Home

NCAA Football PS2 :: 2017-18 Rosters & Mods Project

This is a discussion on NCAA Football PS2 :: 2017-18 Rosters & Mods Project within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #65
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football PS2 :: 2017-18 Rosters & Mods Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggerUcanes
Where could I find out what type of USB drive I nee to use with Action Replay Max?
I think you need any Fat formated usb flash drive. But I do not have one and cant confirm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #66
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowguy13
dynasty mod
Again, I put a new file already. Did you look at the original Post?
Old 12-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #67
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatprint
So is there a way to do this with the physical game? Or only with Mac emulators and that ilk? I'm none too mod-savvy but would love to use the rosters on the game, but not really understanding the steps as to how to implement them.
Yes its possible with the actual game and actual console. Once you have the right tools, its not too hard, but getting there would be a challenge. Action ReplayMAX is the easiest way though I do not have it and have heard it doesnt play well with newer Windows systems.

I have used Free MC Boot which is a mod you do to a PS2 Memory card that enables the use of a file manager (among other things). This lets you then transfer files from the PS2 usb port to the memory card. Thats the easiest.

Finally, and hopefully dont get in trouble with the mods here, the emulator path is by far the easiest and best looking way. They've come a long way and it works great now and looks fantastic. In that case, you would use MyMC to add/remove files from your memory card file. It's a little more challenging on Mac but it works as well. When I had a mac, I used virtual box and/or Wine a lot to make some of the windows apps run on mac.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #68
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
I think you need any Fat formated usb flash drive. But I do not have one and cant confirm.
It has to be fat formatted but also the capacity needs to be below 8 GB I believe. I had to download a free software that allowed me to optimize my 32 GB stick down to 8 GB. Formatting it through Windows did not work and the only way I could get it to work was using this software.

I'll try to find the link I used. But it took me a day of searching to make my modern USB compatible with the PS2 AR.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:53 PM   #69
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

This link helped me get my AR/USB working:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t265307...ps2_read_saves
Old 12-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #70
Rookie

I use Action Replay Max and bought a ONN 16GB usb 2.0 flash drive at Walmart and it seemed to work. I said, seemed to work because it would not load up the roster file, but I think that is because i have the '04 game. I see that the '04 and '05 versions don't work. I need to pick up a newer version. I want to be sure I can update rosters as long as possible. Would you guys recommend the '06 version (I see this is what Minotauri used as the base) or would you recommend the '10, '11 or other versions. Thanks, in advance for any input!
Old 12-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #71
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeal
I use Action Replay Max and bought a ONN 16GB usb 2.0 flash drive at Walmart and it seemed to work. I said, seemed to work because it would not load up the roster file, but I think that is because i have the '04 game. I see that the '04 and '05 versions don't work. I need to pick up a newer version. I want to be sure I can update rosters as long as possible. Would you guys recommend the '06 version (I see this is what Minotauri used as the base) or would you recommend the '10, '11 or other versions. Thanks, in advance for any input!
06 is my favorite. 11 would be the next choice but hardest to find.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #72
Rookie

Thanks Min,

I appreciate the insight. You are certainly the roster update guru so it is great to know your preferences. I found a '11 version a couple of weeks back and am kicking myself for not picking it up at the time as it is gone now. I'll probably look to score an '06 copy and update those rosters with your updates.
Only sorry I didn't get it done during the regular season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »