Home

OS Community Rosters Official Thread (PS3)

This is a discussion on OS Community Rosters Official Thread (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 02:46 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: OS (PS3 Only) Community Rosters Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
My template for the Oklahoma Sooners is on the other thread. Did some digging today to see where guys stand and here are the changes that should be made.

1. CB 32 (Unknown Player)
- replace with QB Drew Allen 6-5 239 JR-R (ratings from last year with bump ~89 OVR)
2. WR 16 Jaz Reynolds - suspended indefinitely
- replace with WR Derrick Woods 6-1 180 FR (71 OVR)
3. WR 2 Trey Franks -suspended indefintely
- replace with WR Courtney Gardner 6-3 215 JR (72 OVR)
4. TE 87 Laith Harlow - medical hardship/will not play
- replace with FB Marshall Musil 6-2 236 JR-R (ratings from last year ~79 OVR)
5. LE 95 Charles Tapper - incoming freshman but looks like will not qualify
- replace with Chuka Ndulue 6-3 251 SO-R (75 OVR)
6. SS 29 Quentin Hayes - suspended indefinately
- replace with LB Aaron Franklin 6-1 211 SO-R (ratings from last year ~77 OVR)

CAPS for team (these guys are transfers ineligible for this year so they should have their class level dropped by 1)
1.CB 4 Cortez Johnson 6-2 196 Jr (from Arizona roster - 82 OVR
2.WR 6 Jalen Saunders 6-2 196 Jr (from Fresno St. roster - 89 OVR)

WR 18 Kameel Jackson is suspended but not indefinately, he should be available for the fall. If not he should be replaced by either Will Latu (6-5 315 Jr - JUCO xfer) or LaColton Bester (5-3 205 Fr - 2012 recruit)

*Sterling Shepard will wear #3 (prev #88) in honor of his father
Looks like Charles Tapper is going to arrive in Norman next week so he should be available come the fall. Ndulue has a chance to be a starter so it may be best to keep Ndulue as a replacement and not add Aaron Franklin (but...replacing Daniel Franklin with Aaron Franklin may still be a good idea)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #66
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

This is not an update request, just a suggestion.

A periodic update on how many teams have been completed would likely temper questions as to when it will be done. For instance, if you started Fri night at say 7PM and in 30 hours have completed 30 teams, then everyone could make a reasonable deductions that you are about 4 days away from completion.

On the other hand, if you refuse to give updates, they will draw their own conclusions on when they should be done (and usually an uneducated conclusion since most people don't edit their own rosters) and will constantly badger you thinking they will be done.

Just a suggestion. I've always found that more updates lead to fewer "when will they be done" questions FWIW

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
This is not an update request, just a suggestion.

A periodic update on how many teams have been completed would likely temper questions as to when it will be done. For instance, if you started Fri night at say 7PM and in 30 hours have completed 30 teams, then everyone could make a reasonable deductions that you are about 4 days away from completion.

On the other hand, if you refuse to give updates, they will draw their own conclusions on when they should be done (and usually an uneducated conclusion since most people don't edit their own rosters) and will constantly badger you thinking they will be done.

Just a suggestion. I've always found that more updates lead to fewer "when will they be done" questions FWIW
First off, thanks for doing this! I used to do my own for PS2 back in the day and it took days. And I didn't even share them with anyone!

As for the post, this guy is right. In the past the first post was updated with teams done. Don't have to get into specifics but by putting in a section of completed teams you can say: "Pac 12, Big 12 and Big East" or "37 teams completed", just to temper expectations. Once Tuesday hits and everyone has the game, then those "are they done yet?" questions will get huge and everyone will get annoyed.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 0

Can I make 1 request to add a player to a team? Memphis. 4-Star JUCO transfer Jacob Karam. Should be #9. He has 2 years eligibility.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #69
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Just playing devil's advocate here but.... providing periodic updates have always just led to more insanity in my eyes. When you start providing updates you start getting the "Hey my team is in the conference that you finished. Can I PLEASE get the partial roster file so I can play until you guys are finished". If you say no, people get attitudes. If you say yes, you risk the file getting leaked.

Also if you give an update stating that you have forty teams done on Saturday and then 24 hours later you only have 50, you get even more messages with people saying "OMG, what the hell have you guys been doing for 24 hours. Why are you moving so slow". That gets really aggravating.

And if you provide occasional updates, you are right that people will be able to calculate an estimated time for the file to be done. But then that's when people start broadcasting a release day and time that you never announced. Then when that time comes, if you haven't finished, all hell breaks loose. You start getting the "WHERE ARE THE ROSTERS. I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD BE DONE AT THIS TIME".

Once again, this isn't a shot at majesty or boomer as both of you guys seem to be reasonable understanding people. But its the other people that flood this site at this time that makes it bad for everyone. Just my two cents.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #70
Rookie

Macc24JR's Arena

OVR: 5

People need to quit it with the ratings boosts for specific players. If it's so important to you, you can easily load their roster when they're done and make the edits yourself for the file you will be using. By that point, make Braxton Miller the next coming of Joe Montana with Mike Vick speed for all we care.

It's discouraging and draws resentment from the roster guys workin their asses off to share a file they've allready confirmed will be free to the community. I'm sure the guys are in the roster rooms working hard on it as we speak.

Frankly, my opinion? I don't mind making edits to a named roster file. If I have to go thru an entire depth chart of my team(s), I have no problem making minor adjustments, as I'm sure the roster guys wouldn't mind.

Everyone take a deep breath and be thankful THESE guys forked over the $25 this year to get the game early so we can be AHEAD of the ball on rosters for once.

MLB - Atlanta Braves
NFL - Philly Eagles / Seattle Seahawks
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NBA - Detroit Pistons
College - USC Trojans
Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

First, I would like to extend my infinite gratitude to all the guys who are providing this great service to the NCAA community. You guys sacrifice your personal time to make the game much more enjoyable for us all. Thank You!

I would like to make two requests for edits to Kansas State's roster.

1. QB #9 aka Justin Tuggle, is making the move to OLB and changed his number to #2. By all accounts he has impressed this spring and has a starting spot locked down. His father is former Atlanta Falcon LB Jesse Tuggle. I'm not really concerned with his ratings because it's all speculation on how good he will be at this point but to have him on the right side of the ball in the right spot, LOLB opposite ROLB #50, would be great. A rating of 80 or 81 to give him the nod to start at LOLB would probably be sufficient.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m..._justin00.html

2. WR #16 aka Tyler Lockett appears to have been left out of the game when I looked over at the Teambuilder website. There is a #16 WR on teambuilder but it says he's a freshman (Tyler Lockett will be a soph) and his ratings are terrible so it can't possibly be right. That's crazy considering he was one of our only big play guys on offense last year. He has a ton of speed to burn and was one of, if not the top, kick returners in the nation last year at 35 yards per return and brought two back to the house and he only played in 9 games! I can see how some guys get lost in the mix but this kid will play a GIGANTIC role in K-State's offense this year. Should easily be K-State's #2 or #3 WR. WTF EA?

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m...t_tyler00.html

Phil Steele's magazine pretty much nailed K-State's roster this year. If you guys picked it up, your other thread hints that you have, then you've probably already seen these. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thank you guys for all that you do!

Last edited by XrayCat1; 07-08-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #72
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc24JR
People need to quit it with the ratings boosts for specific players. If it's so important to you, you can easily load their roster when they're done and make the edits yourself for the file you will be using. By that point, make Braxton Miller the next coming of Joe Montana with Mike Vick speed for all we care.

It's discouraging and draws resentment from the roster guys workin their asses off to share a file they've allready confirmed will be free to the community. I'm sure the guys are in the roster rooms working hard on it as we speak.

Frankly, my opinion? I don't mind making edits to a named roster file. If I have to go thru an entire depth chart of my team(s), I have no problem making minor adjustments, as I'm sure the roster guys wouldn't mind.

Everyone take a deep breath and be thankful THESE guys forked over the $25 this year to get the game early so we can be AHEAD of the ball on rosters for once.
I couldnt agree more. Ive always tried to avoid rosters with "edited stats". Typically those stats have been edited based on suggestions from fans of a particular team. In a nutshell............far too much homerism involved. Lol. Thats why a roster without stat edits is sooooo much better IMO. Let the homers screw up their own game by overrating their favorite players. Much appreciation to the guys doing all of this work. Once upon a time, I did it myself and I know the amount of work, headaches, and blurry crosseyed vision that goes along with it!!!! Lol
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »