Home

Official Xbox 360 community roster correction thread

This is a discussion on Official Xbox 360 community roster correction thread within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #873
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official Xbox 360 community roster correction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf.irish
I'll post more corrections later, but for now:

QB Dayne Crist should be a RS Soph
RB Cierre Wood should be RS Fresh
OG Chris Watt should be RS Fresh
OT Zack Martin should be RS Fresh
DT Tyler Stockton should be RS Fresh
DT Sean Cwynar is set at 2nd string, not last on the depth chart
DT Hafis Williams has been moved to DE
CB Darrin Walls is a starter, while Robert Blanton is 3rd string

Now for the subjective part (this is just my educated opinion):

I think...
QB Dayne Crist should be bumped up to 86
RB Cierre Wood should be bumped up to 79
OG Christian Lombard should be bumped up to 74
DE Ethan Johnson should be bumped up to 87
OLB Darius Fleming should be bumped up to 85
CB Darrin Walls should be bumped up to 83

QB Nate Montana should be bumped down to 70
RB Armando Allen should be bumped down to 86
WR Shaq Evans should be bumped down to 76
CB Robert Blanton should be bumped down to 82
OLB Brian Smith should be bumped down to 84

I'm an alumni as well, I've watched all the home games past 3 years at South Bend plus all the away games on TV. Also have read every single ND preview, article, message board, etc. I think the overall ratings you've done are great and pretty damn accurate.
Technically you are wrong on the years of the redshirts.
ND does not redshirt per say, they list you at the year you really are in school.
1st year=freshman
2nd year=soph and so on.
After you complete your 4th year at ND if you have a year of eligiblity left you may apply for a 5th year. But you must have already graduated and be enrolled in grad school your 5th year.

So all of these guys you listed: are wrong as you have them listed.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #874
Rookie

sf.irish's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Technically you are wrong on the years of the redshirts.
ND does not redshirt per say, they list you at the year you really are in school.
1st year=freshman
2nd year=soph and so on.
After you complete your 4th year at ND if you have a year of eligiblity left you may apply for a 5th year. But you must have already graduated and be enrolled in grad school your 5th year.

So all of these guys you listed: are wrong as you have them listed.
"Technically" redshirt operations are done behind doors and they call it "preserved eligibility", but it's usually pretty easy to discern who the redshirts are- even the media acknowledges it. i.e. Cierre Wood, Tyler Stockton, and Kapron Lewis-Moore all definitely would have been rotation players their freshmen years, but didn't see any pt due to "preserved eligbility" ESPECIALLY Cierre Wood.

NBC
"Cierre Wood is a perfect example of the proper use of a redshirt year"
http://irish.nbcsports.com/2010/04/s...backs.html.php

South Bend Tribune
"As far as redshirts. I think all the offensive linemen will redshirt, tight ends Jake Golic and/or Eifert, possibly Theo Riddick, especially if he changes positions, Banks, Calabrese and possibly Fox. Injuries could change all of that. "
http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...ports&GID=1194

Athlon Sports
"redshirt freshmen John Goodman and Deion Walker emerge"
http://www.athlonsports.com/college-...-irish-preview

In other words, ND red-shirts players like everyone else; they will purposely not play certain freshman in order to maintain eligibility- that's a redshirt. They just don't want you to know about it.

Last edited by sf.irish; 07-26-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #875
Rookie

sf.irish's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde21
LOL - 50% completion Dayne Crist? 111.1 QB efficiency rating Dayne Crist?? 1:1 TD : Int ratio Dayne Crist??? LOL

(Come on, you knew I was going to be messing with you on this.. )
consensus 5 star recruit. strong *** arm, good speed, smart head on his shoulders; I know you're kidding, but he's thrown 20 passes in his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #876
Rookie

MrBlonde21's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abcdylan
I might go with that speed chart but IDK here's the one ive been usin

Off Backfield-QB,RB SPD = -33.76 * (40-time) + 241.35
Receivers-WR,TE SPD = -24.96 * (40-time) + 202.7
Trenches-Oline,Dline SPD = -15.47 * (40-time) + 140.09
Back 7-LB,DB SPD = -22.62 * (40-time) + 191.51
I'm kind of feeling this chart, but I'm running into an issue with DE's. More often than not, there is a big speed difference between the DEs and the OL / DL speed. With the chart above, DEs should technically be rated according to the "Trenches" formula, but they come out slow (In my opinion). Is there a mid-range formula to use between "Trenches" and "Back 7" to accomodate for DEs?

Also, how do you rate ACC. Do you have some flat #s to apply to the player based on the end result from the above SPD equation or is just on a player by player basis?

Lastly, do we know for sure if SPD/ACC ratings use just one scale for all players across the board or are they adjusted based on position? (e.g. A LG with a 4.72 40 could be a 90 SPD if the SPD is linked to the position, an 67 SPD, using the above formulas, or an 81 SPD using this method: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showt...ighlight=speed, which scores speed the same regardless of position)

Thanks!

(Please, anyone feel free to chime in on this..)

"WR for Michigan John Doe beat Usain Bolt in a parking lot at the Food Lion by the school so clearly he should be a 99" won't be taken in to consideration
- CWSapp757
Old 07-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #877
Pro

123abcdylan's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde21
I'm kind of feeling this chart, but I'm running into an issue with DE's. More often than not, there is a big speed difference between the DEs and the OL / DL speed. With the chart above, DEs should technically be rated according to the "Trenches" formula, but they come out slow (In my opinion). Is there a mid-range formula to use between "Trenches" and "Back 7" to accomodate for DEs?

Also, how do you rate ACC. Do you have some flat #s to apply to the player based on the end result from the above SPD equation or is just on a player by player basis?

Lastly, do we know for sure if SPD/ACC ratings use just one scale for all players across the board or are they adjusted based on position? (e.g. A LG with a 4.72 40 could be a 90 SPD if the SPD is linked to the position, an 67 SPD, using the above formulas, or an 81 SPD using this method: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showt...ighlight=speed, which scores speed the same regardless of position)

Thanks!

(Please, anyone feel free to chime in on this..)
I really dont know any answers to your questions since its not my speed chart its JeffHCross speed chart http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...to-NCAA-10-SPD also i dont go by that speed chart anymore I go by the one you listed now
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #878
Rookie

OVR: 0

UofHawaii WR/DB - Bubba Poueu-Luna hometown is Temecula, CA

Thank u
Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #879
MVP

OVR: 12

anybody know how to delete a created player? I ask this bc Ohio State now has no room and I would like to switch CB Devon Torrence to #1, if u could CcAaRrSsOoNn3, can u delete the guy u created and make Torrence 1 with the dual #s formula or delete him then we can change that player into the existing Torrence???
Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #880
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
anybody know how to delete a created player? I ask this bc Ohio State now has no room and I would like to switch CB Devon Torrence to #1, if u could CcAaRrSsOoNn3, can u delete the guy u created and make Torrence 1 with the dual #s formula or delete him then we can change that player into the existing Torrence???
Verlon Reed is the created player. Your guys call.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »