Home

New Roster-Editing Possibilities With The Generic Editor

This is a discussion on New Roster-Editing Possibilities With The Generic Editor within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: New Roster-Editing Possibilities With The Generic Editor

If anyone was interested, I was able to add a 13th regular season game to the first season. I did it on the EA DB Editor by saving and extracting the file from the pre-season menu after creating recruits (I actually clicked on Recruiting Board in the pre-season menu, but no other tabs - not sure if this had anything to do with accomplishing it though).

Once in the editor, I went to the schedule data tab and there was information for Schedules showing week-by-week games but nothing under Team Schedules yet, I imagine because I didn't go into the in-game Manage Schedule tab.

Since I knew Washington always has a bye in weeks two and ten (listed as one and nine in editor since zero counts), I just went to the second week of games and replaced an FCS school with Washington playing at Nevada. I didn't change anything else, didn't have to manipulate any other tabs.

I saved the file and moved it back to my console, clicked on the schedule and the Nevada game was added (I didn't attempt to make any other changes at that point though). I simmed through the season and there was no freezing issues and it finished with the Huskies playing 13 regular-season games plus a bowl.

I'm not sure if this info would help anyone trying to edit the schedules to match 2014-2015 season (or if you wanted to mimic real-life since teams who play at Hawai'i get to schedule an extra game), but it seemed to me that it was pretty simple to try making changes at that point rather than also having to edit the team schedules tab as well.

Last edited by mattrd39; 09-24-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #26
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

Hey guys. Wonder if anyone can help answer this for me...

Is it possible to extract the roster file from my online dynasty? Goal being to restart the league but use the current rosters as we are in year 2016.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am not technically savy enough with all the editors and lingo
Old 09-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelbred33
Hey guys. Wonder if anyone can help answer this for me...

Is it possible to extract the roster file from my online dynasty? Goal being to restart the league but use the current rosters as we are in year 2016.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am not technically savy enough with all the editors and lingo
You should be able to use the Dynasty Editor to extract the Dynasty Roster. You may also be able to use the Generic Editor to extract the Dynasty Roster.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #28
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
You should be able to use the Dynasty Editor to extract the Dynasty Roster. You may also be able to use the Generic Editor to extract the Dynasty Roster.
I know this is a lot to ask, but is there anyone that would be able to do this form me? Or try to? I have the dynasty file saved that i could email someone
Old 09-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelbred33
I know this is a lot to ask, but is there anyone that would be able to do this form me? Or try to? I have the dynasty file saved that i could email someone
You should invest the time to learn how to use the editors. Just being able to open a file with an editor is not going to accomplish anything. You need to be able to make the modifications you want to make, then save those modifications back into a file to implement them into the 360. There are people on these forums who work with Dynasty files via the Dynasty Editor and there are people who work with the basic Roster via the Generic Editor. There are differences in what you can do in each mode. There are detailed instructions for using the editors - search the forum to find them.

I doubt that you will be successful in asking other people to perform tasks for you with the Editors.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #30
Pro

Here are my findings about certain Field Headers found under the COCH Tab in the Roster. These Headers are all related to data you can see in the Edit Coaches section of Team Management within the game.

1. CDTA: Defense Aggressive

2. COTA: Offense Aggressive

3. CCID: Coach Number Field, used as the Key Field when using the Export/Import Editor feature

4. CDTR: Defend Run

5. COTR: Run Offense

6. CDTS: Defense Substitution Frequency

7. COTS: Offense Substitution Frequency

I have confirmed these designations to my satisfaction by making changes in the game and confirming the changes when looking at the data in the Editor.

Because I have confirmed that CDTS and COTS affect substitutions, I have replaced the data in these fields with the correct data to match substitution rates.

I will be looking into ways to possibly help the CPU make better play calls for CPU-controlled teams, by using a combination of these ratings and custom playbooks. I will report on anything of significance that I discover.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #31
Pro

I've been playing around with different ratings, edits, playbooks, etc. to try to get the perfect combination of realistic sim stats/results around the country to go with solid gameplay for the contests I actually play with my team.

Using some of the theories behind the workbooks created by Tdawg/Khaliib, moving the QB awareness up to 85-99 for each has increased their completion percentage but the drawback has been that they don't run nearly as often. In my tests, the leading QB rusher in the upped awareness simulations had as low as 600 yards and as much as 800 yards. Using the default awareness, a couple of sims had at least 20 QBs with 700+ yards rushing and 4-6 with at least 1,000 yards.

Maybe we are going at this backwards. The key might be lowering the awareness and attributes like man/zone coverage for the defenders instead of upping ratings on the quarterbacks. Has anyone tried this approach?

Another thing I've noticed is that teams with playbook to 57 (Nebraska's, I believe) seem to have QBs running the ball more often than any other, although I haven't specifically isolated this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrd39
I've been playing around with different ratings, edits, playbooks, etc. to try to get the perfect combination of realistic sim stats/results around the country to go with solid gameplay for the contests I actually play with my team.

Using some of the theories behind the workbooks created by Tdawg/Khaliib, moving the QB awareness up to 85-99 for each has increased their completion percentage but the drawback has been that they don't run nearly as often. In my tests, the leading QB rusher in the upped awareness simulations had as low as 600 yards and as much as 800 yards. Using the default awareness, a couple of sims had at least 20 QBs with 700+ yards rushing and 4-6 with at least 1,000 yards.

Maybe we are going at this backwards. The key might be lowering the awareness and attributes like man/zone coverage for the defenders instead of upping ratings on the quarterbacks. Has anyone tried this approach?

Another thing I've noticed is that teams with playbook to 57 (Nebraska's, I believe) seem to have QBs running the ball more often than any other, although I haven't specifically isolated this.
Kudos to you for conducting these experiments. I have been working on a completely re-rated roster, based upon TommyCoa's 30-Year Roster. I am using Modio 3 to extract the file from the 360, then using the Generic Editor to Export the PLAY tab to Excel for mass editing, then using the Import feature in the Editor to bring the file back in to the Editor, and finally, using Modio 3 to replace the edited file for insertion back into the 360.

During my extensive editing efforts, I have observed many interaction results from changing ratings. I have come to believe that not even the game developers at EA were aware of all of the possibilities which exist within this game. My personal goal in editing is to produce a Roster loaded with teams which will compete against each other in tough, defensive-oriented games, all of which I will play in Coach Mode.

I encourage you to continue your experiments and to decide what your own goals are for your particular play style. I think you will find that there is no perfect Roster, but I also think you will be able to obtain performance levels related to your game preferences which are much better than anything you can do by just adjusting Sliders and other in-game settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »