Home

Duplicate Player ID's

This is a discussion on Duplicate Player ID's within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Duplicate Player ID's

I’m stuck out of town until Sunday - I’ll upload it when I get home.

Last edited by GAMEBREAKER85; 08-23-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #18
Rookie

DYNASTY-UNEDIT.zip

TARHEEL - I think I got it to upload on here who knows, never have done it before.

This is the unedited version - everything appears fine on your 360; you get the duplicate exception in the editor and after you delete the players under the New teams tab on the madden editor, players start to go AWOL. Especially for Alabama and Air Force.

***Work Around?
So instead of deleting the players in the "New" Tab I gave them all a NEW POID (ID). I think there were 49ish??? - Gave them a new ID, it loaded in the Editor fine and actually running on my xbox currently. The only downfall so far is those 49 players are still showing up on the player tabs such as PLAYER INFO, PLAYER UNKNOWNS & PLAYER STATS but they are not on a team (1023). I'm currently simulating a season to see what the game and editor does with them. Fingers Crossed. Hopefully with their "Types" still at 3 they get deleted.

*The simulation made it through the season; did freeze in the following season's Recruiting Phase.
The amount of duplicate IDs in the next season is insane, I don't know if I even want to mess with it. This game is unplayable without the use of the dynasty editor. The players that I gave a new ID number were still on the "game" the following season taking up ID's or even being duplicated again. Sigh.

Last edited by GAMEBREAKER85; 08-23-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:39 PM   #19
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85
Attachment 182274

TARHEEL - I think I got it to upload on here who knows, never have done it before.

This is the unedited version - everything appears fine on your 360; you get the duplicate exception in the editor and after you delete the players under the New teams tab on the madden editor, players start to go AWOL. Especially for Alabama and Air Force.

***Work Around?
So instead of deleting the players in the "New" Tab I gave them all a NEW POID (ID). I think there were 49ish??? - Gave them a new ID, it loaded in the Editor fine and actually running on my xbox currently. The only downfall so far is those 49 players are still showing up on the player tabs such as PLAYER INFO, PLAYER UNKNOWNS & PLAYER STATS but they are not on a team (1023). I'm currently simulating a season to see what the game and editor does with them. Fingers Crossed. Hopefully with their "Types" still at 3 they get deleted.

*The simulation made it through the season; did freeze in the following season's Recruiting Phase.
The amount of duplicate IDs in the next season is insane, I don't know if I even want to mess with it. This game is unplayable without the use of the dynasty editor. The players that I gave a new ID number were still on the "game" the following season taking up ID's or even being duplicated again. Sigh.
I'll just throw this out there as a way to combat the duplicate numbers issues. I do a lot of fictional rosters where I will simulate dynasties all the way up to year six so that all of the stock players are removed from the game and the rosters are filled with generated recruits. A new fool proof step I've taken after I get rid of the duplicates is this:

1) I get a stock no name, unedited roster from the game and save it. Load it in Horizon/Modio and save it so it can be loaded into the editor. Load it in the editor and export to a CSV.

2) Load my dynasty roster into the editor and export to CSV.

3) Open up both CSV's and go to the POID column and sort from smallest to largest. Then copy the POID's from the stock roster to your edited roster. This cut's out the need for me to assign new Player ID numbers and they are guaranteed to work because they are the original stock Player ID's. I also do this for coaches as well because their ID #'s duplicate as well.

Every time I have done this it has worked like a charm and has saved a whole lot of time as well. I'll take a look at your file and see what's up.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #20
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Gamebreaker try this file and see if there is any difference.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gamebreaker Roster.zip (3.27 MB, 5 views)
Old 08-24-2020, 05:46 PM   #21
Rookie

No Bueno my friend -

Fatal Exception loading into the editor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2020, 07:39 PM   #22
Rookie

Is there a secret to importing the csv? I can get it to export the rosters but never can get it imported. The other day I tried deleting the columns of the duplicated players and shifting the. Columns back up so there would be no blanks but I couldn’t get it to import to see the effect.

When I was on my Madden12 kick the last couple years it was pretty simple to get things exported and then imported.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:05 PM   #23
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

If you change the size of the table in the csv, the editor will not import the csv and overwrite the file.

I've tried adding and deleting rows in Excel, saved the csv, and tried to importing it into my dynasty. It has never worked for me. If I keep the table the same size, I am able to import the csv.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:57 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Whenever you use the Madden Reader to make in edits on an NCAA 14 file, you will have to use the Hex Editor(HxD) to make a change to the edited file so that it won't be corrupted. What you'll need is:

1) HxD editor.
2) An unedited version of the file that you are editing
3) Your edited file.

You will need to open both in HxD. You will notice that the second line on your unedited file is different from the second line on your edited file. You will need to copy the second line from your unedited file and Paste Write it onto the second line of your edited file and save. Once you do that and then Save/Rehash the file using Modio or Horizon, then you should be able to load the file back into the game.

If you're not familiar with any of this, here is a thread that you can check out right here...

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ncaa-14-a.html
Im a bit confused with this step, do you put it into HxD after you are completely done modding, or after you are done with the Madden editor? Also does the file you are copying the first couple lines from have to be decrypted and untouched or not decrypted at all?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »