Home

Who has the Best Rosters Out?(360)

This is a discussion on Who has the Best Rosters Out?(360) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #49
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Who has the Best Rosters Out?(360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflash81
Because that's still not an estimated timeframe. The week of "not this week" has been over for days. A week from that point, one would think they'd be somewhat close to being done considering it's been weeks, and a "within 1-2 or within 2-3 days etc" would be assessable. Not just "not this week" or "when they're done." I'm not advocating the constant starting of threads but it just seems that there's no reason at all not to give at least SOMETHING of an estimate weeks into the process which takes all of 30 seconds.
I don't want this thread to be closed so I'll just end with this:

No one is trying to hold anyone hostage or be overly secretive. No hard release date has been given because the setbacks really delayed the project to the point where no release date could be reasonably calculated for a while. Things are back on track now and significant progress is being made. Like I said before when it realistically gets to the "one more day" point, I'm sure that there will be an official announcement.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy
I don't want this thread to be closed so I'll just end with this:

No one is trying to hold anyone hostage or be overly secretive. No hard release date has been given because the setbacks really delayed the project to the point where no release date could be reasonably calculated for a while. Things are back on track now and significant progress is being made. Like I said before when it realistically gets to the "one more day" point, I'm sure that there will be an official announcement.
A very simply "we are xx/120 done" would suffice in my opinion. It's a concrete number that would give a much better picture than an estimate of when they'd be done. But you're right, no need to have the thread closed over this.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #51
Just started!

OVR: 0

I think people on this board have a tremendous amount of gratitude and respect for the amount of time and work that one must invest to complete a project like this. Many have identified these rosters as the most accurate and in depth available each year and proudly use them in there dynasty's,etc. And while people in previous posts have stated these people "owe" us "nothing", I respectfully disagree. Yes, these people are donating hours and hours of their time and have jobs and lives like the rest of us. They should not have to be subjected to deadlines nor feel pressured by the minions that complain each minute and hour of the day. However, I do feel it is not unreasonable to get an update on how the project is progressing. Again, I have the utmost respect for the people in charge with this thankless task but I feel like a brief update or "state of the union" would go a long way of dispelling some of the wining and bickering consistently on this board over the past week or so. Whether it be a day, a week, or even a month for completion, I think people do deserve some sort of clarity on the subject. Whether you disagree with me or not or feel like that is a selfish angle to take that is just my opinion on the matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #52
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1044
I think people on this board have a tremendous amount of gratitude and respect for the amount of time and work that one must invest to complete a project like this. Many have identified these rosters as the most accurate and in depth available each year and proudly use them in there dynasty's,etc. And while people in previous posts have stated these people "owe" us "nothing", I respectfully disagree. Yes, these people are donating hours and hours of their time and have jobs and lives like the rest of us. They should not have to be subjected to deadlines nor feel pressured by the minions that complain each minute and hour of the day. However, I do feel it is not unreasonable to get an update on how the project is progressing. Again, I have the utmost respect for the people in charge with this thankless task but I feel like a brief update or "state of the union" would go a long way of dispelling some of the wining and bickering consistently on this board over the past week or so. Whether it be a day, a week, or even a month for completion, I think people do deserve some sort of clarity on the subject. Whether you disagree with me or not or feel like that is a selfish angle to take that is just my opinion on the matter.
I agree whole-heartedly
Old 07-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #53
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflash81
I agree. I think the main issue is that they absolutely REFUSE to give us even an estimate or anything other then "they'll be done when they're done" it's been a week since the last tiny update which was only "not this week." Although initially I feel that people couldn't get upset with them being late, there comes a point where they've been given double the time and still won't come out with an update, and I think that's what gets people frustrated. I'm just praying every time I log on that I'll see a big sticky at the top of the forum saying they're done, but no such luck. Even a small update window like "within the next 1-2 days" or something. I just don't see a justifiable reason to not be able to give us a 30 second update.
Are you really this arrogant, those rosters guys don't owe you anything. Who do you think you are. This is the reason they stay away and think about not doing them the following years because of people like you. You need to get a life, a hobby or something. I am not pressed not am I mad at them. They will be done when there done. They are doing all the work and your complaining. I swear, arrogant people like you with that sense of entitlement.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Are you really this arrogant, those rosters guys don't owe you anything. Who do you think you are. This is the reason they stay away and think about not doing them the following years because of people like you. You need to get a life, a hobby or something. I am not pressed not am I mad at them. They will be done when there done. They are doing all the work and your complaining. I swear, arrogant people like you with that sense of entitlement.
Reading comprehension is your friend, son.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Interesting. You see arrogance in others, but not yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #56
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
If you don't care that the rosters aren't out yet, then you aren't a real gamer and you aren't a big football fan. Why do you even come to this site? Stop acting all high and mighty - the fact that people aren't even being updated is for lack of a better word, weird. No one is forcing them to do anything but not one word for weeks? It's just bizarre and I've never seen it before in the history of this site

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »