Home

Bill's Heisman Sliders and House Rules

This is a discussion on Bill's Heisman Sliders and House Rules within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #25
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Bill's Heisman Sliders and House Rules

I'm almost ready to give up on this game already I just can't make the passing game hard no matter what I do. After seeing the QB statbug I'm furious. That's the one thing that EA continually is a leader in is stats. Yeah, I'm a hardcore sim guy, what can I say?!?!?! Perhaps I'm too much of a perfectionist now. I'm going to keep working on it, but I've got this empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2005, 03:22 PM   #26
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7

Sounds to me like this year's version isn't much better than last year's. Those that have the game is it worth the upgrade or the time and trouble to invest in the right slider combo? Once the newness wears off i'm afraid people will be just as disatisfied as last year. Hope I'm wrong however
Old 07-10-2005, 03:32 PM   #27
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
I'm almost ready to give up on this game already I just can't make the passing game hard no matter what I do. After seeing the QB statbug I'm furious. That's the one thing that EA continually is a leader in is stats. Yeah, I'm a hardcore sim guy, what can I say?!?!?! Perhaps I'm too much of a perfectionist now. I'm going to keep working on it, but I've got this empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.
penguit, what QB stat bug? I haven't touched Dynasty mode yet...

I assume you tried the updated Heisman sliders? Was it still too easy to pass? What teams are you using and what pass play is it? Just streaks or everything in general?

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
I have waved goodbye to All American Level (sort of). Most of my afternoon and evening was spent testing Heisman stuff. I must preface this by saying I used AA's Heisman sliders as a general base then tweaked from there.

First off, the house rules.

1) Limit the number of fly patterns.

No matter what you do, it is still a bit too easy to complete the 50 yard streak to a WR that has 1-1 coverage. The sliders have more or less solved the "catch it in triple coverage" issue that is in AA, but 1-1 coverage is still doom for a DB. It's not a 100% certainty that you will complete a bomb when you throw one, but it's a bit too easy. Use your best judgement here; just don't sit back and chuck 40 yard bombs at will. In other words, call a realistic game for the best results. This is not a "money play" just one that is easier to complete than it should be.

2) Switch levels for kicks.

Sounds like a pain but takes less than 3 seconds to do. I switch back to All American when I am returning punts or kickoffs. Othr than that, keep it at Heisman. This disables the campus challenge thing but oh well. No pennants for me.

3) Do not forget to set the auto sub levels for your fatigued players. What to set it at is really up to you, but I upped mine to 75% out 85% in (although this may get changed again).

I played a couple of games on Heisman today and here's the stats from the one I just wrapped up with OSU (me) avs Miami (OH) at The Shoe.

OSU 42
Miami (OH) 21

This was a really good game til the 4th quarter when I scored 21 points to bust it open. The INT return by AJ Hawk for a TD helped, too

QBs
Smith: 12/22 221 yds 0/2 (INTs were both my fault)
Betts 21/38 238 3/3

HBs
Pittman 24/100
Haw 5/20

Murphy 10/29 (I am very cool with this; Miami should struggle bigtime to run on OSU)

WRs
Ginn 3/59
Holmes 3/71

Robinson 7/70
Nance 5/54

I think I threw deep (30+ yards) 4 times in the game, 2 were complete (one went for 54 to Holmes).

Here's the slider set for the above game:

(Updated 7/10 11AM ET)

Human Off

Human D

CPU Off

CPU D

Yes, a 99 Interception setting. Don't throw into coverage. This is there to help prevent 3 DBs who are converging on the ball to play hot potato with it.

Anyway, this is what I am using for the time being, and I have had 3 very good games using this set up. (Thanks to the house rule I had Ginn break a PR for a TD in this game to help seal it. No way can I do that on Heisman)

You can still abuse the game via the deep passes if you choose to do it, which is really a fault with this year's game more than it is any one set of sliders. But if you can have a little discipline and call a realistic game you can get some very good results with it.
Do you have the code for these settings?
Old 07-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #29
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Hokie
Don't take me too personal . Your settings have helped me get a start on my settings for the past two years. I have not gotten this game yet but I already know what level I want to play on and I have already made some sliders off of yours. This worked for me last year too as strange as it sounds. Bill just remember that the pass rush is a huge part of football and if you have too much time to pass any qb will look great.
Oh, no, I didn't take it that way at all. I think you may have a point about the pass rush, though.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #30
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

The bug is in simulated stats. If I wasn't such a hardcore nut, it'd be no big deal. 20+ QBs end the season with over 70% completion percentage. That effects their stats the next year.

I've tried out the sliders and they're definately improving most everything. I seem to be able to pick apart defenses at will with the pass. I think it's just from playing the game for some many years and just knowing all the pass plays. I know wha the AI will do on each and every pass play, and I know how to diagnose who will be open. I can right away when I walk up to the line where I'm probably throwing the ball.

I've tried 2 top 10 teams against each other, 2 equally matched teams that are all B's. I've tried even having a poor opponent vs. a top 10 team, though I will say I had much less success there.

I just seem to know where to go each play, you know what I mean at all? Your sliders are awesome for the run. It definately makes running challenging ! And well, returning kicks is hard too... LOL.

One that REALLY chaps my hide is the impact players. If they're flashing and you do a move and it goes into impact mode, you can guarantee an 8-15 yard run, hands down. I don't like that at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
penguit, what QB stat bug? I haven't touched Dynasty mode yet...

I assume you tried the updated Heisman sliders? Was it still too easy to pass? What teams are you using and what pass play is it? Just streaks or everything in general?
Old 07-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
The bug is in simulated stats. If I wasn't such a hardcore nut, it'd be no big deal. 20+ QBs end the season with over 70% completion percentage. That effects their stats the next year.

I've tried out the sliders and they're definately improving most everything. I seem to be able to pick apart defenses at will with the pass. I think it's just from playing the game for some many years and just knowing all the pass plays. I know wha the AI will do on each and every pass play, and I know how to diagnose who will be open. I can right away when I walk up to the line where I'm probably throwing the ball.

I've tried 2 top 10 teams against each other, 2 equally matched teams that are all B's. I've tried even having a poor opponent vs. a top 10 team, though I will say I had much less success there.

I just seem to know where to go each play, you know what I mean at all? Your sliders are awesome for the run. It definately makes running challenging ! And well, returning kicks is hard too... LOL.

One that REALLY chaps my hide is the impact players. If they're flashing and you do a move and it goes into impact mode, you can guarantee an 8-15 yard run, hands down. I don't like that at all!
penguit it comes down to the pass rush. You guys have made it too easy on the qbs when it comes time to pass the ball. You guys did this last year too with your sliders. You guys eventually end up making the game too easy for yourselves. Any qb can be effective when he has too much time to pass. Three seconds is the norm in real life. Good offensive lines can hold four to five seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #32
MVP

XboxRocks1991's Arena

OVR: 14

whats the code???

AIM-NextGenHotShot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »