Home

Heisman Sliders by stewaat

This is a discussion on Heisman Sliders by stewaat within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:08 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Heisman Sliders by stewaat

very strange that you went to these. I tried them and I like your version 1 much better. with these i have balls bouncing off of people's chests and face masks. maybe there is a learning curve with them but i am tending to stick closer to your first set although i am standing bye to see what you do because i enjoyed your first version so much. i am getting a tad frustrated personally trying to get something locked down to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #42
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
very strange that you went to these. I tried them and I like your version 1 much better. with these i have balls bouncing off of people's chests and face masks. maybe there is a learning curve with them but i am tending to stick closer to your first set although i am standing bye to see what you do because i enjoyed your first version so much. i am getting a tad frustrated personally trying to get something locked down to play with.
With my first set here were my problems:
+ My QB was too accurate.
+ I was getting sacked nonstop.
+ I could not get any pressure whatsoever.

With the new sliders here are my problems:
+ I have been fumbling a bit more. Have no idea if it's the sliders or if I'm finally starting to see the fumbles people are talking about.

What are you talking about when you say the balls bounce off people? Are you talking about offense or defense? I have actually dropped passes now and it has been a good thing. Trying to flare one to a FB out of the backfield and it goes off his hands is a nice touch. Having my TE try and do the slide catch where the ball is under thrown and he can't hang on is pretty cool. I have noticed that there have been a couple plays where the ball has hit my defender in the back, but I think that makes it more realistic. If my DB is right on their WR and the QB throws a quick pass and my guy doesn't look back but it right there, then shouldn't it hit it in the back? I wouldn't expect him to turn around and pick it off. I did have 3 INT's vs. Boston College and I believe 2 of them were by the CPU.

Pressure = arrant CPU QB throws + incompletions + interceptions

Old 07-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
With my first set here were my problems:
+ My QB was too accurate.
+ I was getting sacked nonstop.
+ I could not get any pressure whatsoever.

With the new sliders here are my problems:
+ I have been fumbling a bit more. Have no idea if it's the sliders or if I'm finally starting to see the fumbles people are talking about.

What are you talking about when you say the balls bounce off people? Are you talking about offense or defense? I have actually dropped passes now and it has been a good thing. Trying to flare one to a FB out of the backfield and it goes off his hands is a nice touch. Having my TE try and do the slide catch where the ball is under thrown and he can't hang on is pretty cool. I have noticed that there have been a couple plays where the ball has hit my defender in the back, but I think that makes it more realistic. If my DB is right on their WR and the QB throws a quick pass and my guy doesn't look back but it right there, then shouldn't it hit it in the back? I wouldn't expect him to turn around and pick it off. I did have 3 INT's vs. Boston College and I believe 2 of them were by the CPU.

Pressure = arrant CPU QB throws + incompletions + interceptions
I was talking about HUMAN drops but I hear ya. I will give yours anther try. Have you done much against big teams with this? might still be issues on getting pressure and being sacked. Also CPU run game can become pretty good if they get momentum..... very hard to tackle. I will give yours another run later today.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #44
stewaat

OVR:

I user catch a ton...so maybe that's why. If I throw the ball and have time to switch I'm switching.

When tackling, the dive button works best from my experience. Corners can take down big backs with the right angle.

Last edited by stewaat; 07-30-2007 at 08:56 PM.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #45
stewaat

OVR:

I'm up 35-7 over USC in the 2nd quarter.

5 TO's for the Trojans, 0 for me. 3 fumbles and 2 INTs.

One INT was a user pick, the other was an overthrow right at my guy when I had good coverage underneath. They fumbled on their own 3 yard line and I took one fumble back to the house. Jimmy Clausen got knocked out of the game but Demetrius Jones just scrambled for a TD. Armando Allen has 3 rushing TDs in the place of James Aldridge, who was knocked out for a while early.

I'm playing the perfect game right now.

Hopefully I can keep it up and knock off the #1 team in the country. I'm gonna milk every second out of the clock.

It's raining hard by the way, which could've lead to their fumbles. Or the fact that all the momentum is on my side. It's crazy

ANOTHER INT for me! They were driving and threw one over the middle, I took my safety out of deep zone and user pick.

Too quick on that. I just fumbled. They got a FG

Halftime:
Notre Dame 35
#1 USC 10

Some stats:
Jimmy Clausen (ND) : 7-7, 71 yds (out for 1 week)
Armando Allen (ND) : 17 car, 41 yds, 3 TD, FUM
Demtrius Jones (ND) : 3 car, 17 yds, TD
Terrail Lambert (ND) : 2 INT

John David Booty (USC) : 10-17, 140 yds, 3 INT
Stefon Johnson (USC) : 4 car, 38 yds, TD (34-yarder)
Patrick Turner (USC) : 2 rec, 42 yds
Taylor Mays (USC) : 7 tack

Last edited by stewaat; 07-30-2007 at 09:10 PM.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 10:57 PM   #46
stewaat

OVR:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...5&postcount=43

Check that out

Last edited by stewaat; 07-30-2007 at 11:01 PM.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #47
MVP

no offense but your offensive stats in this game seems pretty awful. How do you stand against the nation statistically on offense? i don't want all games determined by defensive scoring. i want offenses to play a roll too. i posted some new sliders that i will be trying out today.

what style of offense do you run? do you run option?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:53 AM   #48
Rookie

fmrodog's Arena

OVR: 6

I was going to try these sliders but after that score (ND v USC), your sliders definetly need adjusting. There is no way USC would go out like that. ND is a good team but not that good. I'm using SN's sliders and I'm getting tough games. Keep chopping away, right away it looks like you need to buff up CPU's running, and pass blocking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »