Home

NCAA 07 & NCAA 10 PSP: 2015/16 Rosters

This is a discussion on NCAA 07 & NCAA 10 PSP: 2015/16 Rosters within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2016, 03:43 AM   #81
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 10 - PSP - Ported Community Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
That's very promising. My update just for my own use cases is that my tablet does indeed run 07 smooth as butter but its tougher to carry that around obviously. Still, I will try to import stadiums from 10 into 07 and see if i get the itch to switch to 07 for my dynasty stuff. Once I feel like I'm in a groove I still want to start that dynasty and blog about it like you do on your excellent site, minotauri.
I posted files to update and mod NCAA 07 on my Antdroid.net website. There's still some clipping issues during the stadium intro but once youre in the game, it seems to go away for the most part.

The stadiums that got a real update were:
Florida, Florida St, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Penn St, USC, Virginia Tech.

I had to go in and create a "snow" version of each stadium because "snow" doesnt exist in NCAA 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 12:42 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
I posted files to update and mod NCAA 07 on my Antdroid.net website. There's still some clipping issues during the stadium intro but once youre in the game, it seems to go away for the most part.

The stadiums that got a real update were:
Florida, Florida St, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Penn St, USC, Virginia Tech.

I had to go in and create a "snow" version of each stadium because "snow" doesnt exist in NCAA 10.
Well I spoke a bit soon about 07 and ppsspp performance. As soon as I start any kind of weather game (such as rain or snow), fps drops to about half . Still on 10 but interested in researching editing unis further.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2016, 12:52 AM   #83
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Well I spoke a bit soon about 07 and ppsspp performance. As soon as I start any kind of weather game (such as rain or snow), fps drops to about half . Still on 10 but interested in researching editing unis further.

I think I can figure out editing unis for PSP. I know how to pull the msh files out of the vivs (easy part) and I can find the graphics files using Console Texture Explorer and a hex editor. I haven't fully discovered how to change color palette though, so importing graphics changes the color palette to what it was before. I've been messing around with NBA Live regarding this a lot to get the hang of it and successfully modded some Super Sonics (via my website).

I've been slowly looking over the PS2 NCAA series now. I tried a couple quick and dirty attempts but failed. I actually got to the point where I imported uniforms from 11 into 06 and loaded it in the emulator but textures were all screwed up. That same mod hangs during match loading screen on actual console though.

And ya, the weather effects were removed in 10. I like them! So thats part of the reasons I still play 07.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:38 PM   #84
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

I'm back to working on a more deliberate/methodical approach to conference realignment with the help of a manual database editor called Egorgiy DB Editor for NHL 04-09. It lets you manually edit cells quickly and easily, so I can modify the TEAM db which controls which conference/division/league each school is in. I tried some trials with a handful of teams and it did not crash! Then I went on a spree of 100+ schools and it crashed, so I dont know where it's crashing. I suspect it could be due to some FCS schools being added to FBS but I'm going to do a complete start from scratch approach instead of a bulk edit I did before.

http://imgur.com/qB72sXd

Update: Failed again. Everything loads up great, conferences are all aligned properly. Sim first week, and it crashes before loading week 2. :|

Last edited by antdroid; 03-25-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:35 AM   #85
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

This looks promising...

I got the PAC-12 working and replaced the Big 12 Championship and conference layout with the Pac 12. I simmed the entire season and there's a proper Pac 12 championship and everything! (granted, the game stadium has Big 12 banners all over it, but that's okay)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 12.26.56 AM.png (308.5 KB, 73 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #86
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Here's a demo video of my latest Conference ReAlignment test for PSP. It would be able to be used on PS2 version of NCAA Football 06 as well I believe since 07 and 06 have the same teams.

https://youtu.be/DQkWopGyXOs

I've recently returned to working on modding NCAA Football 07 on PSP to re-align conferences and sub-divisions again and this time I've taken a different approach. I manually edited every single team's conference and division using DB Editor 3.0. The results are quite promising as you can see in the screenshot above and the video at the end.

Now, a few big issues still remain:

1. This requires hex editing. You'll have to copy/paste a slew of hex over to existing franchise saves. Because this is being worked on in NCAA 07, it'll only work with probably 06, 07, and 08. There's been newer teams incorporated to FBS since then. I am going to look if I can add FCS teams over but I think that requires quite a bit more work since rosters would need to be brought in as well.

2. How they picked teams for the conference title game is a bit mysterious because the teams that were put in it werent necessarily the winners of their respective divisions. Hmmm...

3. Schedule generation does not take into consideration the new conference alignments! I have no idea why either. The game spits out what seems like already built schedules for each season because when I simmed a few different times, I get the same 2nd year schedule no matter what. Hmmm...

4. Because of #3, conference records are all screwed up.

5. It looks like I can modify the championship decals by putting in new graphics in decalsbowlpatches.viv

Last edited by antdroid; 03-27-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:03 PM   #87
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Conference Realignment is now a working reality.

For instructions go here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...1&postcount=91 or http://www.Antdroid.net
Old 03-31-2016, 09:05 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow! What a ton of progress minotauri ! Can't wait to dig into this. BTW I'm still stuck on 10 due to perf issues on my devices hehe

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »