Home

NCAA '11 Ratings Discussion

This is a discussion on NCAA '11 Ratings Discussion within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #17
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA '11 Ratings Discussion

I did see that OSU had a 89 overall true freshman DE, who was only a 4 star on ESPN.com, who has the ESPNU 150 on there for recruits. Figured they'd have used the ESPNU rankings to help decipher freshman ratings.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 06-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I did see that OSU had a 89 overall true freshman DE, who was only a 4 star on ESPN.com, who has the ESPNU 150 on there for recruits. Figured they'd have used the ESPNU rankings to help decipher freshman ratings.
Please dont use ESPN as your recruiting source. Use Scout.com as your primary then Rivals.com. Stick to sites that are dedicated to recruiting.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10

Can anyone tell us what the new ratings attributes that were added to the game
Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
Ok so looking at the acceleration really does make a difference this year, good to know.
I would look more at that rating than a players speed rating now....

before it was the other way around......they appear to be utilizing acceleration to determine the speed in which a player becomes impactful on the field this year.

If you notice you'll see lots of RB's and WR's with 70 or 80 speed but high acceleration now. It was probably an attempt to keep overall ratings down because speed ratings is what inflated the rosters last year while acceleration barely increased a players overall by more than 1-2 points.

In the demo i could clearly tell the difference between a guy with high acceleration as opposed to a guy in the 80's for acceleration.

Agility was lowered accross the boards from what i saw in the demo and that is probably why you don't see too many guys making those quick moves any more.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

ok i guess i get the fact that speed and acceleration are one in the same in this years game from what i have read. the only thing i dont get though is how QBs Garret Gilbert and Blaine Gabbert are 78 and 79 speed respectively and DeMarco Murray, Ryan Broyles, and Graig Cooper have 82, 83, and 85 speed respectively? the speed for Gilbert and Gabbert were pretty much the same in last years game but Murray's speed was 94, Broyles' 95, and Cooper was 92. idk thats a pretty big change. Also, Wes Kemp, one of the starting WRs for Mizzou in the demo is 75 speed...FOR A WR?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #22
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117
ok i guess i get the fact that speed and acceleration are one in the same in this years game from what i have read. the only thing i dont get though is how QBs Garret Gilbert and Blaine Gabbert are 78 and 79 speed respectively and DeMarco Murray, Ryan Broyles, and Graig Cooper have 82, 83, and 85 speed respectively? the speed for Gilbert and Gabbert were pretty much the same in last years game but Murray's speed was 94, Broyles' 95, and Cooper was 92. idk thats a pretty big change. Also, Wes Kemp, one of the starting WRs for Mizzou in the demo is 75 speed...FOR A WR?!?!
I think a lot of it comes down to Acceleration and Agility this year. If you watch the intro of the game, Herbstreit goes into a bit of this. This is good because guys can no longer sub in a 80+ speed QB and just run away from everybody. Check their acceleration and agility, they are probably pretty high.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 36

I think Teambuilder which has been updated has all ratings out now.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 24

Looking through Maryland's roster, it appears that they really did stretch out the ratings. Terps have 1 90+ player (Wujciak), and a handful of 85+. Really like it. They're a bad team and it looks like it on paper.

And looking at another team's roster (Miami (OH)), they're rated real poorly, which is good - hopefully we'll really feel the difference when we use a bad team and get a good recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »