Home

New Roster-Editing Possibilities With The Generic Editor

This is a discussion on New Roster-Editing Possibilities With The Generic Editor within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New Roster-Editing Possibilities With The Generic Editor

I'll look again and make sure but I input random numbers into the editor into Offensive Strategy and Dfensive strategy and then opened the CSV file located those numbers under those two columns.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRASKA15
I'll look again and make sure but I input random numbers into the editor into Offensive Strategy and Dfensive strategy and then opened the CSV file located those numbers under those two columns.
You are correct - COTY and CDTY are the Offense and Defense Strategy columns. COTS and CDTS are the Offense and Defense Substitution controls.

I have redone my test roster to move the data to COTY and CDTY. I have restored the original data to COTS and CDTS in my test roster.

I'll play some games to observe the impact.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #11
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Hey, I noticed when looking at the offensive and defensive strategy the numbers are almost opposite with each other at default and I was thinking there is the possibility that the defensive slider is reversed from the offensive slider so I wanted to see if you guys were able to test it. I am going to tonight but I wanted to get your feedback. Also are you using sliders other than default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 07:59 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Hey, I noticed when looking at the offensive and defensive strategy the numbers are almost opposite with each other at default and I was thinking there is the possibility that the defensive slider is reversed from the offensive slider so I wanted to see if you guys were able to test it. I am going to tonight but I wanted to get your feedback. Also are you using sliders other than default?
Interesting observation - I had not noticed this relationship between the data sets. I have not yet had an opportunity to play any test games since I made the corrected changes I mentioned. All of my Play Sliders are set to 50 for all of my games. I am making all my changes via the editor so that I can know exactly what I am changing. I don't plan to change the Play Sliders. My understanding is that 50 is the Neutral Point for the Sliders.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #13
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

After doing some testing, I don't think it is reversed. After playing a few games reversing the numbers for defensive strategy it was easier playing against the CPU and playing on heisman would make it more difficult. However if someone was wanting that then those settings might be the best choice. I think I like the settings how they are now however I am still testing whether I like all american versus heisman and I am playing around with a few sliders because I like how the game plays now on default but I want to see how it plays with the OS community sliders.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #14
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Another thing, the trick with the OS sliders is that the aggression is set to 50 so I tried setting the strategies to 50 as well. It was okay but I liked how it played better before changing the strategy. SO I decided to change all the aggression sliders back to their default and played with the OS sliders and I have to say that I really enjoyed it so I am going to continue testing this. I may have to tweak a slider or 2 but I think I am getting closer to what I want.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:56 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Interesting observation - I had not noticed this relationship between the data sets. I have not yet had an opportunity to play any test games since I made the corrected changes I mentioned. All of my Play Sliders are set to 50 for all of my games. I am making all my changes via the editor so that I can know exactly what I am changing. I don't plan to change the Play Sliders. My understanding is that 50 is the Neutral Point for the Sliders.
Update: I have now played several games (Clemson at Alabama), using my modified version of TommyCoa's 30-year Roster. All Play Sliders at 50 and HFA off, coach mode (I coached Alabama). TommyCoa's Clemson team has a very strong running game and Bama has a very strong Defense.

Clemson has won every game, a couple of close ones and a couple of 2-TD margin victories. During these games, I have been experimenting with different OD-DD settings combinations. The last game was 21-20 Clemson, with Bama missing a tying PAT at game's end. In that game, I had OD set to Heisman and DD set to Freshman. I have never lost 5 games in a Row in any version of NCAA.

In all games, after making the COTY and CDTY changes, I have seen much stronger CPU play. I was really surprised at Clemson's ability to move the ball even though I had set DD to Freshman.

I think that Braska15 has made a significant find and I plan to continue to use and test with his changes incorporated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Update: I have now played several games (Clemson at Alabama), using my modified version of TommyCoa's 30-year Roster. All Play Sliders at 50 and HFA off, coach mode (I coached Alabama). TommyCoa's Clemson team has a very strong running game and Bama has a very strong Defense.

Clemson has won every game, a couple of close ones and a couple of 2-TD margin victories. During these games, I have been experimenting with different OD-DD settings combinations. The last game was 21-20 Clemson, with Bama missing a tying PAT at game's end. In that game, I had OD set to Heisman and DD set to Freshman. I have never lost 5 games in a Row in any version of NCAA.

In all games, after making the COTY and CDTY changes, I have seen much stronger CPU play. I was really surprised at Clemson's ability to move the ball even though I had set DD to Freshman.

I think that Braska15 has made a significant find and I plan to continue to use and test with his changes incorporated.
Glad your seeing what I was seeing, thought I was the only one. Let me know what you plan on changing because I was looking to test in see if I should change the values from matching up play call aggressiveness to something else.

I haven't had time to really experiment as much as before, school and football has started has started.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »