Home

What is the issue with duplicate numbers?

This is a discussion on What is the issue with duplicate numbers? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
What is the issue with duplicate numbers?

This has been brought up for several years now, and I still have yet to see an actual answer why EA does not allow us to edit duplicate numbers. It has to be a programming issue at this point. People have been bitching about this since 2007. These default rosters are created way too early in the year to not have this option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What is the issue with duplicate numbers?

What are you saying? You want to change the numbers so there are no duplicates? There ARE duplicates on some NCAA teams. Longhorns for sure.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Banned

SpielmanGilchrist's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
What are you saying? You want to change the numbers so there are no duplicates? There ARE duplicates on some NCAA teams. Longhorns for sure.

Yes they come default with duplicate numbers, but if you want to create a duplicate number yourself I think thats what the OP was talking about. And its bothered me long before 2007 I can assure you.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
Banned

MacMaher's Arena

OVR: 0

you can't edit people to HAVE duplicate numbers, you were never able to

however, you CAN change people who do have duplicate numbers os they don't anymore

but some teams really do have players with duplicate numbers, like Texas for example
Old 07-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
Pro

No dude. I'm saying EA needs to allow the user to add whatever numbers he/she wants to a player in the edit screen. Texas, USC, Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, Cal, Notre Dame etc. have all been using duplicate numbers for a decade now. It's a hassle working with the rosters when we can't make adjustments to the default errors. My question is, why? Why is this still an issue? If there's a good reason, that's cool. If it's just an oversight... lets get it updated already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Banned

SpielmanGilchrist's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
No dude. I'm saying EA needs to allow the user to add whatever numbers he/she wants to a player in the edit screen. Texas, USC, Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, Cal, Notre Dame etc. have all been using duplicate numbers for a decade now. It's a hassle working with the rosters when we can't make adjustments to the default errors. My question is, why? Why is this still an issue? If there's a good reason, that's cool. If it's just an oversight... lets get it updated already.

Yea bro I ran into this last year with Jamal Berry and Kurt Coleman both rocking the #4. And of course EA didn't have berry as #4.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #7
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

you can assign duplicats through team builder i believe and import them into the game
Old 07-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
Pro

True, but you can only fully edit those players within a dynasty. Kind of a pain in the butt if you don't want to load a whole dynasty season just to have an accurate roster. My real wish is that we could fully edit players (equipment etc.) in team builder and then upload them to the console WITH those edits saved. That would be fantastic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »