Home

Old 07-16-2005, 11:19 PM   #9
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Knockdown Slider

Wait a sec...

I thought Knockdowns affected how fast the CPU defender converged to the ball after it was thrown? You guys are saying it just means they'll knock the ball down instead of catching it?
Old 07-17-2005, 12:46 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
Wait a sec...

I thought Knockdowns affected how fast the CPU defender converged to the ball after it was thrown? You guys are saying it just means they'll knock the ball down instead of catching it?
The description says it's how well defenders "play the ball". That could be interpreted many different ways. "Playing the ball" can mean how well a DB swats at it when locked to a receiver, but it could also mean how well they converge on the ball once it's thrown. Both of those instances would be considered "playing the ball", so for me, the debate rages on....
Old 07-17-2005, 01:11 AM   #11
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

There is no debate. The knockdown slider does what it says it does. It affects how well the DB plays the ball. Exactly that, nothing more, nothing less. The DB could be a LB or a lineman, its how the players play the ball. It's quite obvious as you turn this slider up to see the players begin to converge on the ball quicker and swat more balls down as well. As you increase the awareness level and the knockdown level, the DB's play quite good defense! I'm very satisfied with my Defense AI with my sliders I have worked on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 01:52 AM   #12
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Too bad that DB's, even with Knockdowns at 100, can't raise their arms above their damn heads or even leave the ground in order to attempt to knockdown a pass.
maybe there is just somthing wrong with your game cause the DB's jump in my game and knockdown a lot of ball's down.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-17-2005, 02:27 AM   #13
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm with you FF, I don't have a problem with that at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »