Home

2016/2017 Rosters (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on 2016/2017 Rosters (Xbox 360) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #33
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2016/2017 Rosters (Xbox 360)

Yeah, I figure Franks, Appleby, and Del Rio will all be between 75-80. Treon will be a middling WR.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:58 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im working on Alabama but I cannot do duplicate #'s as Modio3 does not work anymore with DBEditor. Im using LSU's roster right now to edit off of though... not sure if you have one already out there
Old 02-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #35
Rookie

I really appreciate what you're doing here. I've been playing with your roster for a few days and even though you're months from being done I still love it. However, I do have a few questions. 1) Will you be editing coaches? 2) Will you continue to edit rosters once the season starts? And 3) Would you be willing to listen to a few suggestions I have for your roster? As a Ducks fan I really only care about their roster, and any suggestions I have for you would be unbiased. Would you listen? It's okay if you aren't doing any of this, I still really appreciate it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 11:44 PM   #36
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckboy2001
I really appreciate what you're doing here. I've been playing with your roster for a few days and even though you're months from being done I still love it. However, I do have a few questions. 1) Will you be editing coaches? 2) Will you continue to edit rosters once the season starts? And 3) Would you be willing to listen to a few suggestions I have for your roster? As a Ducks fan I really only care about their roster, and any suggestions I have for you would be unbiased. Would you listen? It's okay if you aren't doing any of this, I still really appreciate it!
No problem dude, and absolutely, I would love to hear your suggestions. Just know that the roster file that you're playing with is pretty outdated (I forgot that I uploaded it tbh). I've updated Oregon since then (just today actually) so some changes may already have been made. With that in mind, fire away.

EDIT: And yes, I will be editing coaches. Yes, I will continue editing throughout the season.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 02-17-2016, 09:32 AM   #37
Rookie

Cool, so I don't know what you've already changed since signing day, and so I'm sure you've already made some of these edits. Four guys on that roster are not on Oregon any more; Vavae Malepai, Morgan Mahalak, Thomas Tyner, and Glen Ihenacho. Also ratingswise I would lower Jeff Lockie and Doug Brenner (probably awareness) and boost Kani Benoit, Terry Wilson, as well as Rex Manu. I suggest just raising them all around, but you definitely know more than me about this roster, so do what you think. I'd also lower their offensive line. Yesterday I was playing practice and just for fun I sat in the pocket against a four man blitz and I timed eight seconds before the defense got to me. The O-line isn't that good. If you could update the roster soon even though it isn't near perfection I would still appreciate it. Thanks again for doing this!
Old 02-17-2016, 12:07 PM   #38
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckboy2001
Cool, so I don't know what you've already changed since signing day, and so I'm sure you've already made some of these edits. Four guys on that roster are not on Oregon any more; Vavae Malepai, Morgan Mahalak, Thomas Tyner, and Glen Ihenacho. Also ratingswise I would lower Jeff Lockie and Doug Brenner (probably awareness) and boost Kani Benoit, Terry Wilson, as well as Rex Manu. I suggest just raising them all around, but you definitely know more than me about this roster, so do what you think. I'd also lower their offensive line. Yesterday I was playing practice and just for fun I sat in the pocket against a four man blitz and I timed eight seconds before the defense got to me. The O-line isn't that good. If you could update the roster soon even though it isn't near perfection I would still appreciate it. Thanks again for doing this!
Thanks for the suggestions man! I have already gotten rid of Malepai, Mahalak, Tyner, and Ihenacho (I replaced them with Cam McCormmick, Taylor Alie, Calvin Throckmorton, and AJ Hotckins) and I actually did lower Lockie. He's a tough case because he has so much experience in the system (thereby warranting a decent AWR rating) but he is so limited physically and has not put it all together. I have him at a 79 OVR now.

I just moved Brenner to guard because that is where I think he will end up. Ironically, he had a very productive game in the Alamo Bowl as far as blocking is concerned and he is one of the strongest guys on the team. He just can't seem to snap the ball lol. I have him backing up Voeller, but the way UO rotates lineman, expect him to crack the starting lineup a few times a game. The centers are now Jake Hanson (presumed starter) and Zach Okun. I'm not sure if I'll add the Dayton transfer or not. I know we didn't bring him in to ride the bench, but I could only realistically see him replacing Pisirack as Crosby, Voeller, Hunt, and Hanson seem to have their jobs locked up. As for the Oline ratings, I kept them the way that they are. Crosby will be one of the best Tackles in the country this season (I have him as a 94 OVR now) and Hunt had a very good season last year. Voeller might be a little high, but I'm banking on Greatwood's ability to develop talent and Voeller is one of Oregon's more talented linemen. Pisirack has been here forever it seems like but hasn't progressed enough to crack the starting lineup. If anyone is due for a ratings decrease, it is either him or Hanson whom we just don't know too much about right now. I think the bigger issue might be your sliders though as none of the lineman have a substantially high pass block rating besides Crosby and Hunt.

Kani Benoit is another guy who is a hard worker, but is really limited athletically. He just has a low ceiling so it is hard for me to warrant a ratings increase for him. He runs really hard, but it's tough to simulate that in the game. Rex Manu seems like he could be a breakout guy in Hoke's system, but he's barely been on the field so it's more of a "wait and see" approach right now. I do like the staff's ability to develop front 4 guys though. (See Wade Kelikiipi, Taylor Hart, Deforest Buckner, Arik Armstead, and even Alex Balducci).

I have a system for freshmen so until Wilson plays, his rating will remain the same.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 02-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #39
Rookie

Okay, I agree with everything you say. I've heard Morgan (the Dayton transfer) could make an impact right away. I couldn't imagine him transferring as a senior if he isn't going to play a ton, if not start. I do disagree with your points about Crosby and Benoit however. I think Crosby (at least last year, I'm sure he's improved like you said) but he seemed to be penalized a lot. Maybe I was just noticing when he did it over when other players did it because I was pretty excited about him, but I don't know. Would that warrant lowering his awareness? Also, I firmly believe that Benoit will be the number 2 back on the team. I think his ceiling is higher than you say, and because he is a hard worker I'm sure he will improve over the offseason. Anyways, this really is great what you're doing. If you could upload this roster some time before the weekend I would love to play with them. One last thing: you were right, my sliders were all on fifty making the pass blocking more unrealistic. Thanks again!
Old 02-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #40
Rookie

A couple of questions.

What programs do you use to do the editing?

Is it easier/quicker than doing it on the actual 360?

The reason I ask is, I am out of work recovering from back surgery for at least another month most likely. I could help with this, but all I've ever done is edit in game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »