Home

NCAA 07 & NCAA 10 PSP: 2015/16 Rosters

This is a discussion on NCAA 07 & NCAA 10 PSP: 2015/16 Rosters within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2016, 12:00 AM   #73
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 10 - PSP - Ported Community Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Autzen, for one it's terrible in 07. Also, did you use an old nba games files? PC or PSP?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
I used NBA Live 08 graphics and textures and put them into 10 for PSP. There's a lot of previous work already done for PC though. There's a bunch of random files buried within vivs and databases that required editing too. I still have to figure out how to change the Thunder blue arena colors to emerald green. All the logos and such are Sonics branded but the court color.

I'll work on Autzen next. I wish there was Husky Stadium to import over. Some of the stadiums seem to work directly but copying everything over but you may end up getting graphical glitches in the stands, scoreboard, or field.

Interestingly enough, for these EA Sports games, the majority of graphics are buried in VIV files and are labeled MSH files with a SHPM header. For the PC versions, they are FSH files with a header of SHPF. For Xbox, they are XSH with SHPX headers. I forget what they are for PS2. But, I was able to rename the MSH file as FSH and open it in FSHEd. This tool was designed for NBA Live and NFS series. Anyway, you get an error when loading the file but it still shows all the graphics in the editor but only displays the hexidecimals instead of graphics.

Now, for a lot of console games, including PSP, graphics are swizzled. I want to figure out how to deswizzle these files and see if they will load up cleanly in FSHed, so I dont have to manually try to locate the graphics in Console Texture Explorer, which I am struggling to use.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp pic_0001.bmp (382.6 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 03-06-2016 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:53 AM   #74
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Here's an imported Autzen Stadium into NCAA 07. Still has some clipping issues, but I think it looks better than in NCAA 10 actually if you overlook the clipping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWYShGw7ra8

update:

I imported every stadium over. They all load, but clipping issues occur in the stands randomly. I updated the crowd files but still seems to be issues.

Last edited by antdroid; 03-07-2016 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #75
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

If you extract the uis_trph.dat file, you can open it in Console Texture Explorer each individual file.

Looks like offset is 48 / palette offset of 16448 / 128 x 128 / psp swizzle / 8 bpp

It works across each file I've tested in that set.

Going to try other files now!

Last edited by antdroid; 03-07-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow! Nice work! I've only been on 10 because it performs well on my phone with ppsspp. But my tablet is much better so I'll try 07 on it with some of the tricks you mentioned

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #77
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

stadium modding is semi working. I still get random clipping.

I am still trying out things like changing crowd graphics, palettes, and other things.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

That's very promising. My update just for my own use cases is that my tablet does indeed run 07 smooth as butter but its tougher to carry that around obviously. Still, I will try to import stadiums from 10 into 07 and see if i get the itch to switch to 07 for my dynasty stuff. Once I feel like I'm in a groove I still want to start that dynasty and blog about it like you do on your excellent site, minotauri.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:55 PM   #79
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
That's very promising. My update just for my own use cases is that my tablet does indeed run 07 smooth as butter but its tougher to carry that around obviously. Still, I will try to import stadiums from 10 into 07 and see if i get the itch to switch to 07 for my dynasty stuff. Once I feel like I'm in a groove I still want to start that dynasty and blog about it like you do on your excellent site, minotauri.
Yea. I havent been doing a great job blogging about my dynasties and franchises lately -- been focusing more on editing on my site. Lots of fun discoveries and techniques this week on graphics which should translate for both psp and ps2 using Console Texture Explorer and an advanced Hex Editor.

I don't know where else to go with the stadium importing right now. Something is causing the stadium stands to clip every once in a while and it might be related to the *.o *.ord and *.orl files. These files, as I understand them, are the 3D model files. There was an editor created for PC versions of NBA Live and Need for Speed, but it doesn't load up PSP and PS2 files.

Opening it up in a hex editor shows a lot of garbledyness but it does show some stuff which is readable such as the texture files and their sizes.

After seeing the stadiums in PSP 10 though, they do bring a lot of "atmosphere" to the game, but I still don't like the gameplay and lack of broadcast style presentation as much as 07.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:38 AM   #80
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Here's the selection screen uniforms... UIS_TMJER
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 10.36.44 PM.png (240.6 KB, 42 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »