Home

OS NCAA Football 12 Community Roster Corrections

This is a discussion on OS NCAA Football 12 Community Roster Corrections within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #49
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official NCAA 12 Community Roster Corrections Thread

Thanks for all the work. The rosters are terrific and I appreciate all the effort you guys put into this. I have quite a few minor changes for the Kansas Jayhawks...

QB #14 Mike Cummings should be "Michael" and dark skinned
FB #45 Nick Sizemore should be a Sophomore
LT #74 Jeff Spikes should be a Junior
RG #67 Duane Zlatnik should be a Junior (take off RS)
RG #64 Randall Dent should be Randall Dent Jr. and should be dark skinned
RT #72 Tanner Hawkinson should be a Junior (take off RS)
RT #76 Bryan Peters should be #73
DT #71 John Williams should be a Junior (take off RS)
DT #92 Patrick Dorsey should be a Senior (take off RS)
DT #97 Richard Johnson should be Richard Johnson Jr. and should be a Senior (take off RS)
LOLB #34 Huldon Tharp should be a Sophomore (take off RS)
MLB #11 Darius Willis should be #39
MLB #50 Jake Farley should be light skinned
ROLB #58 Ed Fink should be a Freshman (take off RS)
CB #19 Isiah Barfield should be a Senior (take off RS)
CB #5 Greg Brown should be a Junior (take off RS)
CB #30 Anthony Davis should be a Senior (take off RS)
CB #10 Corrigan Powell should be a Junior (take off RS)
CB #22 Dexter McDonald should be a RS Freshman (add RS)
FS #9 Keeston Terry should be a Freshman and should be medium skinned
SS #24 Bradley McDougald should be a Junior (take off RS) and should be medium 5 skinned

All information is from http://www2.kusports.com/football/roster/2011/

I would also suggest changing...
RG #63 Chad Kolumber to LG #69 Trevor Marrongelli 6'2" 293 Jr. Marrongelli should be rated as our highest LG. He started multiple games last year and is our starter heading into this year.

Depth chart showing Marrongelli as the starter...
http://media.kusports.com/img/footba...fense_pics.jpg

LT #79 Riley Spencer and LT #74 Jeff Spikes should switch ratings. Spikes has been a starter since his Freshman year but missed all of last year due to injury. Here's a link that shows Spikes as the starter on the depth chart...

http://media.kusports.com/img/footba...fense_pics.jpg

DC Carl Torbush retired due to cancer. Here is the info for our new DC...

Defensive Coordinator
Vic Shealy
Skin Tone: Light
Body size: Medium
Head: Medium 4
Apparel: Polo
Hat: None
Glasses: None
Alma Mater: Liberty Baptist
Prestige: 69 (C)
Specialty: Defensive
Defensive Style: 4-3
Defend Run/Defend Pass: 40/60
Aggressive/Conservative: 60/40
Sub Frequency: 50

Thanks again, guys.

Last edited by Arrowhead29; 07-16-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: OS NCAA Football 12 Community Roster Corrections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26841
Ohio State looks pretty good. There's just a few little things I see...

Supposedly SLB Jonathan Newsome is staying with the team for now. Him and Dorian Bell are both still with the team, but their status at this point for the future is pretty much unknown. I really don't know if they should be included or not. Oh well, you could always add them later.

Nate Oliver is a safety, not a linebacker.

Donnie Evege should probably replace Taylor Rice at CB. Rice is a walk-on who sees no playing time, but Evege actually sees the field a good bit.

C.J. Barnett is the starter over Jamie Wood.

Sort of related, but has anyone every noticed how they've mixed up the SLB and WLB in these games? They always put guys who IRL play the weakside (rolb) on the strongside (lolb) and they end up getting taken out on 3rd down instead. Always wondered why they did that. I have to flip all six linebackers every year.
Brandon-care to comment on what I posted in the other thread?

"I played with a roster in which T. Pryor had been edited into Taylor Graham. The issue with that is then Taylor Graham is the impact player not Braxton Miller. This is silly not only because he shouldn't be the impact player as a 4th string QB but in pre-game the game will show Taylor Graham warming up and talk about him despite him not even being a starter.

To make it correct, presuming most OSU fans will want Braxton as the starter, what I think needs done is to make T.Pryor into Braxton Miller, then make Braxton Miller into Taylor Graham. Is this what you plan to do?"

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 11

For Nebraska I believe that Lavonte David and the May guy's stats for things like acc, awr, and such are reversed, I'm pretty sure that David trumps May in all those catagories?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho79
Alabama
QB#12 will likely RS this year(currently 4th on DC), I would suggest replacing him with QB#18 Blake Sims(see link below for build/ratings)

LT#72 is way overrated, should be maybe a 80 overall and a backup.

LT#59 should be moved to LG

RT#52 is slightly overrated and should be bumped down close to 84(backup)

RT#76 is slightly underrated and should be bumped up to 88(starter)

RG#78 should be Chad Lindsay not Chad Lindsey

LE#95 Quinton Dial should be a DT and a JR

RE #92 Damion Square should be a LE

RE#96 Jeoffrey Pagan is rated a little high IMO(see link for suggested ratings)

LOLB #35 Nico Johnson should be a MLB

LOLB #33 Trey Depriest should be a MLB

MLB #91 Alex Watkins should be a ROLB

ROLB #47 Ed Stinson should be a RE & #49

ROLB #2 Tana Patrick (assuming this is who y'all turned CB#1 into) will probably only see time on special teams/blowouts this year, I would suggest replacing him with S#3(#taken already) Vinnie Sunseri...I haven't made a build for him yet, will update the link I put at the bottom of this post when I create him

CB #24 DeQuan Menzie is vastly underrated, he is the 2nd best CB on team, was talked about on ESPN the other day about possibly being the best man-to-man cover CB on team, and was recently rated as 22nd best player in SEC...I would suggest about an 88 rating...see link for my ratings.

#94 LE Darrington Sentimore is suspended indefinitely and I would suggest replacing him with #62 DT Brandon Ivory(follow link for build/ratings)

Link may have rating tweaks of players I didn't mention in above post also(was my changes from the default roster):

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...hl=en_US#gid=0
Hate to quote myself, but I've made all these corrections(except creating Sunseri) from the community file, made sure the depth chart was right and will put the roster in my share file in a few minutes if anyone wants to DL it...GT = Bama Psycho. And I just remembered # 90 is already taken so Dial can't be changed to that # and he is a JR, not a SO.

Last edited by psycho79; 07-15-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #53
Rookie

jhill396's Arena

OVR: 5

Will the tendency bug mess things up pretty bad? I would hate to have to wait to start my dynasty.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great job here guys! Awesome stuff indeed.

Here are a few observations about the Idaho Vandals:

QB
Brian Reader: You might need to bump up his rating a bit more than a 73. Coaches are raving about him in camp and saying that he is running the offense like a machine, and he knows it so well after being Enderle's backup for 2 years. His passes are crisp and accurate and he is looking even better than Enderle did last year who was a 5th round draft pick. I think something in the 80-83 range would be good for Reader and this can be done by bumping up his awareness a lot.

Need to add RsSO Taylor Davis (6'3", 233 #12 caucasian). He has good arm strength and accuracy and can even scramble a bit. He will likely be Reader's backup this year. (can switch MLB Austin Federson out, who is a low rated junior who will likely not see the field.)

Dominique Blackman will wear #3 this year.

RB
Ryan Bass will wear #5. An 81 overall might be a bit low for the number 4 rated running back in the nation coming out of high school.

Princeton McCarty is a speedster. His speed should be higher than 83. He will also wear #20 again this year, not #9.

Calvin Thompson will probably never see the field, so I'd switch him to Cameron McKernan (5'11", 205...FR...medium skin). Cameron was a higher rated recruit out of high school with 4.34 speed. McKernan should be rated higher than Todd Handley who wasn't as highly regarded a recruit.

WR
Justin Veltung should be the top WR on the team. He is one of the fastest players on the team and will also be used returning kicks. Phil Steele has him as a fourth-team all WAC returner. In practice he has developed a great chemistry with Brian Reader and will definitely be his top WR. Also, Veltung will wear #1.

Armauni Johnson is probably rated a bit too high as a 78. He had a whopping 21 catches last year and his awareness should be nowhere near the 79 that he has been given. He's our 2nd best receiver and probably should be lowered into the 75 range.

Justin Hernandez will likely be a 6th stringer at best, so I'd lower his ratings quite a bit, into the low 60's.

Vandals recruited a 3* WR in Marquan Major. At 6'3", 175 he runs a 4.55 and was a high jumper in high school. If he doesn't redshirt, he will likely be the 4th receiver behind Veltung, Johnson, and Davis. To create him, you can change Jacob Seamans (who will be buried as the 8th or 9th receiver anyway).

Demetrius Williams runs in the 4.5 to 4.4 range and should be faster than a 79 speed. Probably about 87-88 speed. Currently his agi and acc are at 61,70 which is strange since this kid is a great athlete. Spd/Acc/Agi should all be mid to high 80's.

TE
Taylor Elmo made Phil Steele's 3rd team All-Wac at TE. He is lighting it up in camp and bloggers say he is one of the better looking TE's the Vandals have had in years. High 70's would be a good overall for him.

OL
Matt Cleveland made Phil Steele's 1st team All-WAC at LT, and is his #51 overall OT in the country. Low to mid 80's would be appropriate.

LG Sam Tupua is spelled as "Tupa" in your rosters.

Mike Marboe is one of the strongest on the team. Strength rating should be in the low 90's and he will be the starting center this year likely.

DT
Michael Cosgrove is Phil Steele's #53 DT in the country and a legitimate low round draft prospect if he has a great season. He is tearing it up during camp and bloggers watching practice say he is tossing around O-lineman like rag dolls. I'd up his strength into the mid 80's and bump his awareness a lot. He is currently the undisputed leader of the defense.

P
Bobby Cowan is a 1st team all-WAC at punter. Should be rated in the 80's.

The rest of it looks pretty good.

Thanks again for everything guys!!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #55
Rookie

Sack Attack's Arena

OVR: 4

South Carolina

- QB Tanner Mcevoy should be spelled Tanner McEvoy
- CB Akeem Auguste's weight should be 183
- WR Jason Barnes is from Charlotte, NC
- WR K.J. Brent should be from Weddington, NC (closest town in game to his real hometown of Waxhaw)
- RG Kaleb Broome should be from Aiken, SC (listed as from GA - PG year)
- HB Shon Carson should be from Lake City, SC
- DE Jadaveon Clowney's name should be spelled Jadeveon and he is from Rock Hill, SC
- FB Matt Coffee should be from Fort Walton Beach, FL
- DT Phillip Dukes should be from Manning, SC
- QB Stephen Garcia should be from Tampa, FL
- MLB Qua Gilchrist should be from Abbeville, SC
- CB Stephon Gilmore should be from Rock Hill, SC
- #30 TE Chaun Gresham should be #29 -- could replace him with #15 white TE Payton Brady 6'3'', 225 RS JR from Lincolnton, NC, Brady is ahead of Gresham on depth chart
- CB Victor Hampton should be from Darlington, SC
- OLB Mason Harris should have lighter skin (Medium is good for him, but the face he has now doesn't work. Needs to be one of the first few)
- OLB DaMario Jeffery should be from Columbia, SC
- WR Shamier Jeffery should be from Orangeburg, SC and is 195 lbs.
- WR Alshon Jeffery should be from Orangeburg, SC
- DT Byron Jerideau should be from Walterboro, SC (listed as from GA - PG year)
- C T.J. Johnson should be from Red Hill, SC
- WR Nick Jones should be 170 lbs.
- CB Martay Mattox should be from Athens, GA
- LG Mike Matulis should be from Lake Worth, FL, also Rivals has him listed as an OT but not sure what SC will be using him as
- LE Byron Mcknight should be Byron McKnight and from Laurinburg, NC
- WR D.L. Moore doesn't have dreads anymore, he shaved his head for cancer awareness in March (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=184&f=2210&t=7367749)
- LG Ronald Patrick should be from Cocoa, FL
- ROLB Rodney Paulk should be from Columbia, SC
- DT Kelcy Quarles should be from Greenwood, SC (listed as from VA - PG year)
- DT Travian Robertson should be from Laurinburg, NC
- #95 DT Corey Robinson should be #94 and from Havelock, NC (flip numbers with TE Corey Simmons)
- WR Ace Sanders should be from Bradenton, FL
- LT Brandon Shell should be from Charleston, SC and 290 lbs.
- #94 Corey Simmsons should be #95 (flip numbers with DT Corey Robinson)
- ROLB Quin Smith should be from Lenoir, NC
- RE Chaz Sutton should be from Savannah, GA
- LE Devin Taylor should be from Beaufort, SC
- RT Rokevious Watkins is marked as an OG on the SC online roster, not sure what you want to do there
- CB C.C. Whitlock should be from Chester, SC
- FS Brison Williams should be 206 lbs. and from Warner Robins, GA (listed as from VA - PG year), he is also listed as a SS on the SC roster

Depth Chart:
- Andrew Clifford for Tanner McEvoy @#3 QB
- Justice Cunningham @ #2 FB, Corey Simmons at #3 FB
- Not sure how the WR depth chart works in terms of X,Y,Z but here is how it is listed:
One WR Position: Alshon Jeffery/DeAngelo Smith/Lamar Scruggs
Second WR Position: Jason Barnes/Ace Sanders
Third WR Position: D.L. Moore/Nick Jones/DeAngelo Smith
- Rokevious Watkins for Brandon Shell @ #2 LT, Brandon Shell for Cody Gibson @ #3 LT
- LG should be A.J. Cann/Kenny Davis/Ronald Patrick, some rerates may need to happen because right now Cann is 73 OVR, Davis is 64 OVR, and Patrick is 79 OVR
- Probably should swap Jadeveon Clowney and Chaz Sutton @ #2 RE
- DT: Aldrick Fordham/Kelcy Quarles/Corey Robinson
- MLB: Shaq Wilson/Reginald Bowens/Qua Gilchrist
- CB is listed the same way as WR:
One CB Position: Stephon Gilmore/Victor Hampton/Cadarious Sanders (not on roster, #10 5'11'', 182 black RS FR from LaGrange, GA)
Second CB Position: Akeem Auguste/C.C. Whitlock/Martay Mattox/Marty Markett
- FS: Jimmy Legree for Sheldon Royster @ #1 FS
- P: Patrick Fish for Jay Wooten @ #1 P
- KR: D.J. Swearinger/Ace Sanders/Kenny Miles
- PR: Stephon Gilmore/Ace Sanders/Nick Jones

Should be it. Didn't look too much into dreads, but everyone with dreads on the roster has them in real life besides D.L. Moore like I said. Not sure if there are people on the roster that need them added.

I don't know too much about rerates/replacing players so I'll let a Gamecock fan with more experience with that speak to those.

Last edited by Sack Attack; 07-15-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NCAA Football 12 Community Roster Corrections

Awesome, awesome job. I've been waiting for these and you guys delivered big time. Here's some corrections for release #2.

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS

QB...Connor Cook's home state should be Ohio instead of MI

RB... Change Nick Hill to 5'7, 182#. Change Jeremy Langford to 5'11, 199# and #33.

FB...Niko Palazeti is white and a RS F

WR...this will be somewhat confusing...but EA had the freshman correct. You correctly got rid of Donald Spencer but created in essence two Juwan Caesar's. #81 the true Freshman is the correct Caesar (you replaced him with sims). Sims should be the original #83, everything matches up. This leaves you with an extra WR, I would say that you should put Lippett here as he currently is ahead of Mumphrey on the depth chart, but you already positioned him at CB which is fine because he is slotted to play both sides of the ball. Chris Rucker would be the next choice to go there. He's a 5-9 175# RS SR. I'd rate him slightly above Caesar and he'll battle Mumphrey for playing time (he's certainly not an impact player).

Also, change Roger Williamson's # to anything but #85 as that is Garret Celek's #.

TE...Celek is white, a RS SR. and #85 from Ohio instead of a freshman out of PA. I'd probably rate him a little bit higher as he should be battling for starting time.

RT...not sure how in depth you are going but Fonoti is from CA instead of MI.

RE...Ty Hamilton shouldn't be in the game, he's a walk-on I've never heard of. I'm certain that the most accurate corrections here would be to replace Hamilton with RS FR. Marcus Rush (76 OVR seems correct, he is the backup right now and he is a RS F). The Marcus Rush you created that is a 65 OVR should be incoming freshman Damon Knox (6'5, 265#, FR., black, MI). The 65 OVR rating is fine because he's a 3* recruit.

DT...you created Antonio Jeremiah with Blake Treadwell's spot. Unfortunately this should have stayed as Blake Treadwell (he plays both sides of the ball, most recently at DT). Jeremiah is huge and probably ate himself out of playing time. Treadwell is above him on the depth chart and teambuilders template for #93 matches up perfectly with his stats. I guess just recently Treadwell changed his # to 64, but I'm still confident it is him. He definitely one way or the other is set to make more of an impact than Jeremiah.

You replaced Mark Scarpinto with Matthew Ramondo. Teambuilder definitely was trying to put Scarpinto here (correct height/weight/homestate) but putting Ramondo here is fine. They are both similarly rated DT recruits. They only change you need to make here is putting Ramondo's home state as NM instead of WI.

MLB...It should be Lawrence THOMAS.

Also, #56 is definitely incoming freshmen Darien Harris (6’1, 210#, Hyattsville, MD) instead of Tyquan Hammock (who is #49 in real life). The height/weight match perfectly with Harris, Hammock also filled in as a FB last year so I doubt he made EA’s cut at LB. Harris should be changed to ROLB and his class to freshman. I'd use teambuilders default ratings that had him as a 65 OVR.

FS...Simple fix here, rename the Darien Harris here as Arjen Colquhoun and make him #36.

Coaches...Mark Dantonio's alma mater is South Carolina and he is 55 years old. Pat Narduzzi is 45 years old and graduated from Rhode Island. Dan Roushar's alma mater is Northern Illinois.

Not sure if there is extra room on the depth chart or not, (if not, I'd erase Chris Rucker at WR) but I'd add incoming freshman Ed Davis to the team to create some balance on the team. Ed Davis (6’4, 215# out of Detroit, MI) is a LB that was one of MSU's higher rated recruits (3*).

That's all of it. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS. You guys do a an incredible service to the community and i'll be throwing some $ your way very soon.

Last edited by don flamenco; 07-16-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Corrections to my corrections...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »