Home

Overrated/Underrated

This is a discussion on Overrated/Underrated within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Rookie

gysgtam's Arena

OVR: 1
Overrated/Underrated

Just curious if anyone has seen anyone that is glaring overrated or underrated?
IMO Overrated :
Matt Barkley THP seems high as well as speed
Notre Dame (Te'o is a beast but everyone else????)
Matthieu LSU His defensive skills such as tak and Man are over but his return is surprisingly low
Duke Thomas Texas any freshman to get a 99 in anything is ridiculous he has a 99 in return
Ryan Swope Texas A&M
Marcus Lattimore 97 OVR coming off the knee injury he had?????

Underrated:
Sammy Watkins Clemson (I know he is at 95 but I just think he is going to be a beast this year)
Boise State
De'Anthony Thomas

I Roll Tide so I tried to avoid mentioning my problems with there ratings ie McCarron.

Last edited by gysgtam; 07-11-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Overrated/Underrated

I thought that Malcolm Brown (RB, Texas) was about 3-4 pts too fast. I know he isn't as fast as Johnathan Gray, who also has 94 speed.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Teams as a whole just off the top of my head: Texas, Notre Dame, Utah, Washington, Michigan
Old 07-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

LaMichael James is in the NFL now.
Lattimore is ridiculous. Without the injury he'd probably have been a 98 or 99.
Watkins isn't underrated. He's already basically impossible to cover.
If you look through ND's roster individually, everything looks pretty decent other than the QBs who are a little high. They just under perform as a team for whatever reason.
Barkley is fine as is... He would've been a top 5 pick if he left last year.
We will see how good Boise will be without Moore and the couple of draft picks they had.
Mathieu's cover skills might be a little high, but keep the other stuff is fine. Keep in mind that he played a lot like a hybrid type of player and was not really a true corner.
I know nothing about Ryan Swope.
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Old 07-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

gysgtam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNuts
LaMichael James is in the NFL now.
Lattimore is ridiculous. Without the injury he'd probably have been a 98 or 99.
Watkins isn't underrated. He's already basically impossible to cover.
If you look through ND's roster individually, everything looks pretty decent other than the QBs who are a little high. They just under perform as a team for whatever reason.
Barkley is fine as is... He would've been a top 5 pick if he left last year.
We will see how good Boise will be without Moore and the couple of draft picks they had.
Mathieu's cover skills might be a little high, but keep the other stuff is fine. Keep in mind that he played a lot like a hybrid type of player and was not really a true corner.
I know nothing about Ryan Swope.
I meant De'Anthony Thomas I don't know what I was thinking. With ND the fact that they underperform is why there ratings should be lower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysgtam
I meant De'Anthony Thomas I don't know what I was thinking. With ND the fact that they underperform is why there ratings should be lower.
The biggest underrated player on the Bama roster was Vinny Sunseri. He saw significant PT last year and was great. This year he will be the starting SS and EA rated him a 72 OVR and 3rd on the depth chart. I usually bash those claiming boost this guy and boost that guy.......but Sunseri has to be realistically around a 78 - 80 OVR. The guy was a tackling machine in HS at LB. As for most overrated guy on the Bama roster, there is some, I believe it was a SR CB on the roster with an OVR of 84. Whomever he is supposed to be does not exist!! Lol. Maybe EA gave him the skill set they should have given Sunseri!! lol
Old 07-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Sammy Watkins is underrated, eventhough he is a sophmore he is an very explosive WR. His first step combined with his speed makes him very hard to cover his ACC should be 97-98 and his speed should be 96
Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Wnahikian's Arena

OVR: 2

Well IMO ND/Tex/Michigan have been overrated the last few years. What justifies Michigan having a 97 overall defense? If that team is a 97 overall defense than Michigan State's defense should be a 106, but wait EA left off a 3 year starting Linebacker and rated the most disruptive defensive player in the B1G an 84 in William Gholston. Seems about right... smh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »