Home

Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2005, 04:31 PM   #105
Pro

taruncheel's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders

Playmakers,

I am looking forward to your modifications. I have been trying your slider sets and enjoy your Heisman set. I still get handled by the top teams, but I am enjoying the game. I have had some good games using Ohio St. I was able to beat Iowa, but did get beat by San Jose St. The running game works very well for me. I can get 3-4 yards per carry on average. What I like about this game is that 4th and inches is not always a given anymore. Looking forward to your tweaks! Thanks for your hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

OK here's my Final Heisman sliders. I stepped up the RBA on both sides so fair is only fair in my opinion. In other words I tried to keep the CPU at mostly the same settings that the Human player will be using and still make them effective. I didn't inflate any skill position players for either side so if guy's are getting beat in the air or killed by a RB it's not because their settings are maxed out.

These are simple user friendly Heisman sliders. I went in a different direction for the CPU's pass defense. I think the deep ball is very important in college football but their should be consequences if you just take shots in double coverage. So, pick your spots carefully and you'll be ok. Some guy's will struggle at first but once you get the idea of why went in this direction hopefully you'll understand later. I used the same formula so most things will mirror my initial Heisman set. Please take the time to read the comments by a setting it gives helpful hints. THe CPU's OL/DL can be very powerful on Heisman so read the Comments next to each setting.

One quick note on the CPU DEF AWR which can be set at 35, 50 or 65 depending on your Heisman skill level. I think 35 is just fine personally if you go up or down on things 5-10% it usually solves problems. But back to the point I wanted to mention. IF you increase the CPU's AWR make sure you keep KDWN and INT Sliders balanced. They should add up to 50% combined together. Example:

KDWN-35
INT-15

KDWN-5
INT-45

Those are just examples you can tinker with them based on your gameplay style. But a combination of 50% is high enough because neither QB has some crazy 75-90% QBA setting. The WR's are at their natural settings 50% so trust me they will catch the ball on both sides if you balance the KDWN both of those sliders out right. I'm always open to helping guy's cater to their style so if you have any questions because you don't want to upset the balance of the Sliders let me know. This Sliders are considered Level 3 play because most of you know I have 2 sets of AA Sliders in my AA thread.

7-9 Minute QTR's
All Penalties Maxed accept Unsportsmanlike-60% & Face Mask-60%

PLAYMAKERS HEISMAN SET (LEVEL 3)

QBA-25/25...........(Step up set your feet and you'll hit guy's)
PASS BLK-60/15....(U can go up or down 5-10% for either side)
WR CATCH-50/50..(If you see some heavy drops check their ratings 1st)
RBA-35/35...........(If the CPU is killing U lower him back to 25)
RUN BLK-60/5.......(U can go up or down 5-10% for both Human/CPU)

DEF AWR-25/35.....(U CAN ALSO ASSIGN THE CPU A 50 OR 65 AWR)
KDWN-25/10.........(U can set Human to 35 but you must lower INT to 15)
INT-25/40............(U can set CPU to 50 for extreme difficulty throwing deep)
BRK BLK-75/15......(U can go up or down 5-10% for either side)
TKL-75/75............(U can go up or down 5-10% for either side)

FGL-45/45
FGA-60/40
PNTL-50/45
PNTA-60/50
KOL-45/45

The kick meter is fast on Heisman so I don't expect everyone to use these settings.

Link to all 4 Levels of Sliders
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...02#post1787602

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-09-2005 at 03:35 AM.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:33 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 4

playmaker could u please give a link to the two final AA sets. thanks! and i want the link to the sets that u suggest the majority of ncaa players out there too use not the ones with ur changes on them please.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:49 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roonoc
playmaker could u please give a link to the two final AA sets. thanks! and i want the link to the sets that u suggest the majority of ncaa players out there too use not the ones with ur changes on them please.

I went back and provided a Link.

But here you go:

Old 08-06-2005, 06:54 PM   #109
Pro

taruncheel's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
OK here's my Final Heisman sliders. I stepped up the RBA on both sides so fair is only fair in my opinion. In other words I tried to keep the CPU at mostly the same settings that the Human player will be using and still make them effective. I didn't inflate any skill position players for either side so if guy's are getting beat in the air or killed by a RB it's not because their settings are maxed out.

These are simple user friendly Heisman sliders. I went in a different direction for the CPU's pass defense. I think the deep ball is very important in college football but their should be consequences if you just take shots in double coverage. So, pick your spots carefully and you'll be ok. Some guy's will struggle at first but once you get the idea of why went in this direction hopefully you'll understand later. I used the same formula so most things will mirror my initial Heisman set. Please take the time to read the comments by a setting it gives helpful hints. THe CPU's OL/DL can be very powerful on Heisman so read the Comments next to each setting.

One quick note on the CPU DEF AWR which can be set at 35, 50 or 65 depending on your Heisman skill level. I think 35 is just fine personally if you go up or down on things 5-10% it usually solves problems. But back to the point I wanted to mention. IF you increase the CPU's AWR make sure you keep KDWN and INT Sliders balanced. They should add up to 50% combined together. Example:

KDWN-35
INT-15

KDWN-5
INT-45

Those are just examples you can tinker with them based on your gameplay style. But a combination of 50% is high enough because neither QB has some crazy 75-90% QBA setting. The WR's are at their natural settings 50% so trust me they will catch the ball on both sides if you balance the KDWN both of those sliders out right. I'm always open to helping guy's cater to their style so if you have any questions because you don't want to upset the balance of the Sliders let me know. This Sliders are considered Level 3 play because most of you know I have 2 sets of AA Sliders in my AA thread.

7-9 Minute QTR's

FGL-45/45
FGA-60/40
PNTL-50/45
PNTA-60/50
KOL-45/45

The kick meter is fast on Heisman so I don't expect everyone to use these settings.

Link to all 3 Levels of Sliders
Playmakers,

Thanks for the update. Have a question for you. Why did you lower the knockdown and increase the ints? When I had the CPU INT at 10 they were picking me off sometimes 3 times a game. Just curious. Also for SP Teams, these are the sliders I am using and they are working good.

Hum/CPU

FGL 40/30
FGA 55/40
PL 40/40
PA 55/50
KOL 45/40

Not much different from yours, but the CPU was still able to hit consistently from 50 with the FGL at 40. I'm going to give some of your changes a try. Thanks again for your hard work.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #110
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

KDWN-35
INT-15

KDWN-5
INT-45

7-9 Minute QTR's

FGL-45/45
FGA-60/40
PNTL-50/45
PNTA-60/50
KOL-45/45

Link to all 4 Levels of Sliders
Can you provide the code for these sliders?

Pardon my laziness, but it's much easier to punch in those few characters than it is to change each item.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 14

I'll say that the kicking part is way off because at 50, HUM and CPU can easily kick 50+ field goals with 80 rated kickers or even lower if the wind is involved.

30-35 in Kicking Length is more reasonable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 01:14 AM   #112
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

I've given up on these sliders. No matter what you do, this level is cheese. I think things are better on AA if you tweak the sliders to make it more competitive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »