorry son of a b****.

Last edited by Nivek; 07-26-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 PM   #18
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

hey fairdale when your next update?
Old 07-26-2005, 11:04 PM   #19
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
hey fairdale when your next update?

Here's the great news... Mustang84 has been working on the update while I've been doing the 1-AA rosters. Currently he has 120+ created players, updated depth charts, updated numbers, removed players, etc.

This is really still a work in progress and we'll call it version 1.5 but it should be available real soon. I'm just waiting for Mustang to send me the roster.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:28 PM   #20
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
Here's the great news... Mustang84 has been working on the update while I've been doing the 1-AA rosters. Currently he has 120+ created players, updated depth charts, updated numbers, removed players, etc.

This is really still a work in progress and we'll call it version 1.5 but it should be available real soon. I'm just waiting for Mustang to send me the roster.
Great news, Great news.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:16 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

FK,
I spent about a week 2 years in a row doing my own rosters and know how much effort it takes to put these together. Thank you for all your hard work. It's a shame some people try to take credit for other peoples' work. Your rosters are great, and I'm looking forward to updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

well for what it is worth...I reported all 4 of their listings to eBay Customer Support. Even if we can't get them for misrepresentation and fraud...they should not be able to profit off of the likenesses of NCAA players without written consent from the NCAA, the schools, or the players themselves.

Eventhough the services they are providing are not specifically the names, the names come with the service itself....

I did my part....do yours

(also posted at MM)
Old 07-27-2005, 09:59 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 7

This is the type of crap that could eventually cause EA to take out the ability to edit the players. Not just the 'stealing' and selling of rosters, but all the uproar about it, as well.

At this point, I'm pretty sure nothing illegal is being done. None of these rosters are copyrighted. That's not to say I think these people profiting on other people's work are honorable. They're just greedy opportunists. That said, don't blame them. Blame the *******es that pay them, instead of getting any of the number of freely offered rosters.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
The FKings and FAIRDALE KINGS moniker is copyright protected now.
Which is to say they are not protected at all. Look here:
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html
You could register the names as trademarks to keep others from using them for profit, but you cannot claim copyright to a name or short phrase. Unfortunately, the rosters alone may not be protected because they are in effect a tabulation of factual data that is freely available. So while taking others' rosters may be dishonest and unethical, what they do may not be illegal based on the way most rosters are currently distributed.

If you are concerned about it, the site linked above is a starting point that may give you some ideas. For example, packaging the rosters with an original, substantive faq might help, sort of the way a sports almanac or magazine can be copyrighted because it has original work in addition to the compilation of unprotected factual information.
===

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »