Home

7 minute Heisman (360)

This is a discussion on 7 minute Heisman (360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2007, 03:02 AM   #9
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 7 minute Heisman (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
Hey man I love the sliders, and do you only control one player on defense?

thanks
I usually stick with a DE or LB as to not screw up coverage but of course will do the "switch to the closest guy" thing when needed....(or when some poor guy is coming acros the middle and not paying attention)...There is something real fun about being all alone as the CB in the flat and knowing you can either make the tackle and be the hero, or miss it and be the goat. The CPU can really make you look stupid.......

glad you like them........I have yet to actually "win" - but I am having a ton of fun with them.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:07 AM   #10
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Just had another great one.....of course, I lost but it was my own fault - I threw the two stupid "panic" picks, then fumbled to put myself down 21-0 in the second qtr.

Before I threw the controller across the room I managed to get a few big offensive plays and get things going in my favor, coming back to make it 31-24 going into the 4th. They called a few perfect blitzes (around my cement-footed RT) and the rest is history.......I did manage one amazing run with my HB once my LG (yes........my Left Guard) got "hot"....a couple jukes, dipped the shoulder and pulled away down the sideline.....absolutely sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

- but then again, highlights during a losing effort can only be so much fun.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 6

I've got VERY similar sliders for PS2, that I haven't really thought posting. I think these look terrific. I really like how ratings stand out a bit more with sliders like this. And of course, the fun level which keeps you coming back. Thanks for posting these, they have given me a couple ideas to lower some of the unneccessary CPU int's ( which i still don't think are as big a problem as everyone says).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #12
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

After a couple of games I think the only problem I have with these is my DL production has really slipped off, and the lowest guy on my DL is a 88. Even when I start to bring the blitzes the OL picks most of them up. I've had every game close since using these. Which is nice but I barely beat some teams or lost to some I should have killed. Although my starting QB being out for the entire year and only getting to play a couple of series without getting injured probably has a lot to do with that. I brought him back in (he has been questionable for 3 weeks, and I had two losses and a narrow win), he lit up the defense, then got injured again.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:56 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 16

These are getting pretty frustrating haha. I was losing to TEMPLE(!) 21-7 as da U! i could not get any pressure on there qb. i tried everything, but nothing worked! there linebackers also made two ONE HANDED interceptions!

any tips would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #14
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
These are getting pretty frustrating haha. I was losing to TEMPLE(!) 21-7 as da U! i could not get any pressure on there qb. i tried everything, but nothing worked! there linebackers also made two ONE HANDED interceptions!

any tips would be greatly appreciated
I have yet to see any one handed grabs by the LB's - sounds scary (especially from Temple). As far as pressure on the QB goes.....you almost have to call the right blitz, or confuse them by shifting guys before the snap. I have an All_-American DE which I would assume helps. I bring blitzes from everywhere and usually get 1-2 sacks per game & 4-5 hurries, with a knockdown thrown in here and there.......I woudl say to increase the break block but that would throw offthe running.....

I have a feeling that those new ratings really play a factor when the O meets the D as some games I will have very easy just due to one ot two matchups - find those and exploit them - like real 'ball.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #15
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I have yet to see any one handed grabs by the LB's - sounds scary (especially from Temple). As far as pressure on the QB goes.....you almost have to call the right blitz, or confuse them by shifting guys before the snap. I have an All_-American DE which I would assume helps. I bring blitzes from everywhere and usually get 1-2 sacks per game & 4-5 hurries, with a knockdown thrown in here and there.......I woudl say to increase the break block but that would throw offthe running.....

I have a feeling that those new ratings really play a factor when the O meets the D as some games I will have very easy just due to one ot two matchups - find those and exploit them - like real 'ball.
Man I saw a Illini LB do one of those to me, i couldn't believe my eyes. A jumping one handed grab from my briefly healthy starting QB made me so mad. I won the game in 4 OT so all is fair. I turned up my break block by 5 and started calling some different defenses and that has seemed to have an effect. Rob Rose (DE #9 for anybody curious on OSU) has turned into a monster for me, while my 97 overall AA DE has had an average season. For some reason my defense plays so much better in the 4-3 as opposed to matching up a 3 WR set with nickle. I used that package against Illinois and saw massive improvements. Instead of giving up the usual 30 points in 4 quarters, I gave up only 17. However the 4 OTs did not help my score count. I am still adjusting to these like I said and sometimes my patience is really tried and I start trying to force things which I think creates a lot of my problems. I must say though, I do not have a huge problem with idiotic CPU QBs throwing even 2 picks a game.

Has anybody had any blowouts with these yet? I'm still adjusting and have had every game either close or I lose. After 4 OTs against Illinois, I am scared to death for Michigan right now. This is the #1 Michigan in year 2 that somehow didn't lose a step.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 02:28 AM   #16
Banned

arichzona's Arena

another great one.....winning on a last second FG vs Marshall (26-24)......Actually lowered QB ACC of the CPU to 45 and it slows down the velocity a bit so you can line up some fun hits on the wideouts and I still had no picks agasint them.........of course this was my C rated Defense vs their C+ rated "O."

HB for me ran for 108 (4.9 ypc) and the cpu ran for 78 (4.2 avg).

fun fun fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »