Home

Jistic's NCAA 2009 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistic's NCAA 2009 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 03:22 AM   #9

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Jistic's NCAA 2009 Heisman Sliders

ok i played my first game with these sliders and well i got destroyed by FSU.

it was UM(me) vs FSU(cpu).

it was 7-7 at halftime but then i turned into an idiot and threw 4 picks in the 2nd half (3/4 were human error)

the final score was 34-14

Total Offense
FSU 298
UM 262

Rushing
FSU 31 carries 65 yards 1TD
UM 34 carries 86 yards 2TD

Passing
FSU 26 for 33 233 yards 3 TD 2INT
UM 15 for 32 176 yards 0TD 5INT(bc im ******** when it comes to passing)

UM had 4 sacks and constant pressure on the QB although some times the QB amazed me with his off balanced zingers to wide open TEs when i blitzed

FSU had 5 sacks but they dominated me

i will play some more games tomorrow and post the results
Old 07-19-2008, 03:30 AM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Hey J! thats what i noticed too. the fact that the cpu sliders don't do much and that the cpu only becomes better/worse once you set the reg diff.

Like on Freshman it's super easy. On varsity its get a bit more challanging and then from heisman on it's just TOO overpowering.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:03 AM   #11
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Very interesting. I'll have to try these out once I get the chance. Obviously we disagree on the CPU Sliders but I look forward to seeing what type of results I get with these. I'm curious to see how much more frequently the CPU goes deep with that QB Accuracy. And, I guess this supports my theory that CPU QB is able to sense his own slider rating when thinking about trying to go deep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 05:36 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just played my first game with these sliders, and I really enjoyed what I played. It was Clemson (me) vs. FSU in Death Valley. Here's some stats from the game.

Passing

Harper (CU): 25-43 for 254, 1 TD and 4 picks (Forced some things and threw a pick testing the CPU deep, not one of my finer passing games.)

Weatherford (FSU): 8-12 1 TD and 2 picks (Was pressured into mistakes early but settled down til he was knocked out of the game.)

Ponder (FSU): 15-24 2 TD 2 picks (Same as Weatherford, after he settled in he was tough to stop.)

Rushing

Davis (CU): 21 carries for 96 yards, 4.5 avg. 1 TD
Spiller (CU): 17 for 68, 4.0 avg. 1 TD

Smith (FSU): 16 for 142, 8.8 avg. 2 TD (Had a few huge runs, my fault with some stupid dives and missed hit sticks)

Team Stats: CU FSU

Total Offense: 403 467
Turnovers: 6 4
Time of Poss: 18:31 13:33

General Thoughts: This was by far the most enjoyable game of 09 i've played thus far. FINALLY, the CPU ran the ball effectively, and against a good defense to boot. People may cringe at the 4 CPU INTs, but both QBs were shaky early from some intense pressure from my front 4 and then they were able to settle in. All of my picks were forced into coverage and didn't feel cheap.

And Jistic, great call with the 95 for penalties, as a saw a lot of penalties (10 for the game!) Great work with these, they are by FAR the best I've played with and I'm gonna fire up another game to get some more stats for ya!

Last edited by sj3981; 07-19-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Played another game, I'm a little concerned with some of the things I saw in this particular game. The Big Game at Memorial Stadium. Cal(me) won 42-39.

Passing

Longshore (Cal): 11-21 (52%) 1 Int (Didn't really have to pass much this game).
Pritchard (Stan): 25-31 (80%!!!) 5 TD O Int (Torched me all game long).

Rushing

Best (Cal): 37 carries for 312, 8.4 avg. 5 TD (Will go into more detail on this.)
Montgomery (Cal): 6 carries for 66, 11 avg. 1 TD

Kimble (Stan): 22 for 68, 3.0 avg. (Couldn't get it going).

I felt like the CPU really has a major problem stopping speed backs. Jahvid Best is third on the Bears depth chart, but has 96 speed, so he seems much more difficult for the CPU to stop. The CPU seems to need an elite defense with great team speed to have a shot in hell at stopping speed backs. My o-line was fairly overpowered as well, as Stanford was just stuck on blocks the whole game. I only ran five sweeps the whole game and the were incredibly effective so I just stopped using them in the 2nd half. Also Pritchard just torched me this game, mainly i think due to virtually no pass rush from my d-line. I seemed to get pretty good pressure in my first game, so I'm not sure what caused my lack of pressure this game. It definitely felt like their was a difference between the two teams in talent, which was good, but Human run blocking was WAY to effective.

The more and more I play this game I'm starting to think that sliders need to be tweaked from game to game based on the opposition, mainly due to defenses inability to stop the run.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #14
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Hopefully the first game was an anomaly because I played Tennessee as Auburn at Jordan Hare. The Tennessee QB went 19-22 with 2 TDs. I'm playing 9 minute quarters. No deep balls either. I have a few thoughts on that as well.

It's gets back to the fact the QB ACC slider really affects the velocity of the pass not really the accuracy. If you want to get technical I guess you could say the QB is less accurate at a lower setting because the ball is thrown at a slower speed.

Based on that rationale and the fact that the genius programmers at EA decided to cripple the defense from a speed standpoint the QB ACC almost needs to be lower to have a chance at making a play on the ball. I have AWR at 100 for both too.

As far as the deep balls or lack of deep balls I think a lot has to do with the play books. If you take a good look at them I think it may be safe to say that about 80% of the routes are under 10 yards. Maybe more than 80%.

On one play called "Deep In", the in route is only 8 yards! What about a 15yd. in? What about the 15yd. out? I think the play books need a major overhaul and it may be part of the reason the CPU refuses to throw the long pass. It's basically the same every play. Drop back and throw within 3 seconds. That's almost not even enough time to run a deep route.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

If the AI sliders dont work then this game is broke because its way to easy to pass the ball in this game. Its a piece of cake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 17

Wow...these are the ones I've been using for a few days now almost exactly.

I knocked up QBA yesterday to 100 from 40 yesterday just to try it and liked it and settled at 75. With it at 40 the user just has no hope of completing a deep route. Also like you said, you wont see a big enough difference in the CPU to matter in terms of incompletions. They are getting it either way.

Same with RBA at 60, though mine is at 65 I think because it helps the CPU run game more.

And I have knockdowns at 75 because I realized when I had USER Awr and Knd at 100 it became impossible for me to pass the ball besides short and over the middle

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »