Home

** TheGamingChef's Heisman Sliders (XBOX/PS2) **

This is a discussion on ** TheGamingChef's Heisman Sliders (XBOX/PS2) ** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: ** TheGamingChef's Heisman Sliders (XBOX/PS2) **

pretty constructive ha ha.

Um... these sliders are such a mixed bag for me. I like the QB acc one second then hate it the next. I like that when my feet aren't set i'll probably sail a few passes. But then I hate that when I'm set throwing a square out with Chris Leak, he over shoots my reciever by 10 yards.

The running game is so inconsistent. Its either 4 yard loss or 12 yard gain it seems... I just dont know what to make of this years game. It just feels bad. I have to play on heismen because the other levels have terrible CPU playcalling, But on heismen its like they know run or pass every time. I'm yet to see a CPU DB jump on the play action.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:06 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
pretty constructive ha ha.
You're right. I shouldn't have been so harsh. I know the slider guys are trying.
I wish this momentum meter crap didn't exist. Or, at the very least, we had the option to turn it off.
The jump the snap and run games are so unbalanced.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:55 PM   #35
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Here is what I have been using based of these, I am getting nothing close to offensive battles, mostly defensive battles, I am loving the results so far.

Offense
30/40
70/50
45/45
45/50
50/55

Defense
55/65
60/60
20/20
65/25
60/45

I do think I am going to raise human QB Acc though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #36
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
You're right. I shouldn't have been so harsh. I know the slider guys are trying.
I wish this momentum meter crap didn't exist. Or, at the very least, we had the option to turn it off.
The jump the snap and run games are so unbalanced.
Don't worry about it. I've had moments like that as well. If they don't work for you, just adjust them to your liking or use someone else's set, though.

And I agree with you 100% - I really dislike the momentum meter and jump the snap. Jump the snap could be good if the CPU wasn't so great at it and if it didn't knock the O-lineman on his *** every time it said "Great Jump".

UglyOrgan, I'm gonna give your sliders a runthrough. Hopefully I'll find something good there for defense. It's interesting that you're having D battles when your D sliders actually have lower stats then mine, and your running game looks more difficult. Your passing game looks easier though.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
Here is what I have been using based of these, I am getting nothing close to offensive battles, mostly defensive battles, I am loving the results so far.

Offense
30/40
70/50
45/45
45/50
50/55

Defense
55/65
60/60
20/20
65/25
60/45

I do think I am going to raise human QB Acc though.
If you get a chance, can you post your codes for these?
Makes things so much easier.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #38
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Don't worry about it. I've had moments like that as well. If they don't work for you, just adjust them to your liking or use someone else's set, though.

And I agree with you 100% - I really dislike the momentum meter and jump the snap. Jump the snap could be good if the CPU wasn't so great at it and if it didn't knock the O-lineman on his *** every time it said "Great Jump".

UglyOrgan, I'm gonna give your sliders a runthrough. Hopefully I'll find something good there for defense. It's interesting that you're having D battles when your D sliders actually have lower stats then mine, and your running game looks more difficult. Your passing game looks easier though.
I am pretty dedicated to the run, and I still am having trouble getting my passing going on Heisman. I have been playing much better defense also, so those might be factors in my defensive battles.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

TheGamingChef, I tried your sliders last night and I was pleased with the 2 games I played. They actually weren't much different than what I had changed some of mine too. I beat Tennessee in the sec championship with Bama 41-14 but was a closer game than the score, I returned an int for a td and recovered a fumble off a kickoff. I was an idiot and didn't right down the stats but I averaged like 4.9 ypc and tennesee ran the ball for like 130 yards which was a first. I then played a slugfest with WV for the championship and won 20-13 on a 95 yard pass with 40 sec left!!!! This was also the only long pass I completed all night, the 3-3-5 gave me fits I couldn't do anything running the ball (28 carries for -5yds as a team) with Darby having 19 for 39 yards, but I held WV in check and was able to nickle and dime my way for a coupld of scores passing and then hit the big one to win it. So overall I would say I liked the sliders and look forward to seeing them for a full season. Thanks for the hard work
Old 07-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #40
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm 4-3 with these sliders. The only problem is that the 4 games I've won have all been blowouts. It seems like if you get the momentum early the computer can't overcome it. If I get the momentum early on, you can pretty much write the cpu off. My wins have all been like 37-3, 40-10, 47-7, 50-21. Out of the 7 games, only one of them, well two have been close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »