Home

Jistic's NCAA 2009 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistic's NCAA 2009 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #17
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Jistic's NCAA 2009 Heisman Sliders

I just finished a game with the orginal sliders in the first post. I was Michigan St. vs. the W. Kentucky, CPU.

I'll preface this by saying, I have always played on All American. I never could get used to the difficulty in Heisman. I played with 8 min. quarters.

I won 39-37 and had a tough time stopping WKU's offense. Here are the stats

Total Offense
WKU - 320
MSU - 380

Rushing
WKU - 21-71
MSU - 37-95

Passing
WKU - 24-30(80%) 3 TDs 2 picks 169.3 QB rating
MSU - 23-34(67%) 1 TD 0 picks 147.7 QB rating

QB sacks
WKU - 2
MSU - 0 (I got close maybe 2 times)

Kickoff returns
WKU
#81 7 returns, 280 yards, 40 average
#86 3 returns, 106 yards, 35.3 avg
MSU
#82 4 returns, 100 yards, 25 avg
#1 2 returns, 53 yards, 26.5 avg

Punt returns
MSU
#82 2 returns, 66 yards, 33 avg

I made 6 or 6 Field Goals

Worse thing I saw in the game - - - On 3rd down, WKU quarterback did a reverse pivot and through to his running back while in mid spin. The WKU RB then ran out of bounds for a 5 yard loss even though he had blockers and no defenders around.

Not trying to flame on these sliders, just to figure out why I struggled with WKU's offense. Not saying MSU has a great defense, but I would think their defensive line would give WKU's o-line some challenges. Like I said, I don't usually play on Heisman (and this is one of the reasons why). I can't figure out how to play a realistic game on that level. So far I haven't seen anything that helps the game for All-American players. Please advise.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #18
Rookie

5280Italian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
So far I haven't seen anything that helps the game for All-American players. Please advise.

Thanks
Try out the AA sliders we have been testing in this post. I would like to hear about your results.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sliders-2.html
Old 07-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #19
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

OK, Jistic, I am finally over my darn migraine headache, and I am ready to try these sliders out. I will post some stats when I am done. Your sliders and sometimes Heelfans are the ones that usually fit my playing style and skill level. Here we go....
Old 07-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #20
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

I played with these sliders for 3 quarters before I just turned it off. I was KU playing against FAU (a team I should dominate). After 3 quarters it was KU 29-FAU 27. Offensively I like these quite a bit, defensively was another story. The FAU QB was 24-26 with 2 TD, 1 INT. That's right...1 ball hit the ground, they were unstoppable. Every slider set I have tried seems to end up with the same result...defensively I cannot stop the robo QB. I'm about ready to give up on sliders...need patch NOW!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

The only robo QB performance I've seen with these sliders was Tebow, and I can live with that.

But with the state of the game now we have to live with it for now. But I'm telling you, you gotta blitz more. You'll see less completions, and some more deep throws. Otherwise if you're keeping everything in front of you, you'll see 20-23 games for 160 yards.

I held the CPU to 49% passing in a game last night, it can be done. But the robo QB games will happen. We just have to deal for now.

I just don't wanna feel unchallenged by the CPU and drop that QB ACC down to lame duck status.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, I know what ya mean. I just feel like all the slider sets I've been using I keep getting nearly identical results even with sliders being drastically different. I think the best ones for me so far have been AuburnAlumni's AA sliders...even then it was hit and miss. 2nd patch is needed badly, hopefully they can put that together before the season starts, but that's probably fairly unlikely.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:52 PM   #23
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Had a really fun game in a second yr USF dynasty game vs UCF. didnt seem to be so realistic though. I won 38-31 (this is my first time ever on heisman fyi) grothes stats were ok something like 25-38 238 yrds 3td/3int(all my bad passes) Howver a UCF ball never touched the ground they were 22-26 pasing, 3TDs, 1Int. also thier rush game was only good for 35 yds on 30 attempts with a TD. Mike Ford rushing only averaged like 2.7 ypc. Hope this somehow helps... sry i dont have exact stats for you
Old 07-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #24
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I endorse these sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »