Home

Incoming Freshmen, "Other" Ratings

This is a discussion on Incoming Freshmen, "Other" Ratings within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Incoming Freshmen, "Other" Ratings

I'd like to get a thread going for suggested ratings for freshmen, but beyond their OVR. Love to see guys play like they should in real life, and this is a good place to get all that info in one spot.

So list the "other" ratings besides OVR for these positions:

QB: SPD, ACC, AGI, AWR, THP, THA
HB: SPD, ACC, AGI, AWR, ELU, BTK, SPI, TRK, CTH
WR: SPD, ACC, AGI, AWR, CTH, CIT, SPC, RTE, JUMP, RLS
TE: SPD, ACC, AGI, AWR, CTH, CIT, SPC, RTE, JUMP, RLS, PBK, RBK
OL: PBF, PBS, RBF, RBS
DL: SPD, ACC, AGI, AWR, STR, PWR, FIN, TAK
LB: SPD, ACC, AGI, AWR, STR, PWR, FIN, TAK, MCV, ZCV
CB: SPD, ACC, AGI, AWR, MCV, ZCV, TAK
S: SPD, ACC, AGI, AWR, MCV, ZCV, TAK

One example:

Jeff Driskel, QB Florida
SPD: 86
ACC: 88
AGI: 84
AWR: 50
THP: 94
THA: 77

Great athlete, makes a ton of plays with his legs and has a cannon for an arm. Not a very polished passer at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Incoming Freshmen, "Other" Ratings

I like this. If there is a way to do this based of fact and not opinion then im all for this
Old 06-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CcAaRrSsOoNn3
I like this. If there is a way to do this based of fact and not opinion then im all for this
problem is about 90% of the wr and rb run 4.4 or 4.5 40s according to rivals and scout.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
I think we can just try and get as much info as possible from Rivals, ESPN, Scout, etc and post it here so it's easier to sort through all of the scouting reports and give ratings.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

These are the default ratings for True Freshmen QBs.

Couple notes:

--AGI seems very low this year; not sure how it will play in the game.

--Driskel should have the best THP in the class. THP usually doesn't progress all that much in past games, and if this is unchanged, some of these guys need higher THP. If THP does progree a lot more now, it's less of an issue.

--Brett Hundley is way off. He's supposed to be a McNabb/Kaepernick type Pistol QB, so he needs WAY more athleticism. For some reason he has 67 AWR which is far and away the highest on the list. He should get a bump in SPD, AGI, and ACC and have the AWR lowered to about 50-52 like the rest of the list.

--Looks like JW Walsh has the best overall tools of these default ratings.

--List is in order of Phil Steele's rankings. Highest ratings are in bold.

Please provide some feedback.

Last edited by Palo20; 07-02-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Well, a good way to do it for WR and RBs would be to use actual track times (when they're available) for the SPD and ACC ratings.

For example, George Farmer ran a 10.4 100m. That is really fast. Not the best of the best, but better than most of the receivers in CFB. So.. 95 SPD? And with that has to come some good ACC, so... 92-94 ACC?

He's not known to have the best agility, but it's not bad either. Somewhere in the mid-80s probably.

On ESPN he was a 5-star WR, #1 at his position, #12 overall, 85 grade
On Rivals he was a 5-star WR, #1 at his position, #3 overall
On Scout he was a 5-star WR, #3 at his position, #25 overall

So he obviously is very highly regarded. He has good hands but loses concentration at times, so his awareness, catch in traffic and route running should be relatively low. He is a great athlete and very strong so he should have good jump and good release ratings. I also added in strength, because I think that's sometimes important in receivers.

George Farmer, WR USC, 6'2", 205 lbs.
SPD: 95
STR: 64
ACC: 92
AWR: 54
CTH: 80
CIT: 78
SPC: 76
RTE: 78
JUMP: 86
RLS: 80

This puts him at around an 82 overall... and while that's high for an incoming recruit, you have to remember that this is the #1 receiver on two different sites with really good size and speed.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanterror
Well, a good way to do it for WR and RBs would be to use actual track times (when they're available) for the SPD and ACC ratings.

For example, George Farmer ran a 10.4 100m. That is really fast. Not the best of the best, but better than most of the receivers in CFB. So.. 95 SPD? And with that has to come some good ACC, so... 92-94 ACC?

He's not known to have the best agility, but it's not bad either. Somewhere in the mid-80s probably.

On ESPN he was a 5-star WR, #1 at his position, #12 overall, 85 grade
On Rivals he was a 5-star WR, #1 at his position, #3 overall
On Scout he was a 5-star WR, #3 at his position, #25 overall

So he obviously is very highly regarded. He has good hands but loses concentration at times, so his awareness, catch in traffic and route running should be relatively low. He is a great athlete and very strong so he should have good jump and good release ratings. I also added in strength, because I think that's sometimes important in receivers.

George Farmer, WR USC, 6'2", 205 lbs.
SPD: 95
STR: 64
ACC: 92
AWR: 54
CTH: 80
CIT: 78
SPC: 76
RTE: 78
JUMP: 86
RLS: 80

This puts him at around an 82 overall... and while that's high for an incoming recruit, you have to remember that this is the #1 receiver on two different sites with really good size and speed.
Reasonable ratings. The only question is the scale on speed. Demps of course is a 99 and he's a 10.01 guy. I'm sure there are a few 10.2, 10.3 guys sprinkled around college football too, so not sure if 95 may be too high.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well if 10.01 is 99, then you'd probably have to say:

sub 10.0 - 10.09 = 99 spd
10.1 - 10.19 = 98 spd
10.2 - 10.29 = 97 spd
10.3 - 10.39 = 96 spd
10.4 - 10.49 = 95 spd

And then keep going from there. I know this isn't completely accurate, but you have to remember that anything under 10.5 for 100m is extremely fast and can win you a state title depending on who is running.

Here's a list of the best 100m times in the country this year:
http://www.milesplit.com/rankings/20...door/hs/m/100m
I'm not sure if this covers every track athlete in the country... but that puts Farmer at 15th nationwide in the 100m this year. A lot of those guys don't even play football. That's elite speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »