Home

ehh's All-American sliders

This is a discussion on ehh's All-American sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2007, 01:42 AM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
ehh's All-American sliders

These are still in development and have very limited testing, but I'll post v1 tonight. I believe this is only the second time I have ever posted my own sliders on OS, but I think I'm really on to something here.

The main goals are to get the CPU pass defense to act realistic, cut down on CPU turnovers and make the CPU offense lethal enough. Basically, make AA very challenging to avoid jumping to Heisman.

If you have trouble passing the ball or complain about user INT's these probably aren't worth your time. If you feel the CPU is already shredding your defense on AA these probably aren't for you. Also, if you're one of those stat buffs who needs a realistic number of plays or things along those lines then these probably aren't for you either. I have done no testing in that department nor will I. I don't care if there are 130 total plays or 90, as long as the game plays a damn good game of football I'll be happy.

I have only used these in my Penn State dynasty, so I have no idea how they'll play with with crappy teams or the elite teams.

As I've said in a few other threads I have recently figured out the passing game in '08. For whatever it reason it has completely clicked for me. On Jistic's sliders against Iowa I tore up their secondary with Penn State. I believe I was 31-35 for 400+ yards and 6 td's. If you struggle with reading defenses, especially quickly, you probably will want a higher QBA. I have it at 45 right now just so I throw a few off passes to lower my completion percentage.

Some of the current issues that will most likely be addressed in the future:
  • QBA for the computer. They really picked me apart my last game, going 25-31. That opponent was Wisconsin, not exactly a run-n-shoot juggernaut. I did blitz quite a bit though to try and neutralize PJ Hill, but even when I didn't they completed a pass. This might tie into AI Pass Block because it's a good thing that when the CPU has all day in the pocket they eventually find someone open. So if you try these and the QB annihilates you, don't fret because adjustments are probably on the way. Not sure where I'm going to go with this next, I need a few more games.
  • Human running game. I consider myself I pretty darn good runner, but in the time I've used these sliders I can't run to save my life. I'm talking 3.0ypc if I'm lucky, and this wasn't against a stud defense either. It'll be interesting to see how others fare.
  • AI Break Tackle. You might see some high broken tackle numbers, but on AA that maybe the only way for stud RB's to get their yards and do their damage. Your defense will probably get to all RBs in nearly the same amount of time, so the only difference is how many tackles are broken. PJ Hill had 12 broken tackles against me, most were against DB's. Hill finished with 27 carries for 132 yards and 2 td's, realistic for a 92 overall HB, IMO.
One thing I really liked is that the CPU rarely had three-and-outs. Wisconsin had several drives of double-digit plays that really controlled the tempo. With several other slider sets I felt like the CPU would go 3-n-out way too often and I'd get my offense rolling, momentum would build and it'd be a blowout by halftime. For the record, I defeated Wisconsin at home 24-22.

=================================

All-American
7 minute quarters (you can tweak this to your style of play, I usually don't run down the play clock although I hot route and audible a ton)

Human listed first...

Offense
QBA: 45 / 60
PB: 50 / 60
WRC: 50 / 50
RBA: 50 / 70
RB: 50 / 60

Defense
AWR: 25/30
KD: 100/100
INT: 0/0
BB: 50 / 50
Tackle: 50 / 50

Special Teams
35 / 30
35 / 30
50 / 50
40 / 50

* I don't remember the name of each ST slider, but they're in the correct order.

=================================

Good luck and thank you to anyone who tries out my sliders. If they don't fit your playing style hopefully they're provide a base that you can tweak to fit your skill level.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 02:13 AM   #2
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: ehh's All-American sliders

Thanks for posting these ehh.

I am looking for some high-difficulty AA sliders without the heismen cheese. I will give these a shot tonight or tomorrow and let you know how they worked for me.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Def gonna give these a shot. I play 7 min quarters regardless of the stats so thats a good start. I also regularly go 24-26 and 31-34 so I need some added difficulty in that area.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Raise the CPU awareness and I bet your rushing average goes back up. You would think the opposite, but I have been using default 50 for CPU and avg around 4-6 ypc based on the team I play.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
Banned

GoDevilsASU's Arena

OVR: 3

Care to say which system these are for ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Old 07-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #7
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Have the games still been close with these?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:05 AM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

I played one game last night, #6 Penn State (me) at home against #16 Ohio State.

The game was okay, I'm not sure what to make of it. I won 31-17 as their QB struggled quite a bit. Besides that the game played pretty well, Wells had 92 yards on the ground, Robiskie had over 100 yards receiving but their QB killed them. I guess it's not all that unrealistic, this was OSU's first real game of the season (they lost to Akron earlier) and this kid hasn't faced a tough D yet in his college career.

The score was 24-10 late in the third when OSU threw an INT in my endzone, that really changed the game. Williams had 7 rec for 189 yards and 2 td's. As usual no one can stop him in this game. And once again I struggled running the ball, Scott had 19 carries for 68 yards. Morelli finished 21-31, 280 yards, 3 td's.

More testing needed......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »