Home

JJSmitty34 sliders - stop the INT's (Varsity - 360)

This is a discussion on JJSmitty34 sliders - stop the INT's (Varsity - 360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #41
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: JJSmitty34 sliders - stop the INT's (Varsity - 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmitty34
Hmmm did you play a dynasty game and change the coach strategy..????
Sure did. I just picked a couple of random games in my dynasty to play out instead of sim. I did it for the last game I played with these sliders and strategies as well. I was the first to reply to your post last night because I thought you were onto something. I got all psyched too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Sure did. I just picked a couple of random games in my dynasty to play out instead of sim. I did it for the last game I played with these sliders and strategies as well. I was the first to reply to your post last night because I thought you were onto something. I got all psyched too.
Maybe try a low tier team, I'm currently playing with Buffalo and having a blast. I have yet to try a powerhouse team but that will be my next dynasty.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #43
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

Quote:
Maybe try a low tier team, I'm currently playing with Buffalo and having a blast. I have yet to try a powerhouse team but that will be my next dynasty.
That is probably the only way to go. Any team with an average defense has sticky fingers in this game. How this issue got past these characters at EA again is just sad.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
That is probably the only way to go. Any team with an average defense has sticky fingers in this game. How this issue got past these characters at EA again is just sad.
How do you play defense.??? I just play as one person, always a DE and I let the computer play the other positions.. Try that out, it may just change your mind.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Only problem with this theory is eventually your average team will be built into a competitive team and then your right back where you started!

The only way this game is any good is if you can create a slider set that works for all teams top to bottom ... i.e. makes it tough for weak teams to compete with top teams, and easier to compete with average or below average teams.

This of course is why I usually stop playing this game once I have turned my weak team into a national powerhouse ... it's too damn easy then! While that may be realistic, it's not fun when you can recruit just about anybody you want and have 2nd string players that could start on many teams. Once I get to a point where I pretty much know I'll win 10+ games every year it's just not as much fun. I enjoy the building process where every game is an unknown ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #46
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

Quote:
How do you play defense.??? I just play as one person, always a DE and I let the computer play the other positions.. Try that out, it may just change your mind.
I stick with the DTs or DEs or occassionally a blitzing LB. I don't switch until a receiver has caught the ball to make a tackle and sometimes I just let them make the tackle because my tackling skills are iffy.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #47
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Only problem with this theory is eventually your average team will be built into a competitive team and then your right back where you started!

The only way this game is any good is if you can create a slider set that works for all teams top to bottom ... i.e. makes it tough for weak teams to compete with top teams, and easier to compete with average or below average teams.

This of course is why I usually stop playing this game once I have turned my weak team into a national powerhouse ... it's too damn easy then! While that may be realistic, it's not fun when you can recruit just about anybody you want and have 2nd string players that could start on many teams. Once I get to a point where I pretty much know I'll win 10+ games every year it's just not as much fun. I enjoy the building process where every game is an unknown ...
I agree. I may end up not playing this game at all since I have not found a remedy for the INTs. It's a gamekiller in my book, just as it was last year for me. I didn't want to admit it, but it is. Turnovers change the game and if I ALWAYS have the advantage, there is no fun in that. What's the point of playing then?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99

You can restrict yourself to house rules to make recruiting harder, like only going after 3 stars.. All I know is I'm finally enjoying this game and these sliders are allowing me to do that..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »