Home

JohnnyC52's PS3 Rosters, Version 1.0 release!

This is a discussion on JohnnyC52's PS3 Rosters, Version 1.0 release! within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Exclamation JohnnyC52's PS3 Rosters, Version 1.0 release!

Alright everybody, after looking at all the rosters floating around, none of them really could let me experience the most life-like game, especially with the progression issue. Thank you to GatorBait and Block O for the original file, they busted thier butts to get it out and its not thier fault that thier rosters are a little under par. The people that sent them the info really screwed it up.

But I have taken the time to start my own roster file and I need your help. I am doing everything I can to make these as accurate as possible.

I have a system in which I rate Freshman, RS freshman and sophomores since the game has too many overrated players. I am using RIVALS for most of my information. I am using CFN Scout and team websites for all of my information.

Basically freshman with a RR of 6.1 are rated 82 (Matt Barkley, Vontaze Burfict, Manti Teo and others), than 6.0=80, 5.9=78 and so on. It really lets the 5 star recruits shine on the field and the 3 star recruits (rated 66-74) be products in which you would most likey want to redshirt.

DO NOT BE ALARMED by my ratings, please sim 3 or 4 seasons with this first file and let me know how the progression of all of these players look.

Let me first say, I am using the default rosters, with no names. On this file, I have just the BIG EAST, PAC 10 and INDEPENDANTS (Notre Dame, Navy, Army) finished.

Please take a look at the detail of the rosters and let me know of any mistakes with race and class (freshman or rs fresh, ect.).

I will be working on this file during the month of August and will have a complete file with updated depth charts, ratings and everything by the first day of College Football (Sept. 3).

MY PSN is JohnnyC52

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me feedback and tell me if these are going to be something you might use once the file is finished. I am putting in alot of time and effort, and I just want to know if this is something thats going to finally fix the progression thing, and make the game very playable for those of us that love college football.

One more little tid bit, every roster has 68 players on it, which leaves one space for a CAP on every team. I am using this on every team to either add a player EA missed, like Louisville's Dempsey (take a look at him, i actually made him into a impact player, i am sure Louisville fans will like this roster), and I will be using it on highly touted freshman that EA left out, like Donte Moss of UNC even tho I havent touched the ACC teams yet. Just an example.

ENJOY!

TEAMS FINISHED 21/120
USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona St., Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Washington St., Notre Dame, Army, Navy, Pitt, Rutgers, Cincinnati, South Florida, Syracuse, West Virginia, Louisville, Connecticut

Last edited by JohnnyC5252; 08-01-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
Banned

KILL THIS

And by the way, I am heading to Ocean City New Jersey (Atlantic City too) from Saturday-Saturday. So over the next week I just want people to take a look and give me suggestions.

I am going to release these rosters in five segments to make it easier on me with corrections you guys would want me to make.

Version Schedule
1 - Big East, Pac 10, Independents
2 - ACC, Big 12
3 - SEC, Big 10
4 - Sun Belt, Mac, Wac
5 - Mountain West, Conference USA

Last edited by JohnnyC5252; 08-15-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: JohnnyC52's PS3 Rosters, Version 1.0 release!

TEAMS FINISHED 21/200
USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona St., Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Washington St., Notre Dame, Army, Navy, Pitt, Rutgers, Cincinnati, South Florida, Syracuse, West Virginia, Louisville, Connecticut[/quote]

Last time I checked there were only 120 teams in NCAA 10. Where are you getting 200 from?
Old 08-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnut26
TEAMS FINISHED 21/200
USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona St., Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Washington St., Notre Dame, Army, Navy, Pitt, Rutgers, Cincinnati, South Florida, Syracuse, West Virginia, Louisville, Connecticut
Last time I checked there were only 120 teams in NCAA 10. Where are you getting 200 from?[/quote]

just a typo
Old 08-01-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

You gotta be careful underrating underclassmen. Even with the progression problem, rating them too low means they all become irrelevant when new freshman come in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 23

My suggestion to you is that you should wait a few more days. Then you can either use Tovarichs or my rosters. Our rosters will be as close to accurate as it gets, im sure. Wait a few days, especially since you are going to be gone for the weekend.

You are going to be hurting when you get to teams 80-120, and its all non BCS schools that suck to be messing with in the first place. Im like that now, imagine how you will be considering there should be 2 good roster sets out at the time.

But if you want to go for it, then power to the player.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:51 AM   #7
Banned

Gatorbait and Toravich, I am siorry but i refuse to use a roster that is pretty much "garbage". You guys are just renaming players, changing colors, wieghts and height.

Here is the issue. EA actually did a decent job with the roster, you guys made it the problem that it is today.

PITTs default starting running back, HB #22, you guys named Joe Capp, becuase on Pitts roster No. 22. But in reality, hes that backup FULLBACK. That player was meant to be Kevin Collier, just a number mix up. If you look at the hieght, wieght, class and what state the player is from, EA is usually dead on. Just a number mix up, a couple class mix ups and a few players left off.......

So on the "edited version" you guys are working on, you guys took the starting running back, switch his position on FB and took the back up FB, named him Collier and through in him as a RB. To me that destroys the players becuase the skill sets are set to each player, now i have a slow back up fullback as "Kevin Collier" and a speedy player like "Joe Capp" as my fullback. Doesnt work with me, and if your a hardcore gamer, i dont know how you could be ok with this.

Basically why would I use a roster set that messes with the skill sets of all the players? Like you took Syracuses Cameron Dantley and made him Greg Paulus, in which was never in the game becuase the news of him leaving DUKE came out to late for the roster editor to make, you guys found a senior QB on Syracuses roster and just figured it would be him, so thats why everyone is saying "Greg Paulus isnt black", hes not, you guys just mixed up the players. Greg Paulus is pretty much Cameron Dantley with a different race, hieght and weight now.

I can go on and on with this issue. You guys did a wonderful job in getting them out quick, and i thank you for having a roster that will hold me over. But I plan on busting mine out and making these the perfect roster set.

Now back to what this post was about, if you guys can please give me suggestions and corrections for the teams finished.

Last edited by JohnnyC5252; 08-01-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:55 AM   #8
Banned

I know what you mean Torovich, I am still working on a perfect rating system, the freshman and rs freshman and sophomore ratings are not set in stone. They probably will be rerated again once i get back from vacation.

I am pretty much set on if Rivals gave you a RR of 6.1 you would be a 82 in the game, 6.0=80, 5.9=78, 5.8=76, 5.7=74, 5.6=72, 5.5=70. For 5.4-5.0 it gets tricky becuase i have 5.0 recruits being a 60, a 5.0 recruit is pretty much a 1 star recruit though so it matches up well with what EA has as one star recruits during recruiting.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »