Home

Bill Abner's All-American Sliders

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's All-American Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Bill Abner's All-American Sliders

Bill,

Haven't had much time to work on these. I don't want to get into testing too much. That seems to be the quickest way to kill all the fun.

However, with your latest sliders.

- Too many drops to open receivers.
- Still too easy to run. I think you need to drop RB ability and leave RB blocking around default.

I know this is trying to find the holy grail, but I think the game should be geared toward 50/50 one on one chances fof either the CPU and Hum player. More double and triple coverage should not be that successful.

With your sliders geared to less run blocking, it seems that the defense is in the backfield too fast. With better NCAA blocking, the blocking is more like a push than a hold. They still hold but its not like that past. Big plays should be possible but not a feast or famine type of thing.

I'll post more thought later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #26
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Bill if the running stats are hi for both user/AI, why don't we just turn the Running ability down to like 15% for both user and AI, and leave the run blocking at 30%, do you think may work out. And if the passing seems to easy, why don't we just rase the AI/D-awareness to like 90.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Bill if the running stats are hi for both user/AI, why don't we just turn the Running ability down to like 15% for both user and AI, and leave the run blocking at 30%, do you think may work out. And if the passing seems to easy, why don't we just rase the AI/D-awareness to like 90.
Oh sure go ahead and say what I really mean.

Exactly what I was trying to say. I left blocking at default. Don't put RB ability too low or you kill breakaway speed.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #28
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Because:

Lowering run ability slows down the player with the ball, which is silly IMO. Put that slider at 15% and watch how slow the HB is and how slow a WR is after the catch.

On AA lvl the Awareness slider will not stop the lob pass assault. AA lvl, IMO, has DB issues on deep passes that no set of sliders can fix.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-09-2005, 11:54 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Because:

Lowering run ability slows down the player with the ball, which is silly IMO. Put that slider at 15% and watch how slow the HB is and how slow a WR is after the catch.

On AA lvl the Awareness slider will not stop the lob pass assault. AA lvl, IMO, has DB issues on deep passes that no set of sliders can fix.
Bill,

It seems that offense players have an advantage this year. I'll post my sliders later but I have RB ability at 25-30 can't remember. However, I have broken a long run and the speed was more realistic.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:34 PM   #30
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Just like FF, last night I went back to AA lvl and it's where I am going to stay. As I ride off into the Slider Sunset, this is the scheme I am using for my Dynasty. I started an Akron Dynasty last night and lost to Baylor 35-17; I threw 2 picks, both of which led to Baylor scores, which ended up being the difference in the game. Akron's defense is not very good, which I learned last night.

Stats were:
Akron QB: 13/30 202 yds 0/2. (I was 13/25 but was forced to pass late and started to pile up incompletions)
Baylor: 18/30 245 2/1
Akron HB: 17/108
Baylor: 23/169 (he broke a 60 yarder which skews this a bit)

Codes:
Offense: FNXtEHc2
Defense: sTBfBPp3
ST: See Below

I switch back to Heisman lvl when kicking FGs because I feel it's too easy to kick on AA. I also advise switching to Heisman when kicking to the CPU otherwise it will never return the ball well against you.

Slider numbers:

Human O

Human D

Off CPU

DEF CPU

These sliders are heavily favored for the CPU so if you are playing on AA lvl and enjoying it, there's no reason to switch to these. I have a house rule that allows me to throw a fly pattern only 4 times per game (unless I need a Hail Mary). In my Baylor game I threw 4 deep streaks and 1 was grabbed for 48 yds, 1 was incomplete, 1 was picked off, and the other the CB was flaggeed for PI. If you feel the deep passing is fine in the game, ignore this and let 'er fly.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-11-2005, 02:52 PM   #31
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
OK here's the deal, guys. I'm REALLY going to try to stick to some kind of AA game even if I have to go the House Rules route. I cannot play on Heisman and remove the possibilty of a kick or punt return changing the momentum of a game. I also think the running game (CPU) on Heisman is total BS.
Bill,

I've taken 5 punts back for TDs on Heisman in the last 2 dynasty games alone.

It is possible. Give it a chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #32
Banned

LSUFan2004's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
OK here's the deal, guys. I'm REALLY going to try to stick to some kind of AA game even if I have to go the House Rules route. I cannot play on Heisman and remove the possibilty of a kick or punt return changing the momentum of a game. I also think the running game (CPU) on Heisman is total BS.

So I went back to my old slider method of starting over and using a drastic set of initial sliders to see just how much they would affect the game. I have been in practice mode trying to get the deep passes to be less effective while also reducing the ground game as well. I ran 20 play action passes (deep balls) to Ted Ginn who was covered by the Miami (OH) secondary and I completed 6 of 20 of them. I ran more deep passes from the shotgun against a base Cover-2 and I was able to hit 4/20 to Santonio Holmes. Here is what I am finding in my practice tests. Double coverage I have working VERY well. If you can get single coverage and get the ball deep then you have a fair chance (50/50) of completing it. I think as long as you don't abuse this, we'll be fine in that regard.

The running game I think is better but I had to make some drastic changes to get it working. It's not perfect but the CPu can stuff me as well as allow me some room so there's a decent mix, at least in practice mode.

I have not played a full game with these sliders but if you want to help test them, the sliders are:

AA
8 min Quarters
Human Off

Human D

CPU Off

CPU D

Any feedback is appreciated. I wont be able to play these in-game til tonight.

what are the codes for these?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »